Prospect Info: In the System IX (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I don’t know why you insist on him NOT being a center as he’s played center most of his junior hockey and now in the AHL..

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don’t know why you insist on him NOT being a center as he’s played center most of his junior hockey and now in the AHL..
It's all posted above. Nice to see him switched back to center this month in the AHL. Hope he keeps it up and we can find a way to get rid of Duchene, for sure!
:handclap:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Just saw Josh Healey's name on the waiver wire. This must mean the Preds have actually finally signed him to a contract. Nice!
:handclap:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Somewhere in this thread I think adsfan and the Milwaukee folks have mentioned him a few times. He played with the Ads last year and now the Wolves this year, just on AHL-only contracts though.

They seem to like him as a hard-hitting physical guy. But I mean, he's tuning 27 and a minor league journeyman, so not exactly a prospect. Just in our current dire straits, maybe they figured they could reward him with a little look? And keep him in the plans for Milwaukee for next season anyway.

Reactions: PredsV82

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Somewhere in this thread I think adsfan and the Milwaukee folks have mentioned him a few times. He played with the Ads last year and now the Wolves this year, just on AHL-only contracts though.

They seem to like him as a hard-hitting physical guy. But I mean, he's tuning 27 and a minor league journeyman, so not exactly a prospect. Just in our current dire straits, maybe they figured they could reward him with a little look? And keep him in the plans for Milwaukee for next season anyway.

Heals played 4 years at Ohio State and two years at Stockton. He turns 27 in July and is 6'1" and 200 pounds.

He is a hard hitting stay at home defenseman. He Kronwalls people in the neutral zone. He was the 7th Dman.

Don't expect him to score 10 goals in the NHL, unless you mean during his entire career.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Duplicate post.

Last edited:

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Was looking back at our recent drafts after the Del Gaizo signing and I know it's way too early and everyone could fail to pan out but that 2019 draft is looking really good at the moment. A lot of later round picks who look like they have legit shots to make the NHL and Tomasino progressing very nicely as possible high end talent.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Was looking back at our recent drafts after the Del Gaizo signing and I know it's way too early and everyone could fail to pan out but that 2019 draft is looking really good at the moment. A lot of later round picks who look like they have legit shots to make the NHL and Tomasino progressing very nicely as possible high end talent.

Tomasino - Top 5 in AHL rookie scoring at age 19. Has played well at every level so far
Afanasyev - played quite well in Russia and had a good WJC-20.
Campbell - 4G 17A in 22 games at Clarkson Univ
Chistyakov - a small LHD but doesn't play like it. Solid defensively and can move the puck.
Haider - 2.00 GAA 0.921 sv% in 16 games at Clarkson Univ
Walther - 8G 9A 17P in 18 Games in the J20 Nationell league
Parssinen - 8G 34A 42P in 55 Games in the Liiga.

Every single one of them has performed good to great in their respective leagues. Lots of possibility there. Parssinen has impressed me the most outside of Tomasino but that might have to do with the expectations I had with him due to his draft position. Tomasino I expect to get a real legit shot at NHL time next season. Campbell and Haider will continue to marinate in the NCAA. Afanasyev and Chistyakov will probably spend another year in the KHL. Parssinen I'd like to get over to the AHL but the Liiga is still good for his development.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So the season ends for the Wolves. I think relative to our alarm over the sharing situation heading in, things worked out really well for most of our guys. The team of course finished first in their division, but after we pillaged so many players during our injury woes, they weren't quite as dominant near the end as at the beginning, so won't finish with the best record in the entire AHL, alas. But still overall very good.

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

The top half of that player list shows our guys did pretty well:
adwolves1.png

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Things didn't go so well on the goalie front. It seemed like they basically shut down Ingram near the end after his comeback. So I guess on that side of things, we can expect Ingram to start in Milwaukee next year and try to put things back together there first.

adwolves2.png

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Of all the players in Chicago, I guess I was a little surprised that Patrick Harper didn't seem to find his bearings in the AHL. He had just 2 assists in 15 games. He ripped it up in the stint with Florida in the ECHL before the AHL got going, and I thought he looked pretty slick at times in our pre-season scrimmage games. But for whatever reason he didn't seem to find his way with the Wolves.

I wonder why some of our guys like him and Craggs didn't end up going back down to Florida? They got in a 60-game season in the ECHL and Florida is in 1st in their division too, fwiw.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
We need to see Anthony Richard for a longer look. He's basically become the Carrier of forwards. He keeps getting passed up as others are moved into the organization around him, yet he keeps steadily improving and a putting up points. He can PK and is a fast skating transition/counter type guy. I wonder where the organization views him.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
We need to see Anthony Richard for a longer look. He's basically become the Carrier of forwards. He keeps getting passed up as others are moved into the organization around him, yet he keeps steadily improving and a putting up points. He can PK and is a fast skating transition/counter type guy. I wonder where the organization views him.

Tommy Novak looks like an interesting case who could use a shot too. As far as Richard goes I haven't watched him play but stat looking it seems like he's actually regressed some the last two seasons. Is it just him focusing more on other aspects of his game that has caused his dip in production?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Tommy Novak looks like an interesting case who could use a shot too. As far as Richard goes I haven't watched him play but stat looking it seems like he's actually regressed some the last two seasons. Is it just him focusing more on other aspects of his game that has caused his dip in production?

He was banged up last year, but this year he got back to his scoring pace and rounded out his game all at the same time. I think he could be a 3rd liner/rotational forward type instead of resigning a Grimaldi type guy. He's not big but he is physical and has a little edge to his game.

I agree on Novak. I'll be honest, Carrier's success has given me pause and reason to rethink some of these guys that have been floating around putting up consistent numbers in the AHL for a while. We literally were on the verge of labeling this guy a career AHL'er/7th rotational d-man and he's now playing heavy minutes in the playoffs as our top pairing.

Reactions: Predsanddead24

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Josh Wilkins who has been under the radar this year, as he got moved around a bunch at the beginning of the year, as the Preds had to find homes for some of their AHL players - spent the year with the Tucson Road Runners and actually has played pretty well.

Josh Wilkins - C - Tucson -
  • On loan with Tucson this season, which has two scheduled games remaining... Posted five points (3g-2a) in 24 games for the Roadrunners... Picked up three of his points (2g-1a) in a four-game span from April 18-May 1... Recorded his first multi-point game of the season on May 1 at San Diego (2g)... Began the season with Florida (ECHL) and had one assist and a +2 rating in five games.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Things I wonder... if Anthony Richard is going to make our team as a bottom-6 player... how has his size evolved? I assume he's not 5'10"/163 anymore, but again, I think the modern NHL is making an argument against smaller players again, particularly in "checking roles". :dunno:

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Things I wonder... if Anthony Richard is going to make our team as a bottom-6 player... how has his size evolved? I assume he's not 5'10"/163 anymore, but again, I think the modern NHL is making an argument against smaller players again, particularly in "checking roles". :dunno:

I would bet he is 5'10" and closer to 200lbs at this point. He has filled out well.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

I would bet he is 5'10" and closer to 200lbs at this point. He has filled out well.

The Chicago Wolves roster has him listed at 186 which sounds pretty serviceable at 5'10

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Browsing the Wolves site, I noticed Evangelista got into 14 games with them and picked up 4 assists. While he hasn't had much hype around here since the draft, I feel like that's progress and a good learning experience. Without watching, I'm certain he had a very limited role, so to have any stats at all feels like a win for me. Give him a couple of years to fill out and feel out the pro game and I like his chances to be a solid middle-6 forward here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad