Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano 31 min
The Kevin Hayes watch should end today I'm looking at #Avs or #Bruins. Other teams fans will begin to talk about how he isn't good at hockey

I hope it comes down to the prospects. The top 6 is basically out of the question this year and next for both teams. And both teams should have an opening in the top9 next year, though ours is more certain with Briere. And both teams should have an opening in the top6 2 years from now. Over the next 2 years they have to re-sign 10 guys, we have to re-sign 9. They do only have 12 players signed now tough, including Smith. I would say as far as the current roster looks, Boston is probably slightly more attractive because of the need for another forward.

They do have a better group of high end forward prospects though:
Hishon, Bleackley
Pasternak, Khokhlachev, Spooner, Fraser

Fighting it out with Hishon, who has major injury concers, and Bleackley who can't even be called up for the next 2 years, looks a lot easier than adding a couple more guys to the mix.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Mike Chambers ‏@MikeChambers 10m
#Avalanche spokesman on UFA Kevin Hayes: "Like many, many other teams, we have an interest in the player."

Well at least we have some reporting from the media

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
#Avalanche spokesman on UFA Kevin Hayes: "Like many, many other teams, we have an interest in the player."

In other news the world is round, the ocean is wet, and politicians lie.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's

Who would be classified as a spokesperson? And to me that's pretty telling, sounds like the first confirmation that the Avs are interested in Hayes, and not the other way around.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Who would be classified as a spokesperson? And to me that's pretty telling, sounds like the first confirmation that the Avs are interested in Hayes, and not the other way around.

You are reading way too much into it.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
You are reading way too much into it.

How am I reading to much into it? I'm not saying "Hayes to Colorado confirmed!!" or anything like that.

I'm saying that it suggests they have interest. I haven't seen anything else to convince me that there any interest from the Avs side unless those reports of meetings with the club were true.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
How am I reading to much into it? I'm not saying "Hayes to Colorado confirmed!!" or anything like that.

I'm saying that it suggests they have interest. I haven't seen anything else to convince me that there any interest from the Avs side unless those reports of meetings with the club were true.

Maybe I read it wrong... my bad.

The Avs are interested in Hayes and Hayes is interested in the Avs.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 3m
Hearing this morning that the Rangers are in the thick of the bidding for Kevin Hayes.

And now my hopes have been lowered....can't stand any New York teams...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What exactly are they bidding at this point?

I've been guessing Rangers. When it comes down to it guy is going to choose what he's familiar with.

So... Neil Shea vs Kreider vs Boston vs BFFs vs Bro vs uncle vs....

The bidding is playing time/future opportunities/easier bonuses/trust with staff

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Gus Young ‏@GusYoung2 39s
Excited to sign with the @WorcesterSharks and be part of San Jose organization!

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Bonuses maybe?

I don't think the A bonuses, which are the ones he has a chance of getting, can exceed ~$850k (too lazy to check the exact amount).

I think he'll pick a team that a) has a chance of winning because it's depressing to lose all the time and b) sets him up to produce the season after this so he can sign a good second contract.

There isn't really much you can do with an ELC to give a player extra money. He'll get around $1.5M/year for the first two years if he sticks in the NHL.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I hope it comes down to the prospects. The top 6 is basically out of the question this year and next for both teams. And both teams should have an opening in the top9 next year, though ours is more certain with Briere. And both teams should have an opening in the top6 2 years from now. Over the next 2 years they have to re-sign 10 guys, we have to re-sign 9. They do only have 12 players signed now tough, including Smith. I would say as far as the current roster looks, Boston is probably slightly more attractive because of the need for another forward.

They do have a better group of high end forward prospects though:
Hishon, Bleackley
Pasternak, Khokhlachev, Spooner, Fraser

Fighting it out with Hishon, who has major injury concers, and Bleackley who can't even be called up for the next 2 years, looks a lot easier than adding a couple more guys to the mix.
Why cannot bleakley be called up for two years? What????

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I don't think the A bonuses, which are the ones he has a chance of getting, can exceed ~$850k (too lazy to check the exact amount).

I think he'll pick a team that a) has a chance of winning because it's depressing to lose all the time and b) sets him up to produce the season after this so he can sign a good second contract.

There isn't really much you can do with an ELC to give a player extra money. He'll get around $1.5M/year for the first two years if he sticks in the NHL.

I wasn't sure how much feasibility they are given in how much the bonuses are for and what they are for. But I doubt teams that want him would shy away from giving him good bonuses.

Also not sure how far a team can go as far as promising playing time. I don't think they can do anything in writing, and a verbal promise doesn't mean much.

In the end, I think it's about pitching the city as a place to live, and pitching the organizations goals and beliefs (not really sure how different team goals can be, they should all be to win the cup).

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Please stop posting all things Ryan Lambert. He gives me brain aneurysms.

So that's why I've had a headache all this time.

I'd like to ignore this whole thing until it's done but damn it's difficult. At first I was sure he's not coming here but now I'll be disappointed if he doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad