Speculation: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Philly is in dire need to improve their defense. Holmgren is a riverboat gambler, as is Sherman. I am terrified of the discussion possibilities those 2 would have.
qm.gif

Me too. And the Flyers biggest trading chip is Couturier, a guy who we don't really need down the middle. Maybe if the Flyers gave us there 1st rounder, Ty McGinn and another good prospect.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Philly is in dire need to improve their defense. Holmgren is a riverboat gambler, as is Sherman. I am terrified of the discussion possibilities those 2 would have.
qm.gif

Funny you should mention that, because The Insiderrr has already spoken! EJ will be dealt to Philadelphia! (sarcasm here folks)

******* ******** ‏@*************** 7m
The #Flyers are in HEATED talks with the #Avs for Erik Johnson. Making big push for him. http://www.insiderrumors.com/2013/no-team/habs-prepared-offer-for-pominville-rumor-update/ …

And if anyone actually wants to read what he's written about this, here's the full link

http://www.insiderrumors.com/2013/no-team/habs-prepared-offer-for-pominville-rumor-update/

•The Flyers also have interest in Avs’ defenseman Erik Johnson. The Wings like him also, but don’t expect him to come cheep…

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Hockey Chat ‏@TheHockeyChat 2m
Regarding rumor of Erik Johnson to #Flyers - Anything is possible but wont come cheap. Remember they gave Stewart and Shattenkirk to get him

It is important to remember that the Flyers rumor has been around for a long, long time (and their organization tends to leak info). Nothing has come of it so far, which means the price is very high.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Kind of hope he gets traded to Philly today... This will be a trade the Avs are going to regret watching play out.

But seriously? What a shock that a not so credible rumour monger comes out today, after McKenzie picking him as a wild card, and says that he is in play. Next thing you know, Eklund is going to report it.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
A) No you don't....

B) IF he were to get traded, you want it to be TOMORROW, during the Deadline, that way I didn't take off work for nothing! ;)

My cousin has been a long time Philly fan and he's always joked the Flyers are going to get EJ. The more I thought about it, the more I think he would look tremendous there. Someone even posted that picture of him in the Flyers jersey, and it just seemed so fitting. Plus, Pronger could probably work with him a bit, Laviolette would lean on him like crazy, and he would get Timonen as his partner. Match made in heaven.;)

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Kind of hope he gets traded to Philly today... This will be a trade the Avs are going to regret watching play out.

But seriously? What a shock that a not so credible rumour monger comes out today, after McKenzie picking him as a wild card, and says that he is in play. Next thing you know, Eklund is going to report it.

He hasn't?

Anyway, I always love this time of the year. Gives me a chance to work out my BS detector.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Are we getting Giroux? All I really want from Philly is Giroux.

Philly has some good expendable pieces, but the problem is few of those really fit our needs. I like Couturier, Simmonds, Laughton, and Coburn but none of those really fit our needs except Coburn who is really needed to partner with EJ.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Philly has some good expendable pieces, but the problem is few of those really fit our needs. I like Couturier, Simmonds, Laughton, and Coburn but none of those really fit our needs except Coburn who is really needed to partner with EJ.

Or Barrie.

Couts is who the Avs were asking for ROR. They must have interest in him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He is as untouchable as EJ is to the 1st PP unit.

But they do have some nice pieces, I wouldn't mind

Simmonds
Coburn
Prospect

for EJ.

If that prospect is Laughton, I would do that deal. Pair Coburn and Barrie as a top pair and hope that they work. I don't think Philly would do that. EJ isn't a big enough upgrade over Coburn to justify spending Simmonds and a prospect.

Last edited:

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Reading all the talk about EJ doesnt really make sense to me.

In a D corps that is lacking a lot of talent...why move the most talented guy?

If we are able to get Seth Jones...but we just moved EJ...we are back in the same spot...

Sacco should be fired before EJ is traded.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Reading all the talk about EJ doesnt really make sense to me.

In a D corps that is lacking a lot of talent...why move the most talented guy?

If we are able to get Seth Jones...but we just moved EJ...we are back in the same spot...

Sacco should be fired before EJ is traded.

Agree 100% and that will be the case.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If Sherman goes mental and if Holmgren goes mental and offers Cooter +, I sure hope our FO puts Cooter right back on the market alongside Stastny.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Agree 100% and that will be the case.

Seeing him used properly and averaging close to 25 minutes a night on a different team would be heartbreaking. I think that would be another trade where it would be so sad to see how well the player is doing away from the Avs. Especially when it will most likely be as simple as more ice time with a better partner.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Seeing him used properly and averaging close to 25 minutes a night on a different team would be heartbreaking. I think that would be another trade where it would be so sad to see how well the player is doing away from the Avs. Especially when it will most likely be as simple as more ice time with a better partner.

Agreed. When you look at the Avs...its not time to blow it up. Its time to improve the D. Trading EJ doesnt achieve this.

We could be looking at

Ej - Jones
Barrie - Hejda
Siemens - SOB? Zanon?

Thats much better than what he are rocking right now.

I hope Shermy sees this

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
It's apparent to me that Sacco isn't a huge fan of Johnson, and I could see him getting moved and more terrible players being acquired.

Agreed there. It's sad that Sacco's favorite players happen to be the worst we have.

I say screw it, F up this team so bad that fans eventually give up and the team is eventually sold to Gary Indiana or someplace like that.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Royal Half ‏@theroyalhalf 1m
This is the part of the movie where Jay Feaster trades for Jaromir Jagr.

nxkih3.jpg.gif

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's apparent to me that Sacco isn't a huge fan of Johnson, and I could see him getting moved and more terrible players being acquired.

I think Sacco likes EJ, but is too afraid to overplay him.

EJ always looks better playing 23+ minutes but Sacco insists on playing him 20 minutes. EJ not being used more on PP isn't because of the coach. It's because EJ hasn't earned more PP time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad