Speculation: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
"Sure sounds like #Stars deal with Jamie Benn getting finalized. Latest Dal offer I heard was 33M. Look for cap hit around 5.5M for 5/6 yrs"

According to RealKyper

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
"Sure sounds like #Stars deal with Jamie Benn getting finalized. Latest Dal offer I heard was 33M. Look for cap hit around 5.5M for 5/6 yrs"

According to RealKyper

I'd peg O'Reilly's value as a bit less than Benn's, but not 2m less. 4-4.5 for 6 years for O'Reilly doesn't sound too bad... ugh I just want this to be over.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Islanders are like a drunk guy at closing hour. They've picked up Hickey, Aucoin and Finley from waivers.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Brennan Klak ‏@nhlupdate
Panthers re-sign Kulikov to a two year deal

My guess is that it is for 3-3.5m per

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
So the last remaining RFAs are both represented by Newport.

That is a surprise.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So the last remaining RFAs are both represented by Newport.

That is a surprise.

And two of the others MDZ, and Kullikov signed 2 year bridge deals, while the other, the clearly better and more likely top six scorer than O'Reilly signed the long term deal.

I'm telling you that KHL match deal f' d everything up. They can't give him more than Duchene on a two year deal just on principle. It'd be a slap in the face to him, and potentially cause a rift.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
And two of the others MDZ, and Kullikov signed 2 year bridge deals, while the other, the clearly better and more likely top six scorer than O'Reilly signed the long term deal.

I'm telling you that KHL match deal f' d everything up. They can't give him more than Duchene on a two year deal just on principle. It'd be a slap in the face to him, and potentially cause a rift.

I think it would be a slap in the face to O'Reilly if they tell him he can't make more than Duchene even though he was clearly the better player last season. Duchene was much better the first two years but I think the most recent season probably has a big impact on the negotiations.

Duchene doesn't seem like the kind of guy who be upset over something like this. He quickly signed his contract and he knows if he plays like he's capable of, he'll be the highest paid player on the team in 1.5 years.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think it would be a slap in the face to O'Reilly if they tell him he can't make more than Duchene even though he was clearly the better player last season. Duchene was much better the first two years but I think the most recent season probably has a big impact on the negotiations.

Duchene doesn't seem like the kind of guy who be upset over something like this. He quickly signed his contract and he knows if he plays like he's capable of, he'll be the highest paid player on the team in 1.5 years.

No I disagree completely. Duchene's first two being better, along with the injuries last year, and being the 3rd overall pick, and having a higher ceiling make it a wash.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

I agree that the Avs are somewhat boxed in with respect to their negotiating position. From what is being reported, O'Reilly is basically asking for a better deal than Duchene and EJ.

It is a tough spot IMO for the Avs' management.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No I disagree completely. Duchene's first two being better, along with the injuries last year, and being the 3rd overall pick, and having a higher ceiling make it a wash.

No, Duchene may have put up more points, but it wasn't like O'Reilly sucked in those first two seasons. ROR has always been reliable defensively from the start, and he proved he could be a reliable top-six forward and scoring threat this season.

So no, it's not a wash. It's ridiculous for anyone to expect O'Reilly to accept the same wait-and-see contract that Duchene signed.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
No, Duchene may have put up more points, but it wasn't like O'Reilly sucked in those first two seasons. ROR has always been reliable defensively from the start, and he proved he could be a reliable top-six forward and scoring threat this season.

So no, it's not a wash. It's ridiculous for anyone to expect O'Reilly to accept the same wait-and-see contract that Duchene signed.

Offense pays. Good defense and 26 points doesn't. The only reason it's equal is because Duchene's production dropped, at least in part due to injuries, and O'Reilly's increased last year.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Dave Bolland - 2009-2010 - 47 points - 56.8 Salary Cap - Signs 5/3.375 after ELC

Ryan O'Reilly - 2011-2012 - 55 points - 64.3 Salary Cap - Signs X/X after ELC

Given inflation, I would say he's worth about 3.8-4.0 mill. If I'm the Avs, I sign him 4 mill x 6-7-8 years.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I wouldn't mind offering Gomez a one year $1M deal. He'll probably sign elsewhere, but might as well give it a shot.

Mouse21*

it is a wash basically. RoR's first two seasons were not impressive at all.

The Angry Teatowel

@AngryTeatowel
Aug 11, 2009
Kent, UK
www.eurolanche.com
Dave Bolland - 2009-2010 - 47 points - 56.8 Salary Cap - Signs 5/3.375 after ELC

Ryan O'Reilly - 2011-2012 - 55 points - 64.3 Salary Cap - Signs X/X after ELC

Given inflation, I would say he's worth about 3.8-4.0 mill. If I'm the Avs, I sign him 4 mill x 6-7-8 years.

Bolland is exactly the same comparable I had in mind. Puts up some points but better defensively. If Radar's ceiling turns out to be our Bolland, I'm happy with that. Right now (that's not say in the mid to long term future), I think Radar is worth similar to Duchene. Bridge deal or 5 years at no more than 4m per seems fair but if he really does want 5x5, trade him.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Bolland is exactly the same comparable I had in mind. Puts up some points but better defensively. If Radar's ceiling turns out to be our Bolland, I'm happy with that. Right now (that's not say in the mid to long term future), I think Radar is worth similar to Duchene. Bridge deal or 5 years at no more than 4m per seems fair but if he really does want 5x5, trade him.

Agreed, although I feel for now Oreilly has more offensive upside then that of Bolland, but should be comparable players for the most part.

Then again, Bolland is going to be used in a much more offensive role this year playing with I believe Kane and Sharp(not 100% certain on that) so we could just as easily see him really break out this year with those 2 on his wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad