Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Avs should try desperately to get Alzner out of Washington. Would be a great fit for this team.

Obviously I highly doubt Washington would be willing to move him. Especially at that ridiculously cheap contract he signed.

Is Alzner even an upgrade on Hejda, age aside? I feel like expectations are that Bigras should be better than Alzner in the next few years too.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Alzner is a top pairing shutdown defense, we should be ecstatic if Bigras somehow turns close to him.

There are strong rumours that this is Timonen's last season.

Huis Clos*

I think you just proved the point. 25th in the league is paying him like he's top pairing. There are 60 defensemen on the top pair of their team in the league. If he's 25th, he's getting paid as if he were a top pairing defenseman.

No I didn't. Just because 60 defensemen play on the top pairing doesn't mean there are 60 true top pairing defenders. That's an extremely poor assumption. Take a look at the list and tell me how many in the top 30 are true number one or two defenders. Not all of them. Look at the top 60, hardly any true top pairing defenders there. I see plenty of second pairing guys in there.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Is Alzner even an upgrade on Hejda, age aside? I feel like expectations are that Bigras should be better than Alzner in the next few years too.

When it comes to pure defensive defensemen Alzner is one of the better ones and IMHO easily better player than Carlson.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

We'll be incredibly fortunate if Bigras comes anywhere close to where Alzner is now.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Reason I say expectations are for Bigras to be better is because he has been compared to Martin, Hamhuis, and Vlasic. All players I would take over Alzner.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Reason I say expectations are for Bigras to be better is because he has been compared to Martin, Hamhuis, and Vlasic. All players I would take over Alzner.

It's always best to temper those expectations. Those are the comparisons based on his style of play, and how he approaches the D position. No one, not even pro scouts or Roy know if he will get to their level of play.

Only time can tell that, but it definitely looks hopeful.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I've often said Bigras reminds me of VlaÅ¡ić, but like Foppa said that's more in terms of playing style, not in terms of ability, the chances of him reaching that level of play aren't all that good.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
From a pure value standpoint, are ROR and Simmonds comparable? I'm curious not because I'd be interested in such a trade but rather just to gauge Simmonds' value.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
O'Reilly is a better player than Simmonds is. Simmonds is a limited player that is tough and really good around the net, especially on the PP.

Many Flyers players are dependent on Giroux for their offense, one way or another. When Giroux is going, so is Hartnell/Simmonds/Voracek. When he's not, they're not.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
O'Reilly is a better player than Simmonds is. Simmonds is a limited player that is tough and really good around the net, especially on the PP.

Many Flyers players are dependent on Giroux for their offense, one way or another. When Giroux is going, so is Hartnell/Simmonds/Voracek. When he's not, they're not.

disagree on voracek. he's close to being elite winger imo. he complements giroux well and other way around but he wouldn't need giroux to produce imo.

didn't need last year, giroux was bad without him. both sucked this year away from each other. but it's a small sample.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Dennis Everberg is a done deal to Colorado.

Per @Rosenrasande at twitter

What line does he slot in on? Would he be a 3rd line wing with potential to move up?

Edit: Would he be on the Avs or start in LE next season? Don't know anything about him...

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Decent numbers and size.

@Avs_Tweets 15s

Report out there from @Rosenrasande has 22 year old Swedish F Dennis Everberg joining #Avs. 6'4, had 34PTS in 47GMs with Rögle in '13-14.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Dennis Everberg is a done deal to Colorado.

Per @Rosenrasande at twitter

Wait a minute, the Avs just signed a 6'4 European UFA prospect? What the hell's going on here.

Looks like he's a left shooting RW. Also looks like he was third in scoring on his team, behind 1st place Kelsey Tessier. Haven't heard that name in a while.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
What line does he slot in on? Would he be a 3rd line wing with potential to move up?

Edit: Would he be on the Avs or start in LE next season? Don't know anything about him...

Seems like the kind of guy who would attempt to make the team as a 3rd or 4th liner next year but possibly start in LE. That's what Raffl did and he turned out just fine for Philly.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Probably think this is a Lake Erie signing for perhaps future NHL. I wouldn't be surprised if Avs keep him up since we have unlimited roster numbers for the playoffs.

Don't think he's close to Soderberg in terms of NHL readiness.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
He played in the second League in Sweden, like Michael Raffl, nowhere near Soderberg class.

Swedish media is saying he was going to sign for Luleå in the SHL for the upcoming season but turned them down for Colorado.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Well they said they wanted size! Anders Carlsson doing work!

Now I have to call one of my Swede friends to see what he thinks of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino