Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I went in there a bit ago and saw them arguing Rielly has the same value as MacKinnon. :facepalm: Good lord.

Yeah, they're bad. But as we discussed earlier today, we have some of the same disease, re: "our prospects are off the table - not for anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :scared:

I suspect this will continue until the trade deadline, then we'll all get some clarity.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Someone on the main board once mentioned it was Barrie on the left side.

Garth saying that Buffalo would have to add to Myers is surprising. A grigorenko and Myers for RoR swap is too good to be true.

I'm one of the ones who want the team to do everything they can to lock O;Reilly up long term this coming summer but dear lord i'm in like you wouldn't believe for that offer.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah, they're bad. But as we discussed earlier today, we have some of the same disease, re: "our prospects are off the table - not for anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :scared:

I suspect this will continue until the trade deadline, then we'll all get some clarity.

Well in reference to what I said earlier I feel it's a bit different because we have a grand total of two decent prospects and it's not that I think they have enormous value it's that we need them more than they'd give us in a trade. And giving up O'Reilly is already a huge piece that doesn't need a big +. I guess the untouchable thing is relative if some bananas deal is out there that needs one of them to be completed but that's not what's being discussed or realistic at this point. We can't give multiple assets to get one in return right now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Myers and Grigorenko have the size and potential the Avs may want/need. However, they don't use that size and aren't living up to that potential. Myers has flashes of great play but he's still too inconsistent for my liking.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Grigorenko as the + would be rather meh for me, Girgensons on the other hand, I would need to change my pants for.

As for who I think the actual + candidates are, I'd say Torry Mitchell and Brian Flynn are the frontrunners, they can both play legit 3rd line defensive minutes and they played a lot more minutes than usual last night.

I'd love it if Foligno was the sweetener over the other two, but he's injured so we'll never know if they had interest in him or not.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hodgson and Duchene could be lethal up front but even if you put Kopitar on a line with those two it's probably the worst defensive line in the league.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hodgson and Duchene could be lethal up front but even if you put Kopitar on a line with those two it's probably the worst defensive line in the league.

I don't think they would even be lethal up front. Hodgson is pretty terrible.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't think they would even be lethal up front. Hodgson is pretty terrible.

Hodgson has fantastic skill. Let's not let this season destroy what he can do. He;s playing 3rd or 4th line on the worst team in the NHL while being a guy who is completely incapable of playing a bottom 6 role.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hodgson has fantastic skill. Let's not let this season destroy what he can do. He;s playing 3rd or 4th line on the worst team in the NHL while being a guy who is completely incapable of playing a bottom 6 role.

I didn't think he was anything special last season either. He was good on the PP, I'll give him that much.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

And he absolutely deserves to play on the 3rd/4th line the way he has performed for Buffalo so far.

Would rather get nothing added on than Hodgson. Pretty bad contract right now.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I didn't think he was anything special last season either.

He lead a very very poor team in scoring. I think he'd look great with another good hockey player beside him. His childhood friend in particular.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Lemieux + Myers would be a dream come true if we are comparing it to Bozak + Gardiner atleast.

Doubt that Buffalo would do that without an extension in place (not happening).

On Hodgson:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1815959

Sabres fans are discussing a buyout scenario for him (not gonna happen but still).

We haven't even had one for Holden/Guenin/Berra so far.

So he really is not someone I would want. Childhood connections be damned.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hodgson isn't a good hockey player. Good shot and solid with the puck but very poor skater and his effort is lacking most of the time when I see him. He would be a terrible player to add to a team that has any ambition of becoming a contender.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I would love Hodgson if not for his horrible contract, which will see him make 18.5 million dollars the next four years.

He's a talented player who is having his worst season playing for one of the worst teams of the decade.

If Colorado trades with Buffalo this year, I hope Stewart or Stafford come back the other way. The Avs are thin at forward (bottom 6) as it is, it'll be worse if O'Reilly is traded.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I would love Hodgson if not for his horrible contract, which will see him make 18.5 million dollars the next four years.

He's a talented player who is having his worst season playing for one of the worst teams of the decade.

If Colorado trades with Buffalo this year, I hope Stewart or Stafford come back the other way. The Avs are thin at forward (bottom 6) as it is, it'll be worse if O'Reilly is traded.

i want nothing to do with Sewart. Not now, not ever.

member 116861

Hodgson, Stewart, and Stafford?!?

These are bad hockey players getting paid way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad