Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Maybe we should trade this O'Reilly guy. Do you think anyone would be interested?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Its funny when we lose a game badly or go on losing streaks everyone wants to trade ROR for like a barely top 6 fwd, a low 1st, and some prospect that'll be AHL bound for years or ever.

But then these past games you watch him and you cant help but think how are we not getting like an enormous return for him?
Hell sometimes I think we might be better off just paying him what he wants
but I think that ship has sailed

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm worried if the Avs trade ROR to Buffalo at this point, we may be Pysyk to our stomachs after seeing the return.

FoppaForsberg*

Pays from what I've seen is a relatively "safe" prospect in the sense that he's so low maintenance and plays a simple game that he should become a 2nd pairing Dman, but definitely not something I'd wanna trade ROR for.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Pays from what I've seen is a relatively "safe" prospect in the sense that he's so low maintenance and plays a simple game that he should become a 2nd pairing Dman, but definitely not something I'd wanna trade ROR for.

I would be careful with that.

It is damn hard to become a 2nd pairing D in the NHL.

There is a reason why so many young Ds only hit their stride in their mid - late 20s.

Pysyk is a decent bet. He could reach that level in his mid twenties but it is far from a sure thing that he will become a top 4 D in this league.

Bigras is IMO more talented and I would project him to become a 2nd pairing D in 3-4 years if things go reasonably well for him (which they very well might not do).

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If the Avs move some of their vets, my guess is Hejda goes to the Pens, and Briere to the Isles.

Maybe for 3rd and 4th rounders, but I think Roy would prefer some sort of low to mid level prospect that can play in the AHL next year and possibly be a callup, since he's talked some about his unhappiness in this area. Guys that might have been 3rd or 4th rounders 2-3 years ago. Maybe higher if they can work the deal well.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think Hejda won't play at all this week and everyone will get excited. But then he won't be traded and then he won't play next week either and it turns out he really just is injured.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
If anything your not going to see any movement until the day of.

teams are trying to get those prices down from 1st to 2nds and 3rds and so forth, which they will.
Id be surprised if Sekera was moved for a 1st +

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I think a lot of teams still think they have a chance and don't want to admit defeat until the day of the deadline. Most teams have about 3 games remaining until the deadline and there are currently 8 teams sitting within 6 points of a play-off spot.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
Unless return is really good I'm against trading O'Reilly right now. Not for Pysyk - he is not at O'Reilly level IMHO and may never be. Maybe our management knows they can't meet O'Reilly demands next year but if they didn't talk to him and his agent at this point I wait until end of the season and check if they can extend him. His price could be much higher after he signs extension.

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City
If anything your not going to see any movement until the day of.

teams are trying to get those prices down from 1st to 2nds and 3rds and so forth, which they will.
Id be surprised if Sekera was moved for a 1st +

If Franson + Santorelli brought a 1st + prospect + Jokinen (no value). I'm pretty sure Sekera can get just that since he's much better than Franson in my opinion.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It's pretty obvious if there's a trade with Buffalo Zadorov is their target but how funny would it be if it were Zadorov+Pysyk :laugh:

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I had a dream buffalo lost the draft lottery and were picking in the 2 spot. And right before Bettman came out with his "I have a trade to announce" and the Avs traded their first this year and next year plus O'Reilly and then took Eichel. He is the 6'3 center Roy is looking for.....according to my dreams

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks 4m4 minutes ago
BREAKING: The #NHLDucks have acquired left wing Jiri Sekac from the @CanadiensMTL in exchange for right wing Devante Smith-Pelly.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Habs fans are furious. I'm curious as to why they think Sekac has so much potential, but whatever. He looked like a good player but when they are saying stuff like "future 1st liner", I just don't see it.

More trades will start rolling in soon enough.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Sooo the Monsters are playing right now (yes really) and Street is not in the game and was not announced as an injury. He would not be any sort of healthy scratch situation, I'd be baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00