In the System VIII (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads won at home 3-1 after scoring a goal in every period against Wild goalie Andrew Hammond. The Admirals scored 30 seconds into the game on a back door play and nearly scored 2 minutes later. They dominated the second period by playing in the Iowa end about 75% of the time. Both teams scored goals in period three.

I have been going to pro hockey games since 1964. I don't remember seeing a dirty goalie before tonight. In period three, Andrew Hammond intentionally knocked his net off the posts three times to prevent the Admirals from scoring. The third time, it definitely looked like Milwaukee was going to score and Hammond used his forearm to push the crossbar and dislodge the net. The refs finally called him for delay of game. When Chris the Goal Monkey came out after the third time the net was dislodged, he and Hammond had some words. Chris appeared to say that "there is nothing wrong with that net". He had drilled out the holes for the Marsh pegs literally one minute before when Hammond pushed the net off the second time. Hammond also interfered with Yalov Trenin behind the net. The topper was Hammond sticking his skate out and tripping Phil Di Giuseppe. The incompetent refs called Di Giuseppe for goaltender interference. When the replay was shown, the crowd became incensed. Andrew Hammond is now Public Enemy #1 in Milwaukee! That PP led to the only Iowa goal 53 minutes into the game.

After the game ended, the approximately 10 Wild players on the ice tried to start fights with the six Admirals players. Carson Soucy started the festivities by smacking the back of an Admiral with a 2 handed slash 2 or 3 seconds after the horn sounded. Gerald Mayhew and Luke Kunin both tried to start fights and both received misconducts along with Mike Liambis. Admiral Team Captain Jarred Tinordi finally had enough and tried to get at the Wild players. He and another Admiral received misconducts. The Wild players congregated near the Milwaukee blueline and refused to go to the own side of the red line. I hope that some of their players get suspended! This went on for around 2 minutes and reminded me of the movie Slap Shot. It was absolutely bush league by about half of the Iowa Wild team.

Westerholm did not dress for the game.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Twitter post by the Admirals is great. Is there somewhere to watch the end of game shenanigans?

Not much really happened, just posturing. Olivier and Liambas have talked about 5 times this series and neither seems to be willing to drop them.

BTW, Karl Taylor now has as many playoff wins as Dean Evason!

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Majority rules here. Admirals force a game 5. I want to see the first playoff game that truly means something in a long time here but the Admirals have not won a game I've been to this year. Do I stay home or do I go?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Majority rules here. Admirals force a game 5. I want to see the first playoff game that truly means something in a long time here but the Admirals have not won a game I've been to this year. Do I stay home or do I go?

Go. Your presence or absence has no bearing on the game. Unless you'll be more pissed off if you see them lose in person

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Looking forward to making Andrew Hammond's game a living hell! I will be 30 feet away from him for 2 periods.

Hammond was part of the Duchene deal, wasnt he? And didnt he play against(and beat) us in round 1 last year??

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Go. Your presence or absence has no bearing on the game. Unless you'll be more pissed off if you see them lose in person

Last time we won 5-4 in OT in a win or go home game against a Minnesota affiliate we got majorly f***ed in the deciding game. So maybe that factors in too because I was super pissed after that game.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The refs were poor in period 3. I was not happy with some of the non calls against Iowa. They seemed to call the Ads for every ticky tack thing especially in the minute or two after an Ads score. A few rounds of "refs you suck" seemed to help.

It was a very roller coaster emotional grinding game. I am exhausted from watching it.

It was Fred Allard with a slap shot off of an O-zone draw in the 73rd minute. He was the #1 star.

Anthony Richard with 2 goals, 1 unassisted and shorthanded, was the #2 star. He is really catching fire in the last two games!

Phil Di Guiseppe had 2 goals to be the #3 star.

Yakov Trenin was a force tonight. Hard checks, a roughing penalty, puck possession, fore checking and passing. He gets my vote for the 5th star with Troy Grosenick being the fourth star of the game. It was a team effort!

Hammond was booed every time he skated out of the crease to his right by the old section 204 gang.
I gave an assist from behind him and around the corner. In period 1 I enjoyed yelling out "two pings and a red light so far, Hammond" about half way through. It was relatively quiet so I know that he heard me.

Game 5 is Monday night at 7 PM. The arena has the roller girls and a Wave playoff game on Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Hammond was part of the Duchene deal, wasnt he? And didnt he play against(and beat) us in round 1 last year??

The season before this one he played with the Belleville Senators. I don't recall playing them at all in '17-'18.

It was the Grand Rapids Griffins, the Detroit affiliate, that wiped out the Ads two years in a row. Thursday night's playoff victory was the first one in 13 tries for the Admirals. Dean Evason was a terrible playoff coach. He never came up with any new wrinkles for the team or any solutions to stop the opponent. Taylor is a better coach, even in his first year without a huge amount of talent on the team.

I think that you are thinking of Tom McCollum, the Ads back up goalie. He was with Grand Rapids in '17-'18.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Yakov Trenin coached by Karl Taylor or Yakov Trenin "coached" by Dean Evason?

Under Evason, Trenin looked like a push rod hockey player. Just straight up and down the ice. Now he goes all over the place chasing the puck. He is twice the player under Taylor that he was under Evason.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The season before this one he played with the Belleville Senators. I don't recall playing them at all in '17-'18.

It was the Grand Rapids Griffins, the Detroit affiliate, that wiped out the Ads two years in a row. Thursday night's playoff victory was the first one in 13 tries for the Admirals. Dean Evason was a terrible playoff coach. He never came up with any new wrinkles for the team or any solutions to stop the opponent. Taylor is a better coach, even in his first year without a huge amount of talent on the team.

I think that you are thinking of Tom McCollum, the Ads back up goalie. He was with Grand Rapids in '17-'18.

Unless there are 2 Andrew Hammonds who are goalies, this is the "Hamburglar" who played 2 games for the Avs in the playoffs last year and went 1-1 against us.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Unless there are 2 Andrew Hammonds who are goalies, this is the "Hamburglar" who played 2 games for the Avs in the playoffs last year and went 1-1 against us.

Yes, they are one and the same. Aaron Sims once referred to him as the Hamburglar for Ottawa in 2014-15. I thought that you were making reference to the Admirals.

According to hockeydb.com, he played 1 game in the '17-'18 regular season for the Avs with zero wins and 1 loss and 2 goals allowed, which is probably why he is in the AHL. I didn't find anything on his playoff record.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yes, they are one and the same. Aaron Sims once referred to him as the Hamburglar for Ottawa in 2014-15. I thought that you were making reference to the Admirals.

According to hockeydb.com, he played 1 game in the '17-'18 regular season for the Avs with zero wins and 1 loss and 2 goals allowed, which is probably why he is in the AHL. I didn't find anything on his playoff record.

A different website had his playoff record. 3 GP, 2 GS record 1-1. This was against us last year

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Any reason why Tolvanen's playing 4th line over guys like Olivier or Jeannot?

Jeannot is 6'2" and 216 lbs versus Tolvanen is 5'10" and 190 lbs and Olivier is 6'1" and 215 lbs. All three are AHL rookies. Olivier can and will fight, although I believe that he has none in the 4 playoffs games against Iowa. Tolvanen gives more scoring punch to his line. Olivier gives more punching power to his line. Jeannot is a bigger body that can scrap along the boards. Tolvanen is more about speed and finesse, but he will throw checks. Iowa has a big, physical team.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Koltygin's Voltigeurs eliminated by Mooseheads in 6 games who move onto the QMJHL finals. He had 3 goals and 2 assists in the series and all in all he had 7 goals and 7 assists in 16 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad