Speculation: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
From the previous thread:

Alex Jones said:
I'd go for Frolik, I like his game and puck possession skills a lot. Not sure if his offense will ever really turn around, but I think he's worth a shot. He's not getting much of a shot in Chicago.

That's what I was thinking. What he lacks in finish he makes up for in puck protection and two-way play. Definitely not a guy who can generate his own offense, but probably capable of better numbers in the right setting. Also capable of playing all three forward positions. I'm hoping the Hawks re-sign Stalberg and try to dump Frolik--he seems extraneous with guys like Saad and Shaw vying for bigger and bigger roles.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
Sign Jagr, would be pretty interesting to see the dynamic he could bring,

He still has game! He can't be worse than David Jones and Hejduk (this season)

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
From the previous thread:

That's what I was thinking. What he lacks in finish he makes up for in puck protection and two-way play. Definitely not a guy who can generate his own offense, but probably capable of better numbers in the right setting. Also capable of playing all three forward positions. I'm hoping the Hawks re-sign Stalberg and try to dump Frolik--he seems extraneous with guys like Saad and Shaw vying for bigger and bigger roles.

Why on earth would Chicago mess with their lineup?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
kemisti said:
I don't think it was a knee on knee hit.

edit.

That's a knee on knee, I'm not sure what you mean. He comes in with a very wide stance, unnecessarily sticks his hip out at the last second to hit him, and the back/side of his knee hits Versteeg in the knee. Stupid hit.

He should have kept his legs closer together, and if he wants to go for the puck and play the body at the same time, he needs to use his shoulder not go low in that position risking exactly the type of injury Versteeg got.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3h

College free agent Andrej Sustr has signed a two year entry level deal with Tampa Bay.

Probably a good chance to grab a spot in the NHL soon with a lot of older defenders (and Öhlund retiring).

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I know it's poor form to call out someone, but when people claim to be Avs fans and then go over to other boards, they represent us as a whole. And posting stuff like this is just plain stupid.

Paul Stastny for Mark Scheifele?

So while a discussion is going on in the trades forum where we're being offered Burmi, Postma and a 2nd, a better return than just Scheifele I dare say, someone posts this and then Jets fans get the impression Staz isn't that great and results in stuff like this.

I don't think it's even close for the reasons you mentioned. 3 years of ELC, plus 7 years of team control for a guy with 1.5 years left on his deal that is currently being overpaid on?

I wouldn't mind Stastny here, but Scheifele wouldn't even be considered in a trade for him IMO.

Hainsey for Siemens?

Seriously guys, bring it up on our forum. You'll get honest opinions from those of us that watch other teams and you'll also save yourself and the rest of us the embarrassment.

If you venture elsewhere and bring up a legitimate trade and get torn to pieces, no one is going to support you on another team's home turf.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Just did a look around some forums to read the Staz chatter. I'm surprised, but despite terribad proposals on the trades forum from Hawks fans, their posters recognized we have no need to move him for less than fair or more value. Blues fans were 50/50, some very against him and vocal about him not being their solution, others very interested...

Jets fans knew little about him, not surprising given their limited exposure. Leafs fans still maintain their silly thoughts that MacArthur and Gunnarson is more than enough... one person was even trying to convince people Stastny has only ever had one good season.

I wish we canned Sacco yesterday just so we could start saying 'I told you so' when he lit the lamp under a new system and with the right linemates.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I am quite excited for the deadline. :nod: I expect the avs to do something stupid however..

I think it's gonna be a snoozer to be honest. Cap going down, too many teams think they still got a chance. No one is likely going anywhere.

So long as the Avs cast off some of the dead weight on the roster, I'll be happy. I have a feeling they won't though.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think it's gonna be a snoozer to be honest. Cap going down, too many teams think they still got a chance. No one is likely going anywhere.

So long as the Avs cast off some of the dead weight on the roster, I'll be happy. I have a feeling they won't though.

We need to lose a contract on defense. We are painted in a corner at the moment.

I'd give away Zanon for free at this point. O'Byrne/O'Brien/Hunwick probably can fetch a 3rd rounder. They're not that bad for a contending team and the contracts aren't terrible.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I don't know, it could be. I have a feeling Sherman has his eyes on making one of those deals that helps the team now, and potentially can be part of the future. One of those trades for a guy in his mid to late 20's that can help the team now and potentially in the future. He's done it every year he's been GM at or around the trade deadline. Mueller in 09-10. EJ in 10-11. And Downie and McGinn in 11-12.

Or maybe they just decide to go into sell mode, and make that kind of trade at the draft, or in the offseason.

Something will happen though, I'm pretty confident of that. I could be wrong, but I think they know EJ needs a real D partner, and they need more offense from the backline.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We need to lose a contract on defense. We are painted in a corner at the moment.

I'd give away Zanon for free at this point. O'Byrne/O'Brien/Hunwick probably can fetch a 3rd rounder. They're not that bad for a contending team and the contracts aren't terrible.

Honestly if they wanted to get rid of someone they would have by now. I think they're going to just stick with these pylons on D until the end of the season.

Sad, but I almost fully expect Matt Hunwick and Greg Zanon to be back next season. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but I won't be surprised if they are.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Honestly if they wanted to get rid of someone they would have by now. I think they're going to just stick with these pylons on D until the end of the season.

Sad, but I almost fully expect Matt Hunwick and Greg Zanon to be back next season. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but I won't be surprised if they are.

That's not true. You see some trades before the deadline, and the Avs make those kind of trades to help their team then, but when they're selling players they and most teams usually wait until the deadline. That's when their value is their highest.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I know it's poor form to call out someone, but when people claim to be Avs fans and then go over to other boards, they represent us as a whole. And posting stuff like this is just plain stupid.

So while a discussion is going on in the trades forum where we're being offered Burmi, Postma and a 2nd, a better return than just Scheifele I dare say, someone posts this and then Jets fans get the impression Staz isn't that great and results in stuff like this.

Seriously guys, bring it up on our forum. You'll get honest opinions from those of us that watch other teams and you'll also save yourself and the rest of us the embarrassment.

If you venture elsewhere and bring up a legitimate trade and get torn to pieces, no one is going to support you on another team's home turf.

I don't post much or at all on other teams boards, but if you're going to quote me I'd like to respond.

I never said Stastny isn't a good player. But I do think he is overpaid for his current production, and I also don't think that the Jets are in a position to trade a guy they are extremely high on (Scheifele), and his 3 years of ELC and 7 years of team control, for 1.5 years of Stastny.

The Avs may get more from a team closer to winning the cup, but IMO, that team is not the Jets.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
My gut feeling by the day after the deadline:

-80% ROB and Kobasew will be dealt.
-50% Palushaj will get dealt. His performance energy/scoring and cheap contract will be sought by a playoff team. He is not vital to the future, and was only a waiver pickup so his comparative value is high.
-40% Hunwick is moved for a pick. Would give a playoff team a good skating depth defenseman.
-25% Jones will get shipped to a bubble team/playoff hoping a change of scenery will revive his performance.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Just did a look around some forums to read the Staz chatter. I'm surprised, but despite terribad proposals on the trades forum from Hawks fans, their posters recognized we have no need to move him for less than fair or more value. Blues fans were 50/50, some very against him and vocal about him not being their solution, others very interested...

Jets fans knew little about him, not surprising given their limited exposure. Leafs fans still maintain their silly thoughts that MacArthur and Gunnarson is more than enough... one person was even trying to convince people Stastny has only ever had one good season.

I wish we canned Sacco yesterday just so we could start saying 'I told you so' when he lit the lamp under a new system and with the right linemates.

But that's essentially why it makes no sense to trade him this season. It doesn't really look like they are trying to move him at all either.

I think this post is the REALITY of how most fans feel about Stastny:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=61978013&postcount=23

I think that deep down, they are confident that Stastny would bounce back in another system, for another team and another coach. However, you still have to look at it from their point of view: they don't watch our team, they see a $6.6M cap hit and a dramatic reduction in points and they don't feel like they should pay a premium for that.

So unless we actually DO want a crappy return, the time to trade him is certainly not now. Let's get a new coach and go from there. Stastny will be in a contract year next season anyways, so it's ALSO in his best interest to light it up so unless we get a wonderful package, I'm expecting him to stay put. [Have a weird gut feeling that the Habs are really interested though]

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs have no need to trade Stastny right now (what other team's fans on this board frequently forget). So unless teh Avs get the offer that they want, there is no trade. Now next trade deadline might be a different story, but there will be a lot more suitors that would like his scoring for a cup run.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
But that's essentially why it makes no sense to trade him this season. It doesn't really look like they are trying to move him at all either.

I think this post is the REALITY of how most fans feel about Stastny:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=61978013&postcount=23

I think that deep down, they are confident that Stastny would bounce back in another system, for another team and another coach. However, you still have to look at it from their point of view: they don't watch our team, they see a $6.6M cap hit and a dramatic reduction in points and they don't feel like they should pay a premium for that.

So unless we actually DO want a crappy return, the time to trade him is certainly not now. Let's get a new coach and go from there. Stastny will be in a contract year next season anyways, so it's ALSO in his best interest to light it up so unless we get a wonderful package, I'm expecting him to stay put. [Have a weird gut feeling that the Habs are really interested though]

Please share :amazed:
We didnt hear any rumours from the Habs . As a matter of fact , last time i heard of Stastny arround here ( TVA sports ) they said about him that his numbers has been going down the last few seasons and that he has one year left of a huge contract to deal with . But i'm curious about your gut feeling and i would like to know more.
Just for the fun of it, who do you see coming our way ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad