In the System VIII (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Looking at the NHL and AHL contracts, I'm surprised how many players the Admirals have actually signed. Bolded names have NHL contracts, Italicized names are AHL contracts.

F (12 NHL Contracts/5 AHL Contracts)
Grimaldi/Carr/Salomaki/Gaudreau
Rem Pitlick
Lukas Craggs
Josh Wilkins
Eeli Tolvanen
Zach Magwood
Yakov Trenin
Mathieu Olivier
Tanner Jeannot
Laurent Dauphin
Anthony Richard
Colin Blackwell
Hunter Garlent
Thomas Novak
Joe Pendenza
Hugo Roy
Cole Schneider
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D (6/4)
Matt Donovan
Alex Carrier
Jarred Tinordi
Frederic Allard
Brandon Fortunato
Jeremy Davies
Arvin Atwal
Josh Healey
Scott Savage
Adam Smith
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
G (2/2)
Connor Ingram
Troy Grosenick
Ken Appleby
Cam Johnson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Looking at the NHL and AHL contracts, I'm surprised how many players the Admirals have actually signed. Bolded names have NHL contracts, Italicized names are AHL contracts.

F (12 NHL Contracts/5 AHL Contracts)
Grimaldi/Carr/Salomaki/Gaudreau
Rem Pitlick
Lukas Craggs
Josh Wilkins
Eeli Tolvanen
Zach Magwood
Yakov Trenin
Mathieu Olivier
Tanner Jeannot
Laurent Dauphin
Anthony Richard
Colin Blackwell
Hunter Garlent
Thomas Novak
Joe Pendenza
Hugo Roy
Cole Schneider
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D (6/4)
Matt Donovan
Alex Carrier
Jarred Tinordi
Frederic Allard
Brandon Fortunato
Jeremy Davies
Arvin Atwal
Josh Healey
Scott Savage
Adam Smith
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
G (2/2)
Connor Ingram
Troy Grosenick
Ken Appleby
Cam Johnson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Pendenza played 40 games for Milwaukee last season. Cole Schneider played 24 games and Scott Savage (D) played 19 games for the Ads last season.

Roy and Novak, both centers, each played 3 games for the Admirals last season.

Injuries and lack of offense caused many of those signings.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Just read Corey Pronman's prospect ranking for us and his organizational Top 10 are in order:
  1. Philip Tomasino, C (18)
  2. Eeli Tolvanen, RW (20)
  3. Egor Afanasyev, LW (18)
  4. Dante Fabbro, D (21)
  5. Jachym Kondelik, C (19)
  6. Rem Pitlick, C (22)
  7. Jeremy Davies, D (22)
  8. Semyon Chistyakov, D (18)
  9. Tomas Vomacka, G (20)
  10. Connor Ingram, G (22)
Kind of shocking to me that he has Fabbro so low. He has us ranked at 26th for prospect pools in the league.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
So the guy who is already in the league is ranked behind 2 guys who were just drafted this year?

Not defending his position because I think he is way too low on Fabbro, but the rankings are based on what he thinks the players NHL career will be not immediate impact. He has a section on immediate impact and lists Fabbro and Tolvanen as the only two likely players to get substantial NHL time with Davies and Pitlick (as well as Ingram if we have any goalie injuries) having the potential for a few games.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
On Ingram:

Nichol Says: "Hopefully he'll be the biggest surprise of camp. We've really liked this goalie for a long time, and he's fighting for the number one spot in Milwaukee. It'll be a good tandem with him and Troy Grosenick, and we have Ken Appleby, too. That's a good, three-goalie tandem to push each other. Connor needed some fresh scenery, and we're excited in Milwaukee in the future of those two guys pushing each other."

Also, interesting thing about Josh Wilkins: "Wilkins was never drafted, but he has a local tie to the region - he is a product of the TPH Thunder youth program, which merged with the Nashville Jr. Predators in December of 2018 and plays out of Ford Ice Center, captaining its U-16 team in 2013-14."

Preds Rookie Camp Preview: Familiar Names, Fresh Faces to Watch For

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
On Ingram:

Nichol Says: "Hopefully he'll be the biggest surprise of camp. We've really liked this goalie for a long time, and he's fighting for the number one spot in Milwaukee. It'll be a good tandem with him and Troy Grosenick, and we have Ken Appleby, too. That's a good, three-goalie tandem to push each other. Connor needed some fresh scenery, and we're excited in Milwaukee in the future of those two guys pushing each other."

Also, interesting thing about Josh Wilkins: "Wilkins was never drafted, but he has a local tie to the region - he is a product of the TPH Thunder youth program, which merged with the Nashville Jr. Predators in December of 2018 and plays out of Ford Ice Center, captaining its U-16 team in 2013-14."

Preds Rookie Camp Preview: Familiar Names, Fresh Faces to Watch For

I saw Appleby play for the Moose in that Saturday game in Milwaukee last season.

He let in EIGHT IIRC.

I think that half the posters on here could out play him. In his 10 AHL games, he had a 3.92 GAA, .884, 34 goals in 520 minutes.

I don't want to see him play in Milwaukee, unless it is for the visitors!

"Do you remember when Eddie stopped 42 against Montreal?" "Yeah; too bad about the other 10." - Cheers

Last edited:

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Pronman ranked the 31 NHL teams by their 23 and under core for the upcoming season, and we finished 31st.

The youngest returning player from last season for the Predators is Saros, who turned 24 in April. Fabbro and Tolvanen should push for NHL games this season, though, and they are very good prospects. It’s hard to place anywhere but the bottom on this type of list when you have zero NHL regulars in the age range and a farm system that isn’t above-average.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Just read Corey Pronman's prospect ranking for us and his organizational Top 10 are in order:
  1. Philip Tomasino, C (18)
  2. Eeli Tolvanen, RW (20)
  3. Egor Afanasyev, LW (18)
  4. Dante Fabbro, D (21)
  5. Jachym Kondelik, C (19)
  6. Rem Pitlick, C (22)
  7. Jeremy Davies, D (22)
  8. Semyon Chistyakov, D (18)
  9. Tomas Vomacka, G (20)
  10. Connor Ingram, G (22)
Kind of shocking to me that he has Fabbro so low. He has us ranked at 26th for prospect pools in the league.
If I had to put money on it, I would predict a top3 for nhl careers:
Ingram
Afanasyev
Davies

Tomasino and Fabbro with honorable mentions.

I think Ingram is the real deal and our long term goalie of the future.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I don't hate the farm as much as I did before this draft. I feel like Tomasino and Afanasyev were great additions. Most of our players are in their prime and locked into long term contracts. Can't be too upset that we don't have a bunch of NHL regulars under 23.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Yeah, our core is middle-aged at this point. Most of our top players are in their primes and we generally know what to expect from them.

We've actually had the least roster turnover in the entire league since 15-16 (although that might have been before the Subban trade).

I expect a reckoning of sorts 2-3 years from now that will determine our future.

During that time Fabbro and Tolvanen come off their ELCs, the Seattle expansion draft happens, Rinne and Saros's contracts end, with Rinne likely retiring, and Forsberg and Ekholm become UFAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad