In the System VIII (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadof5boys

May 25, 2003
Murfreesbo Tennessee
Visit site
AF24 adsfan cjerina ect are all great Milwaukee and Nashville fans alike. if anyone wants to overreact to a minor league move, they have all the grounds to. they are invested in a way to the admirals we don't understand and we try to minimize because it's minor league hockey.

that said, the move made zero sense at the time since i doubt he was a hold up on a PK deal. it does make sense now for sure.
Agreed; I think it’s awesome to have Preds fans in Milwaukee, so if they get upset about, what at the time seemed like a head scratcher, I think here “in the system” thread is a totally appropriate place to do it. I’d hope we don’t become fans who lean towards elitism just because we have an NHL team and others (especially our farm city) do not. The move sucked for Ads fans; let them vent a bit; we do the same thing when we don’t like moves that are made that we don’t like on the big club.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i love that tomasino gets great reviews on his skating ability. i can't remember the last time we drafted a guy in the first round with such great scouting reports on skating.

Last edited:

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
so the popular opinion seems to be that while a lot of the prospects looked good to great, no one except Fabbro really looked NHL ready yet.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
That's really disappointing about Tolvanen.

He showed really good hands. For a while I thought "Well, maybe he just really doesn't care about the prospect camp as he's focused on training camp and the Preds/Ads later in the summer"... but that's also not a very appealing thought, especially when someone like Fabbro who is guaranteed a spot on the Preds next year is out there busting his butt and showing everyone how it's done.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
I would not write off Tolvanen for the year. To paraphrase Allen Iverson, “It’s rookie camp. We aren’t talking about a game (or even regular training camp).”

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
2nd round Russian is going to be a steal

Between Tomasino, Afanasyev and Walther, it just feels like a much better place for this franchise vs a year ago when Tolvanen was our only hope. Now in the event that he doesn't become an impact player, it now seems like we have some other real talent working their way up.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Between Tomasino, Afanasyev and Walther, it just feels like a much better place for this franchise vs a year ago when Tolvanen was our only hope. Now in the event that he doesn't become an impact player, it now seems like we have some other real talent working their way up.

Agreed. Really glad Poile kept our 1st and recouped a 2nd..

Reactions: Enoch

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Hi guys.

How is Duncan Siemens doing in Milwaukee?

Any chance to be still some day in NHL ?

He played well in Milwaukee last year, but was only on an AHL Contract. I do not expect him to return this year simply due to the number of defensemen we already have on contract.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
It's still disappointing. Doesnt mean I'm giving up on him by any means but I'd have hoped after a full AHL season he would have looked ready for the jump...

I believe that the lack of offensive talent in Milwaukee for the first half of the season held Eeli back in his development. He played a complete game last season. He played defense, he checked people in the neutral zone. He used his speed to backcheck and cover on D when there was only one D man back. A lot of that Bob Gainey stuff doesn't show up in the stats. I saw him play over 30 games in person and feel that I am a better judge than the fans based in Nashville. He will probably be in MKE all season. He will make a good NHL player at 21. He won't have Fiala's bad habits.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
He (Eeli) will probably be in MKE all season.

My optimistic hot take is that the Preds signed Carr to pair with Eeli in Milwaukee so he actually has someone with scoring talent to work with and improve either his skill or morale (or both). Based on the one-way contract, I'm not sure Carr ends up in Milwaukee though.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
My optimistic hot take is that the Preds signed Carr to pair with Eeli in Milwaukee so he actually has someone with scoring talent to work with and improve either his skill or morale (or both). Based on the one-way contract, I'm not sure Carr ends up in Milwaukee though.

I agree. I think Carr is in Nashville. He may be worthless and moved down in which case he will be a great asset like you said, but I am interested/cautiously optimistic in this signing. His AHL numbers last year were pretty ridiculous honestly. Obviously he is way beyond prospect years, but development isn't always linear. There are a lot of factors to a player hitting when he gets his window, and if he misses then they are often never presented with another. Motivated guy who has been pushing for the 2nd window of opportunity and he was just handed a chance at likely a 4th or even 3rd line role. I liked when they did it with Rocco and I like this signing as well. It's supplementation for a weak prospect pool with a large gap in it.

Reactions: originalpredfan

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Yeah, I think he was a good signing. Certainly no risk and could turn out to be a nice little bottom-6'er.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad