Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Jesus coming to him in a dream?

Mom wants him to be close to home?

O'Bama will probably be blamed somehow though.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Why are the Avs at the top of his list? We haven't been at the top of anybody's list since the mid 2000's. Don't get me wrong, it's nice. I'd just like to hear why.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Why are the Avs at the top of his list? We haven't been at the top of anybody's list since the mid 2000's. Don't get me wrong, it's nice. I'd just like to hear why.

ROR-Duchene-Landeskog-MacK... what player wouldn't want a chance to play with those young forwards?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

Avs right wingers are older so there should be a spot there for the taking. The team has a good young core. Roy has proven himself as a coach that will give players a fair chance (Holden, Guenin, Cliche).

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I know Colorado is a good option but the best option? As I've said before east coast guys tend not to randomly come west. It's not like the Bruins, Pens, Rangers are terrible destinations either. But we'll know soon enough.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The Avs have great centers and left wingers, all around the same age as Hayes, and they've got no right wingers around that same age group. Add in a bounce back season, a nice state to live in, and the organization being run by two legends who younger players likely looked up too, and it's easy to see why it would be a nice options for players.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Either Hayes is a guaranteed 1st liner with 30-40 upside, or he is a career AHLer... :sarcasm:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
But who wouldn't want to play with Crosby and malkin? Or with giroux? Or stay home with the Bruins?

It just seems a bit out of the ordinary for a kid from Boston to pick Colorado as his favorite.

I think we had the perfect storm for Iginla. here weren't many good teams that had room for him.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
But who wouldn't want to play with Crosby and malkin? Or with giroux? Or stay home with the Bruins?

It just seems a bit out of the ordinary for a kid from Boston to pick Colorado as his favorite.

I think we had the perfect storm for Iginla. here weren't many good teams that had too for him.

Just because he is from an area doesn't mean he wants to live there.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Just because he is from an area doesn't mean he wants to live there.

Sure but usually, given the option, people like to stay closer to home.

Regardless, I sure hope we hear why straight from the horse's mouth. The only way we will is if he signs with us.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Lack of forward prospects- Bleackley and Hishon (who has serious injury concerns) are really our only 2 comparable prospects. Everberg and/or Rendulic could be good, but they are quite unknown. Bourke and/or Smith are a couple other guys with talent, but to early to put them up in he top group. And I'm sure every team has their versions of Everberg/Rendulic and Bourke/Smith.

Roy and Sakic- these guys are big time names amongst the current group of kids. These were the all-stars when these kids were getting into and falling in love with hockey. Seem like great guys to play for as well. Fun system too.

Iggy and Lando- Iggy has been a top goal scoring power forward for quite awhile. Lando showed to be one of the best passing power forwards in he league. I would like to learn from these guys if I was someone with similar talents.

Briere's spot is pretty much guaranteed to be up for grabs next year. I really doubt McLeod is brought back either. Combine tht with the lack of forward prospects and he has a very good opportunity. Tremendous opportunity in 2 years when 7 forwards need new contracts. And if he is NHL ready this year it's not like our entire group of 13 forwards are guaranteed their spot on the roster. When he is ready to make the jump to the NHL, we have good opportunities for him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
On a different, yet related note... I'm surprised nobody has signed Kevin Gravel yet (beyond his AHL deal). He has really developed the last two years and is probably only a year or so away from NHL duty.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
Lack of forward prospects- Bleackley and Hishon (who has serious injury concerns) are really our only 2 comparable prospects. Everberg and/or Rendulic could be good, but they are quite unknown. Bourke and/or Smith are a couple other guys with talent, but to early to put them up in he top group. And I'm sure every team has their versions of Everberg/Rendulic and Bourke/Smith.

Roy and Sakic- these guys are big time names amongst the current group of kids. These were the all-stars when these kids were getting into and falling in love with hockey. Seem like great guys to play for as well. Fun system too.

Iggy and Lando- Iggy has been a top goal scoring power forward for quite awhile. Lando showed to be one of the best passing power forwards in he league. I would like to learn from these guys if I was someone with similar talents.

Briere's spot is pretty much guaranteed to be up for grabs next year. I really doubt McLeod is brought back either. Combine tht with the lack of forward prospects and he has a very good opportunity. Tremendous opportunity in 2 years when 7 forwards need new contracts. And if he is NHL ready this year it's not like our entire group of 13 forwards are guaranteed their spot on the roster. When he is ready to make the jump to the NHL, we have good opportunities for him.

Yeah, but if you are Canadian and live in Calgary and are poor you pay less tax, have to worry less about crime, and have universal healthcare! :yo:

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Most NHL clubs will not retire a top9 RW each of the next 3 years. Most NHL clubs have more RW prospects than we do. All we have is Bleackley and Rendulic. That is a great situation going forward for a RW prospect.

He doesn't have to beat out a combo of guys. He just has to beat out 1 to get on the roster.

McLeod is the reason for bringing in a guy like Hayes. Our lack of depth really showed when McLeod and Cliche were 3rd liners. We had very little bottom 6 production in that situation. McLeod should never be anything more than a 4th liner.

We might have a "pretty set" top9 but we still have no depth. Talbot can play the 3rd, but mainly in a shutdown role. Maybe Winchester. And Hishon could be called up but I am not sold on him yet. And then the unknowns like Rendulic. Hayes could very easily be our first top9 replacement, if not challenge Briere immediately for the spot.

As far as immediate playing time we are really no harder to crack than most good teams. Now if he wants to play for a joke of a program then we probably can't compete wit the playing time being offered. As far as replacing an injured guy this year, he would have a great chance. And going forward, he would have as good of a chance here to make the team as any other team in the league.

Hishon doesn't even play the same position.

Sgarbossa? Really? If we are pointing to guys like this then he might as well give up n hockey. There are going to be guys like his on every roster. He is also another LW, not RW.

Listing those names you did just shows how little depth there is. Roster wise, it doesn't get any better than here, except maybe NYR (immediately at least, they have more prospects), unless he does not care about being a part of a winning team.

I would bet the Rangers. They have to re-sign a ton of guys. MSL will probably retire as well, who seems to be their only True RW.

Whose retiring on the Avs other than Jiggy?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
He means Briere, Tanguay, Iginla each coming off the books the next 3 years.

I dont get that rationale, why acquire any of these players if they are just gonna up and call it quits after one season.
We just signed Iggy who is 37, unless he flat out looks terrible he's not going anywhere for at least a couple years

Briere has played an avg of 70 games the past 4 NHL seasons, Tanguay an avg of 60 which shows you last year was a fluke for him health wise
Maybe they dont bring DB back, so its possible for Hayes to go there, but he's not touching
a top 6 role anytime soon, here at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad