Injury Report: Infirmary Thread '15-16 [Davidson, Ference, Klefbom, Gryba, Pouliot, Nuge]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger*

As per the Oilers app, Hendricks injury is to his foot. Sustained in the Calgary game while blocking a shot.

Avenger*

Reinhart is day-to-day. He's banged up from the Vancouver game. McLellan stated so today in his media presser.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Hopefully Reinhart is back tomorrow. Ference is completely done at this point.

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Reinhart to IR - what happened? It sounded light at first...

Reinhart is likely being put on IR retroactively and so won't have to stay the full week out of the lineup. They needed to open a spot in their 23 for Nurse, so Reinhart gets shuffled to the IR until Schultz's injury is more clear.

In other news, Eberle is skating before practice now and could be back by early next week.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
It sounds like Jordan Eberle is hoping to start skating with the team next week. They are looking at a possible return sometime after he has a few hard skates. His exact return date will depend on how the shoulder handles contact in practice. It sounds like November 10th to 15th could be reasonable.

From Gregor's most recent Oilers Nation article

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Reinhart is likely being put on IR retroactively and so won't have to stay the full week out of the lineup. They needed to open a spot in their 23 for Nurse, so Reinhart gets shuffled to the IR until Schultz's injury is more clear.

In other news, Eberle is skating before practice now and could be back by early next week.

Can't wait for him to get back will be awesome for our top 6 and PP, hope they don't rush him back though like they have other players in past seasons.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

That certainly doesn't sound great. Hopefully it's nothing too serious in the end?

i never want an injury to a player, but not having schultz on this team isn't really going to hurt us, and in some respects might even help.... although i will admit schultz has made at least *some* progression this year, it hasn't been much.... he is still largely a disaster in his own end, is all but useless on the PP, and will be able to solve his inherit "size issues" (no fault of his own there of course)

additionally, an injury would force us to take a longer look at nurse (even though i don't think he's ready right now) and reinhart (who does appear to be ready)... and get a different look on our PP, which would be great IMO

McDeathbyCheerios*

i never want an injury to a player, but not having schultz on this team isn't really going to hurt us, and in some respects might even help.... although i will admit schultz has made at least *some* progression this year, it hasn't been much.... he is still largely a disaster in his own end, is all but useless on the PP, and will be able to solve his inherit "size issues" (no fault of his own there of course)

additionally, an injury would force us to take a longer look at nurse (even though i don't think he's ready right now) and reinhart (who does appear to be ready)... and get a different look on our PP, which would be great IMO
Uhhhhh....

The only part I can agree with is taking a look at Nurse and someone else on the pp. Schultz has been a lot better this year and unless Nurse comes out flying, we will miss Schultz majorly.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We are going to miss Schultz period. Maybe Klefbom or even Reinhart show better on the PP but Schultz is one of our better offensive D and puck movers. He has been much improved this season except on the PP.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Uhhhhh....

The only part I can agree with is taking a look at Nurse and someone else on the pp. Schultz has been a lot better this year and unless Nurse comes out flying, we will miss Schultz majorly.

I don't see Nurse on the PP at all. I'd sooner see Reinhart get a chance there TBH. Klefbom is the guy that gets first crack though.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Just my guess (Stauffer also hinted at the possibility today, no idea if he's actually right), but I bet Schultz has been playing with 'something' for a while now, but it got to a point where he couldn't deal with it any longer. That's my guess.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
About an hour ago I heard them say on ched that Schultz is out for at least another week with suspected upper body injury. :(

Oct 15, 2008

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad