Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Im calling hejda goes for 2nd, briere goes for 3rd + 4th. And that is it for the avs on trade deadline day.

Damn, if Briere gets a 3rd and 4th... Hell, I'd take a 7th.

Anyway, I'll predict Hejda and a 4th for a 1st. Briere for a 5th, O'Reilly, Seimins, and a 3rd for Zadorov, Grigorenko, and one of their late 1sts.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
??? Re-sign?

kind of speaking of which, I know we all complained about his extension, but at least we didn't give him what Clifford got from the Kings.
I don't think the Kings will have an issue moving Clifford if they really need too. I know he's bald, but he's only 24 years old. SOME team would want him still.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
If it's an early 2015 3rd vs a late 2016 2nd, I'd probably want the 3rd. If we're assuming the picks are going to be around the same spot than i'd want the 2nd.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 1m1 minute ago
Colaiacovo NOT on waivers means 2 things. #1 If Timonen is to play a trade needs to happen…#2 I will have to spell Colaiacovo again.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
No idea... I don't know anybody within the Avs organization.

Ok thanks for the reply. Just thought I'd ask since you know they're into Casey Bailey. Ever since they've been rumored to be scouting Martinsen I've been kind of monitoring his season. Seems like a more offensively gifted Everberg.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 1m1 minute ago
Colaiacovo NOT on waivers means 2 things. #1 If Timonen is to play a trade needs to happen…#2 I will have to spell Colaiacovo again.

Well Ek does seem to have Flyers connections. I forgot about the Timonen angle. Guess Nashville's not interested anymore with Franson. Flyers are out of the playoffs and still have to dump salary to get under the cap? :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Well Ek does seem to have Flyers connections. I forgot about the Timonen angle. Guess Nashville's not interested anymore with Franson. Flyers are out of the playoffs and still have to dump salary to get under the cap? :laugh:

They can send Coburn over here real cheap... :nod:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They can send Coburn over here real cheap... :nod:

I wouldn't put it past them to make a deal for Coburn at some point. It sure seems like that's probably who they were interested in earlier in the year.

Even though he's struggled a bit with the bigger role, I still think he could be a good two way D man. Just needs a scenery change and a lesser role.

If the Avs need a top pairing replacement, and a second pairing Hejda type, he should probably be the Hejda type.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So if Giordano's injury keeps the Flames from making the playoffs, does he become available in the off-season?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
So if Giordano's injury keeps the Flames from making the playoffs, does he become available in the off-season?

No. They have no one to replace him. He seems to like it in Calgary and the Flames are on the rise. He still has a couple of great years left.
Why would they move him?

They also do not need ROR if that is what you are intending to propose.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
No. They have no one to replace him. He seems to like it in Calgary and the Flames are on the rise. He still has a couple of great years left.
Why would they move him?

They also do not need ROR if that is what you are intending to propose.

Because he only has one year left on his deal, and they're still committed to rebuilding despite the success this year. I don't think they'll actively look to move him before next years deadline, but I'm sure they'll listen to offers, and might hear one they like.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Because he only has one year left on his deal, and they're still committed to rebuilding despite the success this year. I don't think they'll actively look to move him before next years deadline, but I'm sure they'll listen to offers, and might hear one they like.

My guess is he is a July 1st extension guy.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

I would be shocked if Gio hasn't signed an extension at that point.
Burke / Treliving are not that dumb.
They are not gonna trade their captain and veteran leader who still has 3-5 quality years left at least. They will pay him. And there is no reason why Giordano would want out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad