Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is Hayes seriously still a UFA?

Did things no got well in their meeting yesterday with the Avs? Supposedly the leading candidates for his services, and he was supposed to sign yesterday. Something change all of that?

FoppaForsberg*

No, I think saying he would sign tomorrow was optimistic.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Is Hayes seriously still a UFA?

Did things no got well in their meeting yesterday with the Avs? Supposedly the leading candidates for his services, and he was supposed to sign yesterday. Something change all of that?

Only one writer for a Boston area paper said he thought it could happen yesterday. Don't read too much into it.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
In other news, for those who missed the Josh Ho-Sang thread, Bleackley didn't get invited to the Canadian World Jrs camp. Only 3 Canadian 1st rounders didn't get invited: Bleackley (#23 overall), McCann (#24) and Ho-Sang (#28).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It was Divver who is a pretty well connected writer. He has been wrong on some of the details though.

Mandeskog

Apr 10, 2014
Maybe he's too busy reading online forums for second opinions.

Hayes-y buddy, come to Colorado! You can even move in with Iggy12!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
In other news, for those who missed the Josh Ho-Sang thread, Bleackley didn't get invited to the Canadian World Jrs camp. Only 3 Canadian 1st rounders didn't get invited: Bleackley (#23 overall), McCann (#24) and Ho-Sang (#28).

Ho Sang sounds like a nutcase.

I had no idea what he was talking about in most of that TSN article, and the writer seemed like he was on his nuts for some reason. Ho Sang would say something crazy and the writer would then do his best to spin it in a positive direction.

Seriously, what the **** is he talking about here?

"The way that I'm portrayed is someone who's stubborn and never changes but I'm just someone who asks 'why,'" Ho-Sang said after participating in Day 1 of BioSteel Camp at St. Michael's College School Arena in Toronto.

"People who are very black and white don't like that at all because you're questioning the masses, you're questioning the way things have been done. That's why things change right? It's those types of minds and people (who ask why) that change everything, I don't understand how that's a negative thing anywhere."

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Ho Sang sounds like a nutcase.

I had no idea what he was talking about in most of that TSN article, and the writer seemed like he was on his nuts for some reason. Ho Sang would say something crazy and the writer would then do his best to spin it in a positive direction.

Seriously, what the **** is he talking about here?

"The way that I'm portrayed is someone who's stubborn and never changes but I'm just someone who asks 'why,'" Ho-Sang said after participating in Day 1 of BioSteel Camp at St. Michael's College School Arena in Toronto.

"People who are very black and white don't like that at all because you're questioning the masses, you're questioning the way things have been done. That's why things change right? It's those types of minds and people (who ask why) that change everything, I don't understand how that's a negative thing anywhere."

He doesnt at all imo. He's rubbing people the wrong way because he's not doing the good ole canadian farm boy robot routine and is speaking his mind. Im sure if you put a room full of NHL gms and coaches (you know the old guard) they would tell him to just sit down and shut up until someone tells you to say something.
I hope he makes it personally, wears his no. 66, and continues to say whatever he wants.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm all for the principle of not being a sheep but you gotta prove it and earn it too.

It's like one of my pet peeves when people say "I have no filter, I say what I want and keep it real" and then everyone just has to accept it because that person is "keeping it real". No, you don't get a free pass to be a jerk just because you announce it.

So if Ho-Sang wants to go against the grain and not fit into a stereotypical mold then great but he should start with less talking and more doing.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He doesnt at all imo. He's rubbing people the wrong way because he's not doing the good ole canadian farm boy robot routine and is speaking his mind. Im sure if you put a room full of NHL gms and coaches (you know the old guard) they would tell him to just sit down and shut up until someone tells you to say something.
I hope he makes it personally, wears his no. 66, and continues to say whatever he wants.

Yea....no. He's full of **** and is an A hole, but just happens to be a talented hockey player.

Nobody cares about the crap he's talking about, but he wants to talk about himself anyway, and how he's been mistreated. He wants to talk about "people" that live in a black and white world, and he rubs them the wrong way because he asks why? What the hell does that mean? What is he asking why about? It's complete BS. Then he compares himself to some social leader trying to make change?

He's a nutcase. There's a reason people don't talk like that, and it's not because they live in a black and white world, it's because they're not A holes. All this talk about how other people perceive him is just an excuse to be an A hole.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Coaches have to be seen as authority figures (especially at Jr level). If the coach tells you to do something, you do it. No "why" or "but".

That kind of attitude tends to spread fast and the coach could eventually lose the locker room if players start to believe that "they know better". That's not good and shows that the kid is putting himself in front of the team. If he wants to keep questioning his coaches he's going to have a very rough ride.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Ho Sang is very outspoken and it rubs some people in the hockey world the wrong way. Ho Sang simply takes everything too far, pick his spots, and needs to gain a filter (you simply can't always speak your mind on everything all the time... it is a great way to get fired, or lose customers if you own your own business in the real world). The media will sensationalize any story they can.

Those 3 elements work around each other to create this. If the media didn't play it up, the hockey world wouldn't care as much nor would Ho Sang do it as much. If Ho Sang shut up occasionally, the media wouldn't care as much. If the hockey world wasn't so old and crotchety sometimes, they wouldn't have issues with Ho Sang as much (still would, but Ho Sang isn't the first or last play like this). Instead you have all the extremes working against each other.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm starting to wonder with this new Rangers talk that maybe Hayes sat down with Roy and Sakic and realized the situation we all kinda saw. That he maybe didn't have as great an opportunity to crack the top 9 out of camp as he thought.

Assuming that is a big deal, and would rather have a better opportunity from day 1 like he'll get with the Rags.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm starting to wonder with this new Rangers talk that maybe Hayes sat down with Roy and Sakic and realized the situation we all kinda saw. That he maybe didn't have as great an opportunity to crack the top 9 out of camp as he thought.

Assuming that is a big deal, and would rather have a better opportunity from day 1 like he'll get with the Rags.

Good point. Maybe the reason why it's taking longer than it was predicted is because he wanted to be an AV, but then realized while sitting with Sakic yesterday that it wasn't his best option an now he's looking elsewhere. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille