Speculation: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Infamous Tank

Franklinator Maker
Mar 3, 2011
Seems like most of the Florida fans I've seen respond to the trade don't have an issue with swapping O'Reilly for Kulikov either.

Can't say it would hurt Valamov's confidence to have another Russian on the team as well.

(Thx for the rundown posts btw)

Edit: Has anyone heard any rumors about Kulikov's contract demands? I would imagine something along the lines of EJ's contract would be fair.

On the Florida board I saw speculation that Tallon was offering something like a 3x3 and Kulikov was looking for a 4x4.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gudbrandson plays the right side, Kulikov is a lefty. Kulikov has also gotten out of a KHL contract once already (when he initially got drafted). I'm not really worried about the Russian factor with Kulikov, and I think that the Avs may see the "Russian" factor as another opportunity to grab a very talented player, like they did when they grabbed Varlamov.

I'm in for a ROR for Kulikov deal because it makes sense for both teams, and because it gets ROR out of the conference. If the Avs end up dealing ROR, it better be to an Eastern team.

Why the **** was I thinking he's a lefty? I guess probably cause Campbell, Garrison and Kuli were all lefties I forgot the Gudbrandson wasn't one to.

Either way if we have to trade Ryan I'd be totally down with Ryan+ for Kulikov and Matthias.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Ummm Tim Connolly expected to be put on waivers... are teams trying to just give the NYI players?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
No way to Connolly.

What about Wade Redden, once he gets bought out by NYR? Wouldn't be a bad depth guy, if his contract is in the right ballpark.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Regardless of the ROR situation, please don't trade the first this year Sherman

Oh and here is the newest plan in the Tank for Seth-section provided by our friends over at the Leafs board:

Gardiner + Grabovski + MacArthur + 2nd for Duchene + O'Reilly

I think they put a well thought proposal on the table right here.

If we do this trade I can't see us not getting Savior Seth

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I wouldn't mind Redden on the 3rd pairing.

And Gomez on the 4th line, replacing Olver, who in turn replaces McLeod.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
No way to Connolly.

What about Wade Redden, once he gets bought out by NYR? Wouldn't be a bad depth guy, if his contract is in the right ballpark.

I don't see the point when we already have a glut of mediocre defensmen to sit every game.

I actually wouldn't mind Connolly to replace O'Reilly this year.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Wouldn't want Redden. He was very underwhelming in the NHL years ago. I think he's just taking too much punishment trying to make plays. It worked until he was 30 years old but it takes a toll on the body.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I don't know why these agents want young players on long term deals. If they get better, they will earn better contracts.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Regardless of the ROR situation, please don't trade the first this year Sherman

Oh and here is the newest plan in the Tank for Seth-section provided by our friends over at the Leafs board:

Gardiner + Grabovski + MacArthur + 2nd for Duchene + O'Reilly

I think they put a well thought proposal on the table right here.

If we do this trade I can't see us not getting Savior Seth

OMFG! :laugh:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't know why these agents want young players on long term deals. If they get better, they will earn better contracts.

I think in O'Reilly's case I think they want a richer long term deal to assure O'Reilly is being used to provide offense with the Avs. If he signs a bridge deal and Avs use him more as a defensive guy, he'll have a hard time getting a good contract next time around.

I can understand that view when Avs have Stastny and Duchene on the team.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Santorelli is on waivers. Maybe an insurance 4th line center just in case Olver or Mitchell goes down?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I would definitely take Gomez and/or Redden on a cheap, one year deal. What's to lose?

Games.

There's no point in taking either of those guys, IMO. Who knows what Redden has left? He's been buried in the AHL for 2 years, and was terrible for at least 2 years before that. Similarly, Gomez hasn't been close to an impact player for 3 years now.

It's 2013, not 2007.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
If O'reilly isn't coming back they need to start figuring out some stopgap solution to the 3rd line center issue unless they want to lose a lot of games and completely waste Downie and Hejduk.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I think in O'Reilly's case I think they want a richer long term deal to assure O'Reilly is being used to provide offense with the Avs. If he signs a bridge deal and Avs use him more as a defensive guy, he'll have a hard time getting a good contract next time around.

I can understand that view when Avs have Stastny and Duchene on the team.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia