Speculation: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Can you be more specific?

We have a high quantity of depth D-man, not the highest quality; such as Kaberle, Weber, Bouillon, St. Denis, maybe even Emelin, Gorges, or Diaz if there is an overpayment.

As for Centers, I have a feeling that DD or Eller are likely on the market. Again, maybe even Plekanec for an overpayment.

Asides from ROR, what do you guys have that you are willing to trade?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Since we all love the Garrioch:

"Carolina Hurricanes GM Jim Rutheford may make a move before the deadline. The Canes have plenty of skill on the blueliner, however, they’d like to bring in a bit more grit. D Joe “Uh-Oh” Corvo has been a healthy scratch and could be dealt along with D Jamie McBain."

Would anyone here do O'Byrne + 2nd/3rd round pick for McBain? Seems like a guy Avs might like.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

"Carolina Hurricanes GM Jim Rutheford may make a move before the deadline. The Canes have plenty of skill on the blueliner, however, they’d like to bring in a bit more grit. D Joe “Uh-Oh†Corvo has been a healthy scratch and could be dealt along with D Jamie McBain."

Would anyone here do O'Byrne + 2nd/3rd round pick for McBain? Seems like a guy Avs might like.

I would.

Huis Clos*

"Carolina Hurricanes GM Jim Rutheford may make a move before the deadline. The Canes have plenty of skill on the blueliner, however, they’d like to bring in a bit more grit. D Joe “Uh-Oh†Corvo has been a healthy scratch and could be dealt along with D Jamie McBain."

In a heartbeat.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008

"Carolina Hurricanes GM Jim Rutheford may make a move before the deadline. The Canes have plenty of skill on the blueliner, however, they’d like to bring in a bit more grit. D Joe “Uh-Oh” Corvo has been a healthy scratch and could be dealt along with D Jamie McBain."

With the addition of J. Staal and Semin, Carolina is certainly hunting for the playoffs this year. I don't think Carolina would be interested in settling for a draft pick, I think they would want roster payers.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

I cant see that being close to enough for McBain, but it'd be a quick and easy yes for me.

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
We have a high quantity of depth D-man, not the highest quality; such as Kaberle, Weber, Bouillon, St. Denis, maybe even Emelin, Gorges, or Diaz if there is an overpayment.

As for Centers, I have a feeling that DD or Eller are likely on the market. Again, maybe even Plekanec for an overpayment.

Are you serious?

Habs season ticket owner here but Avs fan. So I know those players you are offering.

Avs do not need Kaberle, Weber, St-Denis, Bouillon.

Diaz is looking good because he is playing the power play with Markov. Take Markov out of the equation and people will think tha Diaz is the drummer of Los Lobos.

Eller... this guy has all the tools but he is missing the most important thing to play on the first three lines for an NHL team ... hockey sense. His hockey sense is below average and this is why Therrien makes him play on the 4th line.

So do not talk about a possible trade involving O'Reilly when you have nothing to offer.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Are you serious?

Habs season ticket owner here but Avs fan. So I know those players you are offering.

Diaz is looking good because he is playing the power play with Markov. Take Markov out of the equation and people will think tha Diaz is the drummer of Los Lobos.

Eller... this guy has all the tools but he is missing the most important thing to play on the first three lines for an NHL team ... hockey sense. His hockey sense is below average and this is why Therrien makes him play on the 4th line.

So do not talk about a possible trade involving O'Reilly when you have nothing to offer.

Maybe if they threw in Dietz...:help:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Are you serious?

I clearly said "aside from ROR", obviously we couldn't get him for those pieces.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Sure. I'd be absolutely shocked if the Avs resign O'Byrne, no matter how well he plays up until the summer. If they can get something for him from a team looking to make a push, I say do it.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

That's the thing--the Avs have a glut of depth defenders as well. In fact they have nothing BUT depth defenders save for Erik Johnson.

The Avs have some impressive defensive prospects, but they need those prospects more than anything they could get in a trade.

I'd be interested in Weber, but apart from another depth forward prospect like Bournival I don't see much the Avs could offer the Habs.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
That's the thing--the Avs have a glut of depth defenders as well. In fact they have nothing BUT depth defenders save for Erik Johnson.

The Avs have some impressive defensive prospects, but they need those prospects more than anything they could get in a trade.

I'd be interested in Weber, but apart from another depth forward prospect like Bournival I don't see much the Avs could offer the Habs.

Weber could be had with a draft pick or a low prospect. I would mind him , he would add some offence on the blueline with a good point shot.

... as long as we dont over pay, right now he still have the AHL tag on him ( meaning that he's still a prospect ) .

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm actually starting to think McBain for O'Byrne makes a ton of sense for both teams. They're looking for a big veteran defensive minded RD, and we're looking for a bit more offense and likely won't re-sign OB.

McBain's got a hell of a hard shot too, and gets it off pretty quick. Great on his off side for one timers on the PP too. He could be a very good pickup.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Myers contract isnt all that bad. He had a 10m signing bonus, and next season is the only year that he is over 5m in actual salary. The cap hit sucks, but if he starts play like he did his first two seasons it won't be a huge drag. I still think he can be a top pairing guy who will chip in 10 goals and 25-30a a season. He is young and really just needs a change.

Also there is no UFA that would come for a cap hit less than Myers has and has the same upside. IMO it would be worth trying to buy low on Myers.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

Heck yeah. I can't believe Carolina consider moving him, they must be impressed with Sanguinetti.

EDIT: 2006 draft, uh-oh. Buy his jersey now.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Was watching some Mckinnon and Drouin highlights today and it got me thinking. I think those 2 would be much better if they were to stick together in the NHL Some how. They know what each other is gonna do so well and they find each other so easily, reminded me a lot of the Sedins.

If the Avs own pick ends up in the #1 or #2 spot, I think we should really try to trade whatever we can to move into the Top 3 with another pick to try and get both of those guys.

Trade Jones for a 1st at the deadline to a team like PIT or NYR, the pick likely ends up in the 25 range. I would then do Oreilly/Stastny + the 25th + one of Sgarbossa/Elliott/Barrie to get into the Top 3? I dunno if that would be enough, but an offense that looks like this next year would be unreal:

Landeskog - Duchene - McGinn
Drouin - Stastny/Oreilly - Mackinnon
Downie - Mitchell - Hejduk(?)
McCleod - Olver - Bordeleau

Defense would still be a weak point, but hopefully by next year Barrie or Elliott would be ready to play a bigger role. We would also have some cap flexibility to go out and sign a decent Top 4 puck mover for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad