Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
It would probably be a case where the Avs added a bit of incentive to take on the rest of Wilson's contract. Likely and extra/better pick or prospect.

That would be nice I suppose.

I just read Ottawa's board on the topic, sounds like it's actually a pretty ugly situation and could very well be moving towards a trade.

And on a related note, we should see a few trades over the next week or two as teams finish becoming cap compliant and maybe an RFA holdout or two gets moved.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 2 min
John Davidson tells #CBJ media franchise offered an eight-year, $46 million deal to Ryan Johansen's camp. Was turned down.

Michael Arace ‏@MichaelArace1 6 min
CBJ media day off to rousing start. JD comes right out and announces what the team has offered Johansen: $6M/2yrs, $32M/6 yrs, $46M/8. Wow.

Michael Arace ‏@MichaelArace1 5 min
JD: "When you're talking about contracts close to $50 million, I think our group has been very fair and it's nowhere near what they want."

Michael Arace ‏@MichaelArace1 4 min
JD: "(Johansen) is just not here. Period. We've been told if we don't give them what they want they'll be leaving town."

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Ugh... things are getting ugly on a couple fronts. When agents/front office go to the media things are really bad.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That 3m bridge deal looks far but I don't blame RJ's camp for turning down the other 2. He doesn't deserve that type of money yet but he certainly will. I predict a 3.5m aav 2 year bridge deal.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
That is ugly. I bet Methot, based on what we saw today, is traded before the start of the season. Johansen I see sitting out until December, and then finally signing a massive offersheet from a Western team. I don't see either of them playing another game for Columbus/Ottawa.

I'm still curious to see what happens in Boston and Chicago.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
On RyJo, if you want some good quotes check out the @MichaelArace1 twitter feed...

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
So much for the line that they were only interested in offering a bridge deal. I think the 8 year looks the best, I know more UFA years there but better value than the 6. The bridge should be a little higher too. They'd probably be willing to come up a bit on all, not an unreasonable set of offers though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So much for the line that they were only interested in offering a bridge deal. I think the 8 year looks the best, I know more UFA years there but better value than the 6. The bridge should be a little higher too. They'd probably be willing to come up a bit on all, not an unreasonable set of offers though.

Not at all IMO... RyJo is a goner.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
What's most likely? Trade, offersheet, KHL?

Right now, I say nothing is the most likely. He is going to sit out. Teams won't be offering much in terms of offersheets because of the lack of cap space and the risk of a bad year. That will change come December/January as cap space opens and teams settle into the season. I don't see the KHL as an option period. And a trade just seems too complicated.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

From a player like Johansen's standpoint, he stands to be making 7-8mil or more a year in 3-4 years once UFA. So those long term deals are probably too low for him.

The problem is that Columbus needs to stand firm, they aren't a major market club and can't afford to be the ones breaking open the piggy bank here. But what they've done is offer Johansen a deal equivalent to Dubinsky, who is obviously inferior in the long run.

It's that whole pay them now versus later debacle. I think the best deal for both sides is a 2 year deal around 10mil, but that's if Columbus is just looking to end this charade and move Johansen immediately with a contract in place.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It's that whole pay them now versus later debacle. I think the best deal for both sides is a 2 year deal around 10mil, but that's if Columbus is just looking to end this charade and move Johansen immediately with a contract in place.

Not sure that deal is good for Columbus. If Johansen has an average couple years, they are then on the hook for a $5+m QO to keep his rights. They need to try to keep that QO offer low just incase he falls flat.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Reading up on the Methot situation, I really hope the Avs get in touch with Ottawa and at least see what they would be looking for. He would be a real nice upgrade on the left side of the defense.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Reading up on the Methot situation, I really hope the Avs get in touch with Ottawa and at least see what they would be looking for. He would be a real nice upgrade on the left side of the defense.

Sadly I think the bidding starts at a 1st round pick... something the Avs shouldn't give up in a draft as deep as this one.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think he returns a 1st. Probably closer to a 2nd and a prospect.

With the market for defensemen lately, I can easily see a 1st. We will very likely get a good chance at seeing who is right. Ottawa is run by a bunch of idiots. :shakehead

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
With the market for defensemen lately, I can easily see a 1st. We will very likely get a good chance at seeing who is right. Ottawa is run by a bunch of idiots. :shakehead

Yes they are. As for the 1st, I just don't see it, 1st round picks just seem to be way too valuable these days. Maybe a 2016 protect one at best, but not a 2015.

Anyway, I think the FO in Ottawa is trying to spin Methot into the bad guy here in advance of a salary cut type trade. Based on what they are saying, seems to be just as much about clearing salary as negotiation difficulties.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
avatar bet? he signs 2yrs or longer with jackets this season, i win. 1yr or gets traded, you win.

I'm up for it (I need a new avatar)... What about signs 2 year deal and gets traded this season?

Anyway, I think the FO in Ottawa is trying to spin Methot into the bad guy here in advance of a salary cut type trade. Based on what they are saying, seems to be just as much about clearing salary as negotiation difficulties.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad