Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah, it is a marvel to step back and look at what he's done. Roy's reputation bought some instant respect but that will only go so far. He worked to gain their trust and now they play for him because they want to. Something Duchene said about how Roy took an individual interest in all of them was something he never had before and then EJ talking about sort of a " new era" approach. Duchene said before it was "you have to win this game" and now its Roy saying "let's try this in the third period".

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
It is all behind the scenes, but I can't imagine there is a harder working coach than Roy.

Will be interesting to see how they respond from him 2 years from now. Hopefully Roy has a shelf life similar to Trotz. hahaha.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Roy has been great IMO because he listened to the right people, and actively learned from one of the best in Bob Hartley. Unlike Bob though, he doesn't seem to much like gooning it up.

I have to admit I kinda like the fact that Hartley actively trolls his rivals. You can sometimes see that edge in Roy as well. :laugh:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Roy has been great IMO because he listened to the right people, and actively learned from one of the best in Bob Hartley. Unlike Bob though, he doesn't seem to much like gooning it up.

I have to admit I kinda like the fact that Hartley actively trolls his rivals. You can sometimes see that edge in Roy as well. :laugh:

LOL @ Bob Hartley being one of the best. The guy came from a windshield wiper factory to win a cup with a loaded Avs team. Give me Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Bourque and Blake, I'll win the cup too behind that bench

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
LOL @ Bob Hartley being one of the best. The guy came from a windshield wiper factory to win a cup with a loaded Avs team. Give me Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Bourque and Blake, I'll win the cup too behind that bench

So you're saying you are better than Granato. :sarcasm:

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
The Trees

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas

The trouble with the maples
(And they're quite convinced they're right)
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade

There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the maples scream 'Oppression!'
And the oaks just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights
'The oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light'
Now there's no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

This is much more complex than anything Sacco or Granato have ever come up with.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Why are we talking about Trees and Rocks in the Trade Rumors/FA/Roster Move thread?

Oh well, nothing else to talk about I guess...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Why are we talking about Trees and Rocks in the Trade Rumors/FA/Roster Move thread?

Oh well, nothing else to talk about I guess...

Because there are rumors we are signing The Rock as our new enforcer.

Seriously, how was this joke not made already?

the-rock1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad