Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Happy for him. Too bad we didn't give him a chance.

I happy for Gus Young as well but I just didn't see a spot for him with players like Bigras, Siemens, Geertsen, Wood, Butcher, Corbett even Elliott in the system.

Ideally in the next 3 years our defense will look something like:

Bigras-Johnson
Siemens-Barrie
Holden-Geertsen/Wood

With Butcher and Corbett in the minors ready to be first callups.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
I happy for Gus Young as well but I just didn't see a spot for him with players like Bigras, Siemens, Geertsen, Wood, Butcher, Corbett even Elliott in the system.

Ideally in the next 3 years our defense will look something like:

Bigras-Johnson
Siemens-Barrie
Holden-Geertsen/Wood

With Butcher and Corbett in the minors ready to be first callups.

We have no idea how any of those guys will pan out. Having the depth would've been nice seeing as Young had progressed at Yale.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Hypothetically speaking, we sign Hayes and he does make the team, that would almost certainly force one of McLoed or Bords completly off the team (assuming 13 forwards and 8 D again). Which one would we waive/trade? Bords had a better year last year (somehow), but McLoed wore the A.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Hypothetically speaking, we sign Hayes and he does make the team, that would almost certainly force one of McLoed or Bords completly off the team (assuming 13 forwards and 8 D again). Which one would we waive/trade? Bords had a better year last year (somehow), but McLoed wore the A.

Technically, all of them wore the A. :sarcasm:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
We have no idea how any of those guys will pan out. Having the depth would've been nice seeing as Young had progressed at Yale.

Agreed, but obviously management felt they had many players ahead of him in terms of potential and development to not sign him. And I can't say I disagree with management on that one. At best I saw bottom pairing guy who can play 2nd unit PK, but really I see a career AHLer for Gus Young.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's common that when you get new people running the team, some of the old players/prospects will be let go. Roy/Sakic has no loyalty or tie to guys like Young while they will have much more interest in seeing someone like Wood succeed. It's human nature.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Wonder if they'd be interested in giving Condon an AHL deal... Of course if you gotta choose between AHL deals you might as well not go to Cleveland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad