Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Semin is the type of player I would just flat out avoid. Like Wolski and Arnason.

Love this time of the year. Erik Staal isn't at practice, everyone freak out.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
ROR should at least return what Sekera got if the worse happens and they
havent signed him by then, which is a 1st and a fringe topprospect

Fixed. McKeown is a pretty good prospect... honestly better than any defensive prospect in our system except Bigras.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Fixed. McKeown is a pretty good prospect... honestly better than any defensive prospect in our system except Bigras.

Yes even better. So I guess if they pulled the trigger now the extra pieces would be...
what a roster player and another pick or a super A prospect

I mean at this point in the season getting an older players seems
less and less necessary

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Semin is the type of player I would just flat out avoid. Like Wolski and Arnason.

Yeah I throw up in my mouth a little any time anyone mentions guys like Semin, Radulov, etc. Don't be dazzled by shiny points, we have enough players who are streaky/snakebitten/useless in their own end/useless without the puck/useless if they aren't putting up points, to be adding any more.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah I throw up in my mouth a little any time anyone mentions guys like Semin, Radulov, etc. Don't be dazzled by shiny points, we have enough players who are streaky/snakebitten/useless in their own end/useless without the puck/useless if they aren't putting up points, to be adding any more.

These don't describe Semin. He is actually quite good defensively and on the PK. His issues are more about work ethic and attitude.

Read Casey Bailey NHL suitors look to be in the 20s

I can say the number of teams that have looked at him are around that number, but there are far fewer serious players in the Bailey sweepstakes.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
These don't describe Semin. He is actually quite good defensively and on the PK. His issues are more about work ethic and attitude.

Thats my issue. I'm pretty sure Semin is one of, if not the biggest reason there is the perception/stereotype that Russians are lazy in the NHL.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015

I can say the number of teams that have looked at him are around that number, but there are far fewer serious players in the Bailey sweepstakes.

Do you know if the Avs are serious players or are they just one of those teams looking at him?

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I can honestly say I don't care what the return on Hejda/Briere are, as long as it's something I will be less critical of management for using assets correctly (mostly in Hejda's case).

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I can honestly say I don't care what the return on Hejda/Briere are, as long as it's something I will be less critical of management for using assets correctly (mostly in Hejda's case).

Look at what Toronto got for scrubs. Teams are desperate to add depth. We should get second rounder for Hejda IMO.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Look at what Toronto got for scrubs. Teams are desperate to add depth. We should get second rounder for Hejda IMO.

Yep. If Winnik get a 2nd, a 4th, and a player, Hejda can possibly get as much. And honestly, there were more alternatives to Winnik than there are to Hejda.

Hell, I can see a possibility where we sneak in a late 1st if we add something like a 4th. The rental price right now is just really high. Already higher than last year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yep. If Winnik get a 2nd, a 4th, and a player, Hejda can possibly get as much. And honestly, there were more alternatives to Winnik than there are to Hejda.

Hell, I can see a possibility where we sneak in a late 1st if we add something like a 4th. The rental price right now is just really high. Already higher than last year.

Mighty generous to Mr Sill there. :naughty:

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

for some reason last year's trade deadline was weak. Most of the players were very cheap. Vanek etc, everybody pretty much. This season is different, because so many teams still in play, especially thanks to Boston. :handclap:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Still, it's something

The reason Toronto got the 4th is that they took on Sill and his contract. If the Avs are willing to bring back a contract or retain some salary, Hejda's value will go up.

I don't know much about NCAA signing rules and whatnot, but when is Bailey able to sign with an NHL team? And would you happen to know if the Avs are looking at anyone else? (Like Ahti Oksanen)

Any NCAA free agent is eligible to sign at any time, but they will no longer be eligible for their college team. So realistically it will happen after a team's season is over. I don't know if the Avs are in on any other college free agent.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Im calling hejda goes for 2nd, briere goes for 3rd + 4th. And that is it for the avs on trade deadline day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad