Injury Report: Infirmary Thread '15-16 [Davidson, Ference, Klefbom, Gryba, Pouliot, Nuge]

Status
Not open for further replies.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Honestly, I thought Slepyshev has played quite well in limited minutes.

Absolutely, kid has all the tools to be an impact player. I just think it'll be better for his transition and confidence to work in the AHL where he can play big minutes and make mistakes without the consequences being so severe. The fact that he's be able to step in and play at the level he has makes me value him more and want to make sure he gets the proper development and not see him stagnate or regress in the bigs.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Absolutely, kid has all the tools to be an impact player. I just think it'll be better for his transition and confidence to work in the AHL where he can play big minutes and make mistakes without the consequences being so severe. The fact that he's be able to step in and play at the level he has makes me value him more and want to make sure he gets the proper development and not see him stagnate or regress in the bigs.
There is something about Slepy, he didn't play many minutes in the KHL either. Could his fitness levels be low so he can't actually play many minutes?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers account just tweeted out that Reinhart's been activated from the IR. Oilers have 9 D up now, that can't last.

With Eberle and Hendricks close as well, there are going to be some roster moves soon.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nurse skating with Ference might mean he is sent down sadly...

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
There is something about Slepy, he didn't play many minutes in the KHL either. Could his fitness levels be low so he can't actually play many minutes?

I doubt it. KHL teams rarely give minutes to young guys and if I recall correctly he was one of the teams top forwards in icetime by the time playoffs rolled around last year.

Oilers account just tweeted out that Reinhart's been activated from the IR. Oilers have 9 D up now, that can't last.

With Eberle and Hendricks close as well, there are going to be some roster moves soon.

It'd be a bummer if Nurse was sent down, the Oilers are better off with Reinhart and Nurse in the lineup IMO.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nurse - Sekera
Klefbom - Fayne
Nurse - Reinhart
Gryba, Ference, Davidson

Send down Slepy?

McDeathbyCheerios*

Keeping 9 defencemen is a recipe for a cluster ****. Gotta move someone and until a trade can be made it just might be Nurse, sadly.
Trade Fayne and Davidson and a pick or two to a team for a defender?

McDeathbyCheerios*

Fayne & Davidson don't have much (if any) value in a trade.
Fayne can probably do well with a good partner out east but would mostly be moved to balance salary. The picks will be the more valuable pieces.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Listening to Hendricks interview said he's healing well and would like to get in the next game, though from tone I think he knows that's too optimistic. Sounds like he is close though maybe as soon as the Sunday game he will be back in the line-up.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I'm not sure if it's being reported anywhere but I'm hearing Eberle is tracking to be back on Friday if things go as planned over the next couple of days.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Habs fan coming in peace to ask a question I'll admit is strictly for pool reasons

Will Eberle be playing top line RW when he's back (hopefully tomorrow)

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Yakupov
?

PS - Real sorry to see McDavid go down, as a fan of hockey he was/will be a treat to watch.

peace

edit: just noticed your 'line combos' thread answers my question, my bad!

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Habs fan coming in peace to ask a question I'll admit is strictly for pool reasons

Will Eberle be playing top line RW when he's back (hopefully tomorrow)

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Yakupov
?

PS - Real sorry to see McDavid go down, as a fan of hockey he was/will be a treat to watch.

peace

edit: just noticed your 'line combos' thread answers my question, my bad!

Hah. I was just about to answer your question. Beat me to it.

Good luck on your draft.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Is there any substantive report on Schultz's injury and possible return date? Searches are giving me "up to 4 weeks" dated on Oct. 29th.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
McDavid, Korpi, Schultz, Hendricks, Klinkhammer, Eberle far from 100%. This team is the goddamn walking dead. Pouliot out sick tonight. Seven regulars hurt or playing hurt.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
McDavid, Korpi, Schultz, Hendricks, Klinkhammer, Eberle far from 100%. This team is the goddamn walking dead. Pouliot out sick tonight. Seven regulars hurt or playing hurt.

I'd be curious to see what our man games missed to injury is compared to the rest of the league. Seems like we've had a lot of injury issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad