In the System VIII (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads win 3-1 at home versus San Antonio. The Ads have 79 points with 6 wins in a row and should be tied for 4th place with the Manitoba Moose. Iowa is now 2 points ahead of them in third place and winless in their last 7 games. Milwaukee hit the post 4 times in period 1 and once in the third period. That is the most in any period or game that I can remember for the Admirals.

The next 2 games are in Milwaukee against Chicago and Iowa respectively. They could be playing for third place in the division on Saturday.

Edit: Milwaukee's Magic number should be 11.

Last edited:

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
We must have plenty of contract spots or are gonna clear the decks

CapFriendly currently has us at 48/50 contracts.

Wonder what this means for Paquette, Koltygin and Vejmelka? We hold their rights until June 1st and if we don't offer them a contract we lose those rights. Out of the three I'd like to at least sign Paquette.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
CapFriendly currently has us at 48/50 contracts.

Wonder what this means for Paquette, Koltygin and Vejmelka? We hold their rights until June 1st and if we don't offer them a contract we lose those rights. Out of the three I'd like to at least sign Paquette.

I think the way this works a lot of times is we can offer contracts that begin on July 1 thus any that we had that expire June 30 that we dont want to keep will fall off the books and make more spots.

Reactions: King Weber

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Admirals extend their winning streak to 7 and man oh man is this going to be some kind of finish.

3. Iowa - 81 points, 72 GP, 30 ROW
4. Milwaukee - 81 points, 72 GP, 29 ROW
5 Manitoba - 79 points, 71 GP, 34 ROW
6. Texas - 79 points, 72 GP, 35 ROW

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Admirals extend their winning streak to 7 and man oh man is this going to be some kind of finish.

3. Iowa - 81 points, 72 GP, 30 ROW
4. Milwaukee - 81 points, 72 GP, 29 ROW
5 Manitoba - 79 points, 71 GP, 34 ROW
6. Texas - 79 points, 72 GP, 35 ROW

How many of those make the playoffs?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
How many of those make the playoffs?

There are 4 playoff spots per division, so 2 of those teams are going golfing on April 15.

The Ads gutted out a 4-3 over division leading Chicago.

Fred Allard was hit from behind by McKenzie and there was no call. He didn't get up for a minute and he didn't come back. Tinordi went after McKenzie and got a 2, 5 and 10 so Milwaukee played the last 14:30 with 4 Dmen. McKenzie went down like a sack of potatoes and Tinordi didn't want to hit him when he was laying on the ice. Looking back, I wish Tinordi did clock him a time or two for what he did to Allard.

I hope that we play Chicago in the first round. The Ads want some payback for the last 2 games the Wolves played in Chicago.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Rinaldo showed some speed during the game. He killed at least one penalty. I was expecting a total goon, so I am kind of surprised when I saw him cut the puck off in the neutral zone a few times.

I was referring to the kid the Preds signed from BG. I forgot about Rinaldo. Tinordi, Rinaldo, Cragg. You might have a reenactment of the scene in Slap Shot.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I was referring to the kid the Preds signed from BG. I forgot about Rinaldo. Tinordi, Rinaldo, Cragg. You might have a reenactment of the scene in Slap Shot.

I hope he turns out like Gino Cavallini did. He was also from BGSU. He led the Admirals in goals for 3 consecutive seasons with 43, 53 and 43.

The Admirals had a new player on their roster, Zach Osburn, a Dman. He didn't play.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Rinaldo showed some speed during the game. He killed at least one penalty. I was expecting a total goon, so I am kind of surprised when I saw him cut the puck off in the neutral zone a few times.

Rinaldo was not the player I thought we were going to get when he arrived in Nashville. He was physical without going over the line. He didn't take a lot of penalties. I honestly thought he and Grimaldi showed a lot of chemistry while they played together. Their skill sets complimented each other and their speed was an asset. Very small sample size but I liked what I saw.

Reactions: LCPreds

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Tonight is the show down with Iowa for third place. Both teams have a Magic number of 8.

Milwaukee is 8-0-1-1, Iowa is 0-6-1-0 and second place Grand Rapids is 0-5-0-0 with a magic number of 3.

It is possible that Milwaukee can finish third and then play the flailing Griffins in the first round of the playoffs.

Milwaukee plays at home against Iowa tonight, versus Rockford on Tuesday, versus Grand Rapids on Saturday, then plays their last game on the road at Rockford on Sunday the 14th.

With last night's win over Chicago, Milwaukee has won 5 and lost 7 versus the Wolves. They have won more on the road than at home against Chicago, which could help them in a playoff series.

I can't believe how this is setting up for the Admirals. A month ago, I thought that they were going golfing on April 15th.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I saw that it was on Channel 24. I ran across the listing by accident. Have all of the TV broadcasts been on that station?

Yeah. They have a new station manager who wants more sports so hopefully more games next year and additional teams like the Wave can get games on there too.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Admirals first 5 games against Iowa - 4 goals

Admirals tonight against Iowa - 5 goals

A 5-1 win puts the Admirals in sole possession of 3rd place.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I just noticed the Ads have 4 games left.

Why is the AHL season longer than the NHL’s? Some years the Calder cup occurs after the Stanley Cup finals.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads beat Iowa 5-1 and now have sole possession of third place in their division. The Magic number will be 6 or less.

They have scored 9 goals in their last 2 games. It is a great time for the offense to catch fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad