Speculation: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Great, Dallas decides they should under no circumstance keep any player longer than a year, and will trade Jargr. Now all the teams that might have been talking to the Avs, are sidetracked and one will give up a bunch of assets for Jags.

What they hell are they even doing in Dallas? That organization is becoming a bigger joke than the Islanders.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
The Avs are not going to buy anybody this year.

Not really, they'll probably look to move Jagr and Robidas and maybe the Wizard.

I was thinking more in their prospect pool than their current roster players. Avs won't be buying much if at all this year. Could be a good destination to ship our bum D to though. Who knows. Just happy to see teams making moves.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I was thinking more in their prospect pool than their current roster players. Avs won't be buying much if at all this year. Could be a good destination to ship our bum D to though. Who knows. Just happy to see teams making moves.

They're clearly selling though, and selling teams don't usually trade prospects.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

They won't be buying those sorts of players, those players will only be traded to playoff contending clubs for depth. The Stars will probably have Morrow, Olek, and Connauton up with the NHL club to finish the season.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
There goes the one in a million chance Boston trades for Jones. It's now zero in a million.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 23s

As first reported by Mike Heika, Jaromir Jagr has been dealt to the Boston Bruins although still pending a trade call

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun now

Again, Jagr deal _ for two prospects and a pick _ still pending trade call with league

Koko is a part of this I'm sure.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
With the market thinning out, we may see somebody get desperate.... looking at Toronto.

Yeah, good point. With that being said I don't see us getting great value considering the cap is going down and the bar being pretty low so far on the trades we've seen.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Clowe
Boyle
Whitney
Streit
Luongo
Kiprusoff
Hemsky
Ribiero

Who knows, tomorrow should still be busy one way or another.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Friedman, McKenzie LeBrun and Kypreos nailing most of the trades. All the other twitter wannabees continue with their wild speculation hoping they get a lucky hit so they get 'credibility' for getting one right.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Friedman, McKenzie LeBrun and Kypreos nailing most of the trades. All the other twitter wannabees continue with their wild speculation hoping they get a lucky hit so they get 'credibility' for getting one right.

You're just figuring this out now? This is how it always is.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 1m

Confirming # Stars Jagr to #Bruins is for 2nd pick and 2 prospects. Pick changes depending on how Bruins do. #TradeTracker

Pierre LeBrun Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m
Hearing the trade call on Jagr could still be an hour away

Bruce Garrioch Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 4m
Bruins won't confirm Jagr deal until it is officially done given what happened with Iginla. Asking price was high. #TRADETRACKER

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
What they hell are they even doing in Dallas? That organization is becoming a bigger joke than the Islanders.

I thought the Avs were already entrenched there.

Dallas is smart. They know that they're really going nowhere this year, there's not likely enough young talent alongside Benn to do much more than wallow around the playoff bubble in the near future, and they're likely to lose at least 2 out of 3 pending UFA-to-be valuable veteran assets, so they're selling them at the deadline for future assets. And now they want into this offseason with not only their likely high 1st/2nd round picks, but also Vancouver's 2nd, four prospects (we'll see the value of that group in a bit), a depth draft pick, and another unknown draft pick (Boston). My assumption there is 2 prospects and a pick for Jagr.

Excellent moves by them, IMO. Exactly what the Avs should be trying to do.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Dallas traded Roy, Jagr and Morrow. Possibly Robidas too. San Jose traded Murray and probably Clowe.

I can understand it though. Both teams need to replenish the cupboard a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino