In the System VIII (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I think we have multiple young guys that we haven't seen yet who deserve minutes on the bottom pair. I understand Weber and Hamhuis getting minutes, but I am so far beyond understanding why Irwin gets any time.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Wut? Dont we already have Westerholm and Ingram?

I checked on Westerholm. In 3 seasons he has played 29 regular season games in goal, mostly for SaiPa Lappeenranta. Based on one years' stats, he must have been the 4th goalie on the team, playing 7 games.

I looked into that team. In 40 years in the SM-liiga in Finland, they have never even played in a final series in a league with 10 to 15 teams going back to 1975. The 15 teams were just the last 4 seasons.

So he was the 4th string goalie on a team that has a poor track record. That is underwhelming!

Appleby has played 76 AHL games, including at least one in Milwaukee, and 3 NHL games for NJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Thanks for all the information on Westerholm... but after reading that I realize I meant to say Groesnick... do we still have Groesnick? Because we have to assume Ingram is going to get one of the Milwaukee spots

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Schedule is out. New teams! The first 3 games of the year are against teams the Admirals have never played. Home opener against the Laval Rocket and then a back to back against Colorado.

From January 10th - February 1st

vs Rockford
vs Rockford
@ Rockford
vs Chicago
@ Chicago
vs Belleville
vs Rockford
@ Rockford
@ Chicago
@ Rockford

They really need to stop shit like that.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
how's the preds top 10 prospect pool now? tomasino is a great pick and big fan of afanasyev as well.
those guys and fabbro-tolvanen are a nice group. what's after that? maybe mismash and pitlick?

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
how's the preds top 10 prospect pool now? tomasino is a great pick and big fan of afanasyev as well.
those guys and fabbro-tolvanen are a nice group. what's after that? maybe mismash and pitlick?

We recently talked about this a bunch in this thread- Who’s your favorite Top Prospect for Nashville? if you want to see what various people think.

My personal opinion would have Jeremy Davies and Connor Ingram with those guys as well.

Reactions: neelynugs

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Schedule is out. New teams! The first 3 games of the year are against teams the Admirals have never played. Home opener against the Laval Rocket and then a back to back against Colorado.

From January 10th - February 1st

vs Rockford
vs Rockford
@ Rockford
vs Chicago
@ Chicago
vs Belleville
vs Rockford
@ Rockford
@ Chicago
@ Rockford

They really need to stop **** like that.

In general, I would agree. However, that 3rd home game against Rockford has the makings of a hate fest.

"
Old time hockey, Eddie Shore". I can see 200 PIMS in that game.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Thanks for all the information on Westerholm... but after reading that I realize I meant to say Groesnick... do we still have Groesnick? Because we have to assume Ingram is going to get one of the Milwaukee spots

I had assumed that Grosenick would be the #1 goalie in Milwaukee this season, or he will battle it out with Ingram.

Looking into Appleby, he had a 3.92 GAA in 10 games with a 2-6 record and 88.4% saves for the Manitoba Moose last season. He was the third string goalie based upon the number of games played. The Moose finished 5th of 8 in the Admirals division and did not qualify for the playoffs.

On Saturday January 26th, 2019, Milwaukee scored EIGHT GOALS on Appleby. The most goals Milwaukee had scored since beating Texas 9-1 on December 17, 2016.

35Appleby, Ken859:433123000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

My, we are collecting the dregs of the North American net scene!

Last edited:

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
What is Milwaukee's roster going to look like? There seems to be a surplus of forwards currently signed. Where can you find a list of Ad's contracts?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
What is Milwaukee's roster going to look like? There seems to be a surplus of forwards currently signed. Where can you find a list of Ad's contracts?

The Ads usually only carry 2 or 3 players on their own. Usually, it is a 13th forward, a 7th Dman and a 3rd goalie. This year, I will guess 2 F and 1 D. You may have to wait until the Preds training camp breaks. I am sure that a few players will be going to the ECHL affiliate. It happens almost every year. Cap Friendly says that Nashville has 43 contracts.

Nashville Predators - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals had a get together at the UWM Panther Arena last night for their 50th season of hockey in Milwaukee. They have a new sponsor for the next 4 years, Landmark Credit Union. The rink will be named for them. The old rink at the Bradley Center was named for Jane Bradley Pettit, the previous Admirals owner who donated over $90 MM to build the Bradley Center.

I didn't count, but I would guess that there were about 2,000 people present. I recognized about ten STH. Several former players were introduced, including the Admirals first team captain from 1970 and Jarred Tinordi, the current captain. I also saw Fred Berry (#2 in goals scored) and Ken Sabourin (#1 in PIMs) as well as Nolan Yonkman.

The Admirals will wear some special jerseys during the season. One is red with a white refrigerator on the front as a crest. (I am not kidding, check the link below.) They will have an Alexander Hamilton bobblehead giveaway at one game. There is a short video and few photos that don't capture the crowd. There was a huge line for autographs that stretched from center ice past the bar at the south end of the arena, probably 250 or 300 feet long. The photographer did an amazingly bad job of documenting that fact.

Milwaukee Admirals kick off 50th season with summer party

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
He was a star of the get together. A little kid was sitting a few seats down from me. Blinky came over an waved to him from 4 or 5 feet away. He might have been Heather's kid. He really enjoyed it!

I’ll let you in on a little secret. He hates kids in real life. :laugh:

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I checked on Westerholm. In 3 seasons he has played 29 regular season games in goal, mostly for SaiPa Lappeenranta. Based on one years' stats, he must have been the 4th goalie on the team, playing 7 games.

I looked into that team. In 40 years in the SM-liiga in Finland, they have never even played in a final series in a league with 10 to 15 teams going back to 1975. The 15 teams were just the last 4 seasons.

So he was the 4th string goalie on a team that has a poor track record. That is underwhelming!

Appleby has played 76 AHL games, including at least one in Milwaukee, and 3 NHL games for NJ.
In FEL the top teams may have twice the player budget compared to the low end teams and SaiPa is at the low end in budget. That explains some of it. It's like pre cap era in NHL. Top teams can load up on high profile players, while the low end teams have to count on their youngsters to grow into big roles for a season or two before they move on to bigger circles.

The turnover rate in rosters is higher in FEL than it is in NHL so one offseason can really turn the tide too. Lots of 1-2 year contracts, especially for high profile players looking to spark their careers and cash in elsewhere. SaiPa lost their two best scorers, but got some strong replacements. Tomas Zaborsky and Teemu Ramstedt make for good linemates on paper. Ramstedt is a playmaking center who runs the PP. He's the Mike Ribeiro of FEL in terms of passing ability and controlling the offense. On the other hand, he also shares some similarities in those frustrating attempts to be too fine, to be honest. Zaborsky is a straight-forward goal scorer. Not the fanciest of them, but drives the net and makes quick decisions to put the puck to the net resulting in a lot of goals. Good candidates for a) most points and b) biggest points to +/- difference in regular season. When they're on the ice, SaiPa goalies likely face more high danger scoring opportunities.

I said it last year and ended up watching one single SaiPa game (Westerholm did not play of course :laugh:), but perhaps this year I catch a few more games since I like both of these two players and would like to get a better look at Westerholm.

Oh and the starter position is Westerholm's to lose this season. I'm not gonna say it's a make or break season for him, but I think he really needs to hold onto that starter position.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
anybody watched any of the World Junior Summer Showcase games? Tomasino playing for Canada and Stastney for USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad