Speculation: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Oh man I need to stop going to the trade boards. Avs fans are being criticized for wanting too much for ej. How dare we think our only 1/2 guy is worth more than two prospects and a first rounder.

When the main board guys see a rumor they jump on it like the team is in firesale mode. We can't all be cgy.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Agreed there. It's sad that Sacco's favorite players happen to be the worst we have.

I say screw it, F up this team so bad that fans eventually give up and the team is eventually sold to Gary Indiana or someplace like that.

There is a part of me that really thinks he could get another Avs contract after next year

R S

Sep 18, 2006
People are absolutely out of their mind if they think the Avs are going to get Wayne Simmons from the Flyers in an EJ deal, let alone Simmonds PLUS a guy like Coburn and a prospect.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Oh man I need to stop going to the trade boards. Avs fans are being criticized for wanting too much for ej. How dare we think our only 1/2 guy is worth more than two prospects and a first rounder.

When the main board guys see a rumor they jump on it like the team is in firesale mode. We can't all be cgy.

It is really best to avoid that board around the trade deadline, draft, and first few days of free agency. Too many 14 year olds spouting off.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The more I think about it the more I like the idea of a deal based on Stastny for Gardiner with each side adding something to level out the value.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 2m
The Canucks have acquired C Derek Roy from Dallas for a second-round pick.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 4m
#Canucks trade for #Stars Roy for 2nd pick and prospect.

Good trade for Vancouver.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Wouldn't be shocked to see us take a stab at Foster off waivers. With O'Byrne being a UFA, he would be an ok guy to have as a depth option on our right side. He can also kill penalties and play 2nd PP.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 2m
The Canucks have acquired C Derek Roy from Dallas for a second-round pick.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 4m
#Canucks trade for #Stars Roy for 2nd pick and prospect.

Good trade for Vancouver.

As if the Canucks needed more divers. They get the biggest one in the league. :shakehead

Hope they get bounced early so I don't have to watch them for long.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The more these trades happen early, the more teams that can get in on deals with the Avs. At this rate almost all the top rentals will be gone before tomorrow.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I'd do EJ for McDonough but a lot of the main posters would destroy the proposal.

Rangers never would. He would also face a lot of the same criticism here by not being a big time point producer. Not to mention he'd probably see his ice time slashed down to 21 minutes a game, which would put him right around the effectiveness of Johnson.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The only deal I can see the Avs making today/tomorrow is trading for McBain. I could see Elliott or Gaunce going back the other way.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Only a second for Roy??? Damn.

Add Connauton to that too. Connauton is a pretty solid prospect. Should be an offensive minded #4 or 5 in the future, and could probably play in the NHL full time next season. Still the Stars got the shaft in the deal.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
The more and more trades I see happening, the less and less I want us to trade guys like Hejda and Johnson. Don't like the value of the market right now.

But, if we can get ANYTHING for guys like O'Byrne, O'Brien, Hunwick, Kobasew...we have to do it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The more and more trades I see happening, the less and less I want us to trade guys like Hejda and Johnson. Don't like the value of the market right now.

But, if we can get ANYTHING for guys like O'Byrne, O'Brien, Hunwick, Kobasew...we have to do it.

Completely agree. Sell off as much crap as we can for what we can get.

AvsFanRCN

Dec 21, 2011
Victoria, BC, Canada

agreed, a lot of the guys on here want to keep kobasew (which really wouldn't be bad) but i think if he gets traded it'll finally make room for malone to stay up, i like the kid, be nice to keep him in the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad