Injury Report: Infirmary Thread '15-16 [Davidson, Ference, Klefbom, Gryba, Pouliot, Nuge]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
About an hour ago I heard them say on ched that Schultz is out for at least another week with suspected upper body injury. :(

Hopefully they can stick him on the IR then and hopefully Griff comes in in place of Davidson.

McDeathbyCheerios*

i don't like schultz, and history has proven me right on this point, time and time again.... the ridiculous thing would be to disagree with the assessment of "schultz is a very bad NHL defenceman" - everything we have seen from him shows that he is (at best) a 3rd pairing guy
He is an average to good 2nd pairing defensemen who is constantly being pushed into top pairing roles.

Look at Petry, garbage as our top guy but looks incredible in a second pairing role.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
i don't like schultz, and history has proven me right on this point, time and time again.... the ridiculous thing would be to disagree with the assessment of "schultz is a very bad NHL defenceman" - everything we have seen from him shows that he is (at best) a 3rd pairing guy

Schultz has his strong points.

Look at last night, all our defensemen had problems getting the puck out of the zone from behind the net.

One of those things Schultz does well that others take for granted because he's not scoring like Karlsson and how every D-zone mistake he makes is amplified by the fanbase.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What kind of medical staff do we have that is in Europe during the season? Seems messed up.

On a side note Gregor mentioned in his article Eberle probably coming back 10-15th. Start skating next week I believe.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He is an average to good 2nd pairing defensemen who is constantly being pushed into top pairing roles.

Look at Petry, garbage as our top guy but looks incredible in a second pairing role.

Petry was never garbage in his time in Edmonton. And was never even close to as bad as Schultz has been at time. That being said, I think Schultz has the abilities to be a top 4 d-man and demonstrated as much to start the season. He had a really terrible game against Washington and then got hurt. Before that he was solid.

AvOiL

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2008
Calgary, AB
What kind of medical staff do we have that is in Europe during the season? Seems messed up.

On a side note Gregor mentioned in his article Eberle probably coming back 10-15th. Start skating next week I believe.

That's odd. Pretty sure Eberle has already been skating for over a week.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

World class? Top surgeons travel to international conferences frequently to discuss the latest procedures and case study results. I imagine the orthopaedic surgeon conference schedule is not tailored around the NA professional sports league seasons.

Oct 15, 2008

No the ridiculous thing to say would be to hope for an injury to a player.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Petry was never garbage in his time in Edmonton. And was never even close to as bad as Schultz has been at time. That being said, I think Schultz has the abilities to be a top 4 d-man and demonstrated as much to start the season. He had a really terrible game against Washington and then got hurt. Before that he was solid.

Petry was most certainly terrible at times during his stint in Edmonton. Sometimes very long stretches.

Very similar to how Sekera is currently doing against top pairing competition.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
World class? Top surgeons travel to international conferences frequently to discuss the latest procedures and case study results. I imagine the orthopaedic surgeon conference schedule is not tailored around the NA professional sports league seasons.

This - I think in this case Dr Naidu was at a concussion conference.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I haven't heard anything about Dilon Simpson in a long time and my Dad says that he's injured. Can you guys shed any light on this?

Oct 15, 2008
agree 100%, which is why i started my comment with "i never want an injury to a player"..... apparently you didn't bother to read my post

Right. You then went on to detail how good and wonderful an apparent injury to one of our players would be and then proceeded to gleefully point out the many wonderful ways that would be.

Which is confusing to me because JS should be a star in the nhl using your PPG AHL threshold. :help:

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Right. You then went on to detail how good and wonderful an apparent injury to one of our players would be and then proceeded to gleefully point out the many wonderful ways that would be.

Which is confusing to me because JS should be a star in the nhl using your PPG AHL threshold. :help:

all i was doing was saying that opportunities for the team and individual players will arise due to an injury.... this is said in some way or another in pretty much every hockey broadcast in the world when they talk about injuries.... i guess all the commentators are wrong as well? whatever man

and no, he shouldn't.... the PPG AHL rule only applies to 20 year olds, schultz wasn't 20 in his first AHL season, he was 22

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Man... legit hoping for some players to get injured is more than a little ****ed up.

I've said things in jest like hoping Spider Mabel wouldn't be able to find Ference... and where is Jeff Gillooley when you need him :) ... but I don't think I've hoped for a player to get injured.

Well maybe I take that back... Carcillo was such a ****ing a-hole that when he hit Gilbert (when he was still an Oiler) and basically intentionally injured him... I couldn't give a **** whether he was injured... would be karma after what he's done to players.

Hoping for injuries to players on your own team though? Not cool.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

Seems Eberle is back practicing, I'd imagine his return would mean AHL time for Slep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad