Prospect Info: In the System IX (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The Chicago Wolves roster has him listed at 186 which sounds pretty serviceable at 5'10
Sounds suitable. I haven't paid attention to him and don't remember if I noticed him in the pre-season scrimmage, but a lot of our players seem to have developed well the last couple AHL seasons, so by all means let's see what everybody has come training camp. A full-length, normal training camp! :handclap:

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Browsing the Wolves site, I noticed Evangelista got into 14 games with them and picked up 4 assists. While he hasn't had much hype around here since the draft, I feel like that's progress and a good learning experience. Without watching, I'm certain he had a very limited role, so to have any stats at all feels like a win for me. Give him a couple of years to fill out and feel out the pro game and I like his chances to be a solid middle-6 forward here.

Agreed. That is a huge opportunity while also being a significant challenge for him to step into this year. He had gone almost a year without playing then moved into the AHL in his draft year. His head must have been spinning, but if he can learn some of this stuff early in his development then it bodes well for him.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Went to the Orlando Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades ECHL game last Saturday.

Devin Cooley played on Friday night making 41 saves on 43 shots in a 3-2 OT victory. He backed up on Saturday, so about the only action I saw from him was skating in his Admirals colored pads from the bench to the locker room.

Arvin Atwal did not play, but Joe Pendenza was out there battling - still with a very smooth stride - and had a goal and an assist in the first period.

With the increased roster sizes at the NHL and AHL levels I didn’t expect to see any prospects, but it was a good game, and if you ever get the chance to see a game in Orlando - the arena is very nice, the crowd is into the game, and much like in Nashville they have cheers and chants throughout and a dance that even the ushers do after every goal and win.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

Devin Cooley played on Friday night making 41 saves on 43 shots in a 3-2 OT victory. He backed up on Saturday, so about the only action I saw from him was skating in his Admirals colored pads from the bench to the locker room.

Arvin Atwal did not play, but Joe Pendenza was out there battling - still with a very smooth stride - and had a goal and an assist in the first period.

With the increased roster sizes at the NHL and AHL levels I didn’t expect to see any prospects, but it was a good game, and if you ever get the chance to see a game in Orlando - the arena is very nice, the crowd is into the game, and much like in Nashville they have cheers and chants throughout and a dance that even the ushers do after every goal and win.

Been a long time since I remember reading your posts around here. Glad you dropped in and hope you'll stay for a while.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

Minor league hockey is such a great experience. My sister and I used to frequent Memphis Riverkings games back in 02-04ish, when they won't back-to-back titles. Then in 2018 resolved to travel together around the region to more minor league games, made it to Birmingham's return game and a Huntsville Havoc game but the pandemic put that on hold. Hoping to hit up Pensacola and Evansville next season.

jlsg

Nov 8, 2006
You guys see that Prokop announced he's gay? I could care less about what people do off the ice, just thought it was interesting that he felt comfortable doing it.

Predators prospect Prokop announces he is gay

I say congrats to the kid. This is an unbelievably brave thing for him to do. I thought Poile's response was spot on too, this is a big deal. I'm glad that the organization has taken such a public stand to support him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't really see it as a big deal :dunno:

I mean for him individually it may be, maybe for the guys he plays with it might be, but for your average person they don't really care.

I mean if you said to me you were gay I'd be like, well ok. What do you think about that trade? :jump:

Reactions: bdub24

jlsg

Nov 8, 2006
I don't really see it as a big deal :dunno:

I mean for him individually it may be, maybe for the guys he plays with it might be, but for your average person they don't really care.

I mean if you said to me you were gay I'd be like, well ok. What do you think about that trade? :jump:

It's a big deal because he's the first NHL contracted player to do that. You're right in that some day that's the attitude everyone should have but to be the first, that's the big deal. Hopefully others will follow.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It's a big deal because he's the first NHL contracted player to do that. You're right in that some day that's the attitude everyone should have but to be the first, that's the big deal. Hopefully others will follow.
I just don't think most fans will give a flying rip. The main reaction will be an eye roll tbh.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I just don't think most fans will give a flying rip. The main reaction will be an eye roll tbh.

We'll see. If he were in a different org maybe but I can definitely see this mattering in Tennessee more than it would if he played for LA or ANA.

Granted right now he is just in the org and not actually on the Predators so the main club location is kind of irrelevant at the moment.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We'll see. If he were in a different org maybe but I can definitely see this mattering in Tennessee more than it would if he played for LA or ANA.

Granted right now he is just in the org and not actually on the Predators so the main club location is kind of irrelevant at the moment.
Look I was raised very conservative, the " N " word was thrown around my house like it was nothing. I grew up in a church where we were taught gays would burn in hell and now even my parents don't care if someone is gay or not.

Tennessee has changed pretty dramatically in the last 20 years, especially Nashville.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Look I was raised very conservative, the " N " word was thrown around my house like it was nothing. I grew up in a church where we were taught gays would burn in hell and now even my parents don't care if someone is gay or not.

Tennessee has changed pretty dramatically in the last 20 years, especially Nashville.

I grew up in East TN so fully understand where you're coming from. A dramatic change does not mean an eradication. Is it better? Absolutely. Is it likely that TN is much less accepting on the whole vs. a place like CA? Absolutely.

In the end hopefully this is irrelevant. He makes the main squad and never has any issues due to this whatsoever.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I grew up in East TN so fully understand where you're coming from. A dramatic change does not mean an eradication. Is it better? Absolutely. Is it likely that TN is much less accepting on the whole vs. a place like CA? Absolutely.

In the end hopefully this is irrelevant. He makes the main squad and never has any issues due to this whatsoever.
He will be fine. Whether he makes it here or not will have nothing to do with him being gay.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
He will be fine. Whether he makes it here or not will have nothing to do with him being gay.

Not sure what it is about my post that made you think I was concerned about this hindering his chance to make the team or not.

Moving on...

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
You guys see that Prokop announced he's gay? I could care less about what people do off the ice, just thought it was interesting that he felt comfortable doing it.

Predators prospect Prokop announces he is gay

Yes, I did.

I am more interested in his stats, like goals and assists.

If he can light the red light, he can be team captain for all that I care!

Edit: I looked up his stats. He seems to be a stay at home Dman.

I will still take him if he is a good defender at 6'5" and 220 pounds.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Yes, I did.

I am more interested in his stats, like goals and assists.

If he can light the red light, he can be team captain for all that I care!

Edit: I looked up his stats. He seems to be a stay at home Dman.

I will still take him if he is a good defender at 6'5" and 220 pounds.

What if he's inspired a young kid, who's gay, to keep playing because of what he did today? I get it that we want to see all our guys succeed on the ice and for the team to do well, at the same time, there is bigger picture stuff going on here and this is a huge step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad