In the System VIII (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Down 4-1 in the 3rd. I will never understand why this ****ing team chose to go with a 2-3 format instead of a 2-2-1. Instead of getting them at home to start and making them travel here, we travel there a day or two before the first game and now have all of the pressure on us coming home while they have no until/if it gets to a game 5. Just ****ing stupid.
sounds like milwaukee and nashville have a lot in common in regards to stupidity.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Down 4-1 in the 3rd. I will never understand why this ****ing team chose to go with a 2-3 format instead of a 2-2-1. Instead of getting them at home to start and making them travel here, we travel there a day or two before the first game and now have all of the pressure on us coming home while they have no until/if it gets to a game 5. Just ****ing stupid.

I believe that Troy Grosenick was hurt at the end of the regular season and by going on the road, they delayed playing Game 1 by a week.

I assume that management believed that a split at Iowa would ensure success in the series. Who would expect Troy to be .824 % SA?

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Down 4-1 in the 3rd. I will never understand why this ****ing team chose to go with a 2-3 format instead of a 2-2-1.

Because they didn't have the choice. It was a league rule that if the teams are more than X miles away, the playoff format is 2-3 rather than 2-2-1 for travel. The only option that the Admirals had was to take the first 2 games at home or have the final 3 games at home.

The only other option the team had was to let Rockford win the final game of the season and face the Wolves. Admittedly, I wasn't aware of how the Ads fared against Iowa this season, even when playing well, but seeing how Grand Rapids is up 2-1 on the Wolves, the Ads may have been better off as the 4 seed.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Because they didn't have the choice. It was a league rule that if the teams are more than X miles away, the playoff format is 2-3 rather than 2-2-1 for travel. The only option that the Admirals had was to take the first 2 games at home or have the final 3 games at home.

The only other option the team had was to let Rockford win the final game of the season and face the Wolves. Admittedly, I wasn't aware of how the Ads fared against Iowa this season, even when playing well, but seeing how Grand Rapids is up 2-1 on the Wolves, the Ads may have been better off as the 4 seed.

Always thought the team with home ice got to decide. Just looked it up and you're right. Shockingly, another awful rule put in place by the AHL and Dave Andrews is still the biggest pussy in sports. It pisses me off that Cleveland and Syracuse can do a 2-2-1 being 335 miles apart but Milwaukee and Des Moines can't being less than 40 miles further apart than Cleveland and Syracuse.

Now we get to go back home down 0-2 with all of the pressure on us and none on the Wild all because the AHL thinks it's too far to travel. f***ing assholes. What's the point of even working for home ice advantage if you never even get a chance to use it?

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
I'm not sure if I dislike the 3-2 format or the fact its a 5 game series more. Either way, we haven't won a series since the first round decreased from 7. (Which, even in 2010, Texas won 2 of the first 3 games and likely would have changed their approach only needing to win 1 game rather than 2.)

That being said... why no Pitlick? I can see Fabbro being "good enough" to not risk injury or already being NHL quality, but I feel like I'm missing something with Pitlick. Unless he got his 1 game in NSH then went back to finish his semester of schooling?

edit: Just going to leave this great screengrab from the 1st Wild goal. Could cover all 5 Admirals with a blanket. I'm not sure why Olivier is playing over Ross.

i-6M5WXqn.png

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Pitlick should be down and frankly so should Fabbro. They both need experience but maybe they need to wait so many days before they are allowed to ( official end of NHL 1st round maybe ? ).

Reactions: Legionnaire11

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Fabbro is maybe 1 year away from full time Top 4 role in my estimation. Could be as soon as halfway through next season.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I'm not sure if I dislike the 3-2 format or the fact its a 5 game series more. Either way, we haven't won a series since the first round decreased from 7. (Which, even in 2010, Texas won 2 of the first 3 games and likely would have changed their approach only needing to win 1 game rather than 2.)

That being said... why no Pitlick? I can see Fabbro being "good enough" to not risk injury or already being NHL quality, but I feel like I'm missing something with Pitlick. Unless he got his 1 game in NSH then went back to finish his semester of schooling?

edit: Just going to leave this great screengrab from the 1st Wild goal. Could cover all 5 Admirals with a blanket. I'm not sure why Olivier is playing over Ross.

i-6M5WXqn.png

You paid for the playoffs? Poor bastard.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
So Nashville is throwing Milwaukee an anchor?

No Grimaldi? Nobody from the Preds?

Thanks for nothing, Poile and Nichol!

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
So Nashville is throwing Milwaukee an anchor?

No Grimaldi? Nobody from the Preds?

Thanks for nothing, Poile and Nichol!

Grimaldi isnt waiver exempt(and apparently was playing hurt)

Fabbro doesnt need the experience (hes proved hes NHL ready) and no point in risking injury.

Pitlick is the one I dont understand, but as AK said, that might have been part of the deal to get him to sign early from college

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Grimaldi isnt waiver exempt(and apparently was playing hurt)

Plus he would have needed to be waived back in March on the day that all players needed to be assigned to the AHL team to play in the AHL playoffs. Same reason Brandon Pirri won't be back for the Wolves, despite playing 29 games with them this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad