Improvements to North Station and TD Garden taking shape

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I haven’t been to the new Rafters, but I have gone to the ninth floor a couple of times or renovation, and I agree with this. I imagine the atmosphere is a little better, with more people and more beer, but being so far from the action made me wonder if I shouldn’t be watching from home.

It was nice, and they definitely made an effort to jazz up the place. But if you just want to see the game, I think the lower seats are a bit better. Given unlimited resources, I love the club seats. Great view, and they were the most comfortable seats pre-reno.

From 2003

southcoasttoday.com

WILMINGTON -- Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs said yesterday that his team's ticket prices are too high and he hopes the next collective bargaining agreement with players will keep them from rising again.

"Ticket prices are too darn high. Our prices are high. We've been chasing away the fans with it over the last couple of years" Jacobs said. "For every dollar that we've increased ticket prices we've spent more than two on a player.

"So we recognize we've got a problem. I hope that the commissioner in the next CBA is able to reach an agreement that allows us to stabilize the ticket prices and perhaps even lower them because I think we are chasing away a lot of our ticket base."

Jacobs' remarks came during an interview at the Bruins' annual media day. Three weeks earlier he spoke in Boston at a breakfast with owners John Henry of the Red Sox Wyc Grousbeck of the Celtics and Robert Kraft of the New England Patriots.

Before then it was believed that Jacobs a resident of Buffalo N.Y. hadn't given an interview with Boston media members for more than three years.

"I probably do regret that I'm not here more" Jacobs told reporters yesterday. "Boston is a spectacular community. The fans are passionate. Your media are passionate. You're a bunch of passionate people aren't you? You all look passionate to me."

He spoke with forthrightness and humor unexpected qualities from a businessman with a reputation of caring more about profits than his team's playoff success.

But Jacobs said that's a misconception. He isn't seen much at Bruins games because he usually sits in a luxury box he said.

"If I was downstairs I couldn't tolerate it" he said. "I have to be in a place I can walk around. Otherwise I'd go nuts."

The cost of going to a sporting event in 2019 is mind-boggling to those of us who are older.

In 1992 we were screaming about playoff prices

0172181d545b2e534f0667e9f4778e78.jpg

22 years earlier when the Bruins won the Cup at this game fans complained about the price

1970-May%2010%20Stanley%20Cup%20Game%20Ticket.jpg

TD Garden today is a far better building than it was when it opened 24 years ago. Bob Ryan famously dubbed the Fleet Center as the Chevy Chevette of the new buildings opening in the mid-'90s.

Back when the dinosaurs roamed ( late 60's - early 70's ) it was technically illegal in the City of Boston to bring a beer back to your seat. The Red Sox enforced that law - the Garden not so much.

But the Red Sox had a creative workaround as fans would buy popcorn megaphones then dump the popcorn and place the beer cups inside

upload_2019-12-9_2-36-40.jpeg

Both the Garden and Fenway installed TV monitors so fans could drink their beer in the concourse.

Today we now have fans happily paying to get inside the Garden to wind up watching the game on huge TVs and paying through the nose for beer.

I DON'T GET IT

Reactions: sooshii and Strafer

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
From 2003

southcoasttoday.com

WILMINGTON -- Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs said yesterday that his team's ticket prices are too high and he hopes the next collective bargaining agreement with players will keep them from rising again.

"Ticket prices are too darn high. Our prices are high. We've been chasing away the fans with it over the last couple of years" Jacobs said. "For every dollar that we've increased ticket prices we've spent more than two on a player.

"So we recognize we've got a problem. I hope that the commissioner in the next CBA is able to reach an agreement that allows us to stabilize the ticket prices and perhaps even lower them because I think we are chasing away a lot of our ticket base."

Jacobs' remarks came during an interview at the Bruins' annual media day. Three weeks earlier he spoke in Boston at a breakfast with owners John Henry of the Red Sox Wyc Grousbeck of the Celtics and Robert Kraft of the New England Patriots.

Before then it was believed that Jacobs a resident of Buffalo N.Y. hadn't given an interview with Boston media members for more than three years.

"I probably do regret that I'm not here more" Jacobs told reporters yesterday. "Boston is a spectacular community. The fans are passionate. Your media are passionate. You're a bunch of passionate people aren't you? You all look passionate to me."

He spoke with forthrightness and humor unexpected qualities from a businessman with a reputation of caring more about profits than his team's playoff success.

But Jacobs said that's a misconception. He isn't seen much at Bruins games because he usually sits in a luxury box he said.

"If I was downstairs I couldn't tolerate it" he said. "I have to be in a place I can walk around. Otherwise I'd go nuts."

The cost of going to a sporting event in 2019 is mind-boggling to those of us who are older.

In 1992 we were screaming about playoff prices

0172181d545b2e534f0667e9f4778e78.jpg

22 years earlier when the Bruins won the Cup at this game fans complained about the price

1970-May%2010%20Stanley%20Cup%20Game%20Ticket.jpg

TD Garden today is a far better building than it was when it opened 24 years ago. Bob Ryan famously dubbed the Fleet Center as the Chevy Chevette of the new buildings opening in the mid-'90s.

Back when the dinosaurs roamed ( late 60's - early 70's ) it was technically illegal in the City of Boston to bring a beer back to your seat. The Red Sox enforced that law - the Garden not so much.

But the Red Sox had a creative workaround as fans would buy popcorn megaphones then dump the popcorn and place the beer cups inside

View attachment 288725

Both the Garden and Fenway installed TV monitors so fans could drink their beer in the concourse.

Today we now have fans happily paying to get inside the Garden to wind up watching the game on huge TVs and paying through the nose for beer.

I DON'T GET IT

Sport has become a commodity, a form of entertainment much like anything else, a 'thing' to do or a social event. Cashed-up folks who are casual fans at best stream in to sporting events for a good time, some expensive booze, aimless chitty-chat and to take in a little of the action on the arena as it suits them. Meanwhile the true, hardcore fan, if they can afford to get in at all, is sitting up in some hard little plastic chair up near the rafters trying to spur their team on in the face of large sections of indifference in the rows beneath them.

It's the exact same here in Australia - people pay a lot of money to attend the Australian tennis open and then spend most of their day hanging out in a bar, or on the lawn, or in some marquee. If they're lucky they might see one full match at most.

I like how in Jacobs' interview he tries to casually deflect blame to the players for rising ticket prices, the one target he knows fans won't go after, and also openly admits he couldn't stand being 'downstairs' with the plebs to watch a game. Shameless.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

I DON'T GET IT

That confuses me to no end, too. I'm sure Legends has decent food. But can't you get good food elsewhere, when you're not paying to SEE A GAME?!?! Missing a faceoff to grab a beer and go to the bathroom - sure. Spending an intermission that invariably spills over into the better part of a period for "table service" at Legends? Nuh-uh. I guess that's what the suits do.

I actually understand this at Fenway, because baseball is so looooooong, and if you're a good superfan, you can pick a spot in the lineup where not much is liable to happen.

On the improvements, I think the actions have told us a TON about the priorities of the Garden. Squished seats, more beer options in the Garden? Check. Jumbotron and ice that won't kill the players? Nah.

Reactions: sooshii and Strafer

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Lechmere Station closure looming as Green Line extension moves forward - The Boston Globe

In order for the Green Line to get longer, it must first get a little shorter — for a little while.

The MBTA is closing the decrepit Lechmere station at the Green Line’s current northern terminus next spring while it builds a new station across Monsignor O’Brien Highway, meaning for the better part of a year the trolleys will end their run at North Station. The Science Park station will also be closed while the T conducts major repairs to the viaduct that carries the Green Line.

During construction — scheduled from May 2020 to April 2021— the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority will run shuttle buses between the old Lechmere location and North Station.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Bruins "Operating Income" (gross income minus expenses) was 62 million last year. They could drop prices if they wanted to and still make a pretty penny, but like all other billionaires it's about maximizing profits, and as long as the Bruins are (mostly) selling out at the current prices they have no reason to drop them. Instead they'll play the victim, and mouth a few words to appease the fanbase that they don't really mean.

I've seen the cost of a Bruins game in my lifetime go from a "casual night out" to "special occasions (b-days, xmas) to "it's not worth it, I'll just stay home and watch the game (maybe)."

Kinda sad really.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Lechmere Station closure looming as Green Line extension moves forward - The Boston Globe

In order for the Green Line to get longer, it must first get a little shorter — for a little while.

The MBTA is closing the decrepit Lechmere station at the Green Line’s current northern terminus next spring while it builds a new station across Monsignor O’Brien Highway, meaning for the better part of a year the trolleys will end their run at North Station. The Science Park station will also be closed while the T conducts major repairs to the viaduct that carries the Green Line.

During construction — scheduled from May 2020 to April 2021— the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority will run shuttle buses between the old Lechmere location and North Station.

@Gee Wally This will make my life a living hell

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Bruins "Operating Income" (gross income minus expenses) was 62 million last year. They could drop prices if they wanted to and still make a pretty penny, but like all other billionaires it's about maximizing profits, and as long as the Bruins are (mostly) selling out at the current prices they have no reason to drop them. Instead they'll play the victim, and mouth a few words to appease the fanbase that they don't really mean.

I've seen the cost of a Bruins game in my lifetime go from a "casual night out" to "special occasions (b-days, xmas) to "it's not worth it, I'll just stay home and watch the game (maybe)."

Kinda sad really.

You summed up pretty nicely while all of this bothers me so much.

It’d be one thing if these gigantic businesses were just honest and said “hey look, we are here to make as much money as possible”. But instead, there is blatantly false rhetoric presented as to how they somehow are doing things to help fans and “improve” the experience.

The outward facade that corporations present which has absolutely zero relation to the reality in how business is conducted is sick.

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
This won't end well

I wish public transit was subsidized, and ultimately purely funded, to the point that it was free to ride. Probably my most purely “communistic” standpoint.

That being said...while this is the current system, I’m all for enforcing that the system should be executed to its maximum effectiveness which means everyone is paying.

However...those fare gates better be WAAAAY faster than the ones to enter the T. It would just be resetting the issue during rush hour before North Station was expanded.

Many public transit systems around the country exclusively use the system where you buy a ticket and only have to show it on the off chance an officer gets on the train and asks for it. For both heavy AND light rail transportation methods. I’ve been in certain cities where this is every other ride and other cities where they seemingly NEVER check. Point is...even in 2019...both new and old public transit systems haven’t found a better way than this old and non-technological technique.

Let’s just hope that the state is prepared to adapt and evaluate this new system and give respect to the fact that convenience and an expedited process is (and should) be important to commuters. Neither the public or private sector are actually good at giving a shit about the plight of us minions, but I will remain hopeful.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I wish public transit was subsidized, and ultimately purely funded, to the point that it was free to ride. Probably my most purely “communistic” standpoint.

That being said...while this is the current system, I’m all for enforcing that the system should be executed to its maximum effectiveness which means everyone is paying.

However...those fare gates better be WAAAAY faster than the ones to enter the T. It would just be resetting the issue during rush hour before North Station was expanded.

Many public transit systems around the country exclusively use the system where you buy a ticket and only have to show it on the off chance an officer gets on the train and asks for it. For both heavy AND light rail transportation methods. I’ve been in certain cities where this is every other ride and other cities where they seemingly NEVER check. Point is...even in 2019...both new and old public transit systems haven’t found a better way than this old and non-technological technique.

Let’s just hope that the state is prepared to adapt and evaluate this new system and give respect to the fact that convenience and an expedited process is (and should) be important to commuters. Neither the public or private sector are actually good at giving a **** about the plight of us minions, but I will remain hopeful.

This is my take after riding on public transit for decades both in Boston and elsewhere.

Make buses FREE systemwide - the time lost on people paying on board isn't worth it - most will wind up going to a subway anyways and paying.

Boston is actually generous as they allow people with commuter rail passes to ride the subway for free - not the case in New York, Philly and Chicago.

But fare collection on the commuter rail is slipshod, especially during rush hour. A monthly pass from Lowell into Boston is now $340 - 25 years ago it was $112. But I have several friends who say their passes are almost never checked during rush hour. I know from living in Chicago that you always made sure you had a valid ticket but you could go weeks before anybody punched it. In New York the opposite is true - the conductors do check.

Streets in the inner core of Boston are now hopelessly clogged. Where 10 years ago you had 3,000 taxis you now have 60,000 Uber/Lyft drivers. We have Amazon drivers, DoorDash drivers, GrubHub drivers...............

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
This is my take after riding on public transit for decades both in Boston and elsewhere.

Make buses FREE systemwide - the time lost on people paying on board isn't worth it - most will wind up going to a subway anyways and paying.

Boston is actually generous as they allow people with commuter rail passes to ride the subway for free - not the case in New York, Philly and Chicago.

But fare collection on the commuter rail is slipshod, especially during rush hour. A monthly pass from Lowell into Boston is now $340 - 25 years ago it was $112. But I have several friends who say their passes are almost never checked during rush hour. I know from living in Chicago that you always made sure you had a valid ticket but you could go weeks before anybody punched it. In New York the opposite is true - the conductors do check.

Streets in the inner core of Boston are now hopelessly clogged. Where 10 years ago you had 3,000 taxis you now have 60,000 Uber/Lyft drivers. We have Amazon drivers, DoorDash drivers, GrubHub drivers...............

Sounds like we could meet quite nicely on lots of these ideas.

My one concern with making solely buses free is that you’re going to get truly poor folk exclusively riding the bus line because it’s entirely free. This would overload that system and only add to the issues at street level with others cars and trucks. At least this is my thought in theory.

Pretty amazing how little weight much of this country puts on the improvements and ultimate benefit of a good public transportation system. Lots of citizens and politicians complaining but hardly even considering ideas simply due to the fact that it costs money. Of course, it costs more and more as we do less and less.

Somehow we’ve been trained that “if it can’t earn a profit, it’s bad”. Of course this is a necessary mentality for a privately owned business, but public services aren’t concepts meant to produce profit. At their core, they are meant to provide a service. People will rip on outdated equipment, late arriving trains, overcrowded trains, rising ticket prices all day without even stopping to consider that the service sucks because we put so little money into it from a government dollar perspective when compared to other developed nations. Full privatization of the MBTA has been attempted and it failed. It’s not a service that will produce a profit, and the better off everyone will be when they realize this and really face the costs of upgrading and maintaining a good system.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

My one concern with making solely buses free is that you’re going to get truly poor folk exclusively riding the bus line because it’s entirely free. This would overload that system and only add to the issues at street level with others cars and trucks. At least this is my thought in theory.

Pretty amazing how little weight much of this country puts on the improvements and ultimate benefit of a good public transportation system. Lots of citizens and politicians complaining but hardly even considering ideas simply due to the fact that it costs money. Of course, it costs more and more as we do less and less.

Somehow we’ve been trained that “if it can’t earn a profit, it’s bad”. Of course this is a necessary mentality for a privately owned business, but public services aren’t concepts meant to produce profit. At their core, they are meant to provide a service. People will rip on outdated equipment, late arriving trains, overcrowded trains, rising ticket prices all day without even stopping to consider that the service sucks because we put so little money into it from a government dollar perspective when compared to other developed nations. Full privatization of the MBTA has been attempted and it failed. It’s not a service that will produce a profit, and the better off everyone will be when they realize this and really face the costs of upgrading and maintaining a good system.

The transit paradox

Public transit was a private business in the early 20th Century - In Boston, we had three companies and no standardization with the subway lines - the problem today is the T has no ability to interchange rolling stock between lines.

upload_2019-12-22_3-45-12.png

Chicago at least had the vision to build what they called the standard 'Loop' in the downtown core and thus all the lines had the same standards.

New York had 2 standards which today are the lettered lines and the numbered lines.

We all love our cars but the cost to park downtown is absurd and garages are vanishing.

When I was a kid back when the dinosaurs roamed we used to park at Lechmere for free and take the trolley into the Garden or if I was by myself my Dad would meet me at Lechmere. In an era of no cellphones, my Dad knew I would be at Lechmere 20 minutes after the game ended.

Back then North Station to Riverside was 28 minutes - Harvard to Park St was 8 minutes and it was reliable.

What I find tragically comical is Charlie Jacobs and Can Neely complain it takes too long to exit the TD Garden garage after a game when they don't pay a dime to park but their loyal fans pay $54.

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Sponsor
Aug 9, 2006
So the last official update from the Bruins/TD Garden regarding the abomination of the new arena seats came on 10/17 according to this: A message from TD Garden President | TD Garden. Looks like they did some stuff in the lower bowl to improve legroom. Are they even bothering to look at the balcony seats?

I find I don't even want to go to the games anymore as a STH. It's just too uncomfortable. I'm not a small guy by any means, but I'm not large enough where I would expect to not be able to fit in the seats. I find myself focusing so much on how uncomfortable I am - trying to squeeze my knees together so I don't crowd the people around me, sitting at awkward angles so my shoulders can fit, etc - that I don't even find I can pay attention to the game most of the time.

If they don't do anything, I really don't think I'll be renewing. It's just not worth the effort anymore to drive an hour (I drive from NH), pay for parking, etc. just to sit so uncomfortably. I may as well stay at home and watch from my couch. I've been fine with dealing with the steadily increasing prices and steadily decreasing benefits of being a STH over the years - it's the price of success, and I want the team to be successful - but this one is one that I just don't think I can overlook anymore. Adding an extra seat to my row and making the seats so uncomfortable is such a slap in the face to us STHs.

I've had people who usually go to the games with me flat out tell me they aren't going to go with me anymore specifically because of the seats.

Reactions: talkinaway

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Although I live in the country I would be (and I think a lot of people would be) more willing to spend tax money for transportation upgrades if we could be reasonably sure the projects would be completed on time and not over budget. I will give you an example almost literally in my own back yard- there is a small bridge on a state road about 1.5 miles away from where I live. The bridge was built in 1936 and had been upgraded several times. The State of CT allocated $ 3 million (!) for this small bridge- and most of that money went for surveys, consultants etc. 2 years ago. Construction finally began in September with a completion date of late November. It has not been re-opened yet. The company that won the contract screwed the job up and has to re-do it. Sure they're being fined $10,000 a day for failure to finish on time but in the meantime the bridge remains closed.

Bullshit like this is why so many people are opposed to these big projects. They invariably take much longer than projected and end up costing far more than they were budgeted for. And don't get me started on the financial corruption that almost always takes place. I bet at least 15% of the money for these massive projects ends up in the pockets of crooked politicians (but I repeat myself)

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Although I live in the country I would be (and I think a lot of people would be) more willing to spend tax money for transportation upgrades if we could be reasonably sure the projects would be completed on time and not over budget. I will give you an example almost literally in my own back yard- there is a small bridge on a state road about 1.5 miles away from where I live. The bridge was built in 1936 and had been upgraded several times. The State of CT allocated $ 3 million (!) for this small bridge- and most of that money went for surveys, consultants etc. 2 years ago. Construction finally began in September with a completion date of late November. It has not been re-opened yet. The company that won the contract screwed the job up and has to re-do it. Sure they're being fined $10,000 a day for failure to finish on time but in the meantime the bridge remains closed.

Bull**** like this is why so many people are opposed to these big projects. They invariably take much longer than projected and end up costing far more than they were budgeted for. And don't get me started on the financial corruption that almost always takes place. I bet at least 15% of the money for these massive projects ends up in the pockets of crooked politicians (but I repeat myself)

Bridges for some reason seem to be a major boondoggle

Reactions: BMC

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Bull**** like this is why so many people are opposed to these big projects. They invariably take much longer than projected and end up costing far more than they were budgeted for. And don't get me started on the financial corruption that almost always takes place. I bet at least 15% of the money for these massive projects ends up in the pockets of crooked politicians (but I repeat myself)

Yeah, but cost overruns (and sadly some degree of corruption) are the nature of both private business and public service. Kind of a “what are you gonna do?” situation IMO.

There is no perfect system. Anywhere. Period. But the pure neglect that goes on within American infrastructure because of a general resistance to taxation (this is as American as apple pie) along with fears (legitimate as they may be) of snags and cost overruns is crippling.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Sport has become a commodity, a form of entertainment much like anything else, a 'thing' to do or a social event. Cashed-up folks who are casual fans at best stream in to sporting events for a good time, some expensive booze, aimless chitty-chat and to take in a little of the action on the arena as it suits them. Meanwhile the true, hardcore fan, if they can afford to get in at all, is sitting up in some hard little plastic chair up near the rafters trying to spur their team on in the face of large sections of indifference in the rows beneath them.

It's the exact same here in Australia - people pay a lot of money to attend the Australian tennis open and then spend most of their day hanging out in a bar, or on the lawn, or in some marquee. If they're lucky they might see one full match at most.

I like how in Jacobs' interview he tries to casually deflect blame to the players for rising ticket prices, the one target he knows fans won't go after, and also openly admits he couldn't stand being 'downstairs' with the plebs to watch a game. Shameless.

The thing he says about “needing a place to walk around” is comically out of touch billionaire speak.

As if everyone wouldn’t want a place you could chill out and walk around if it was an option. The point is they are there to support their team and deal with the less than desirable conditions (and give you money) to do it.

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
That piece of video always makes me sad.

There is a dog in that car. A man incredibly attempts to rescue it but the dog is so petrified with fear he can't get it to leave the car.

Fortunately the man returns safely but the dog perishes in the collapse.

Reactions: dabid and BMC

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The thing he says about “needing a place to walk around” is comically out of touch billionaire speak.

As if everyone wouldn’t want a place you could chill out and walk around if it was an option. The point is they are there to support their team and deal with the less than desirable conditions (and give you money) to do it.

There is Papa on that dark night last June

upload_2019-12-23_7-15-19.png

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
So the last official update from the Bruins/TD Garden regarding the abomination of the new arena seats came on 10/17 according to this: A message from TD Garden President | TD Garden. Looks like they did some stuff in the lower bowl to improve legroom. Are they even bothering to look at the balcony seats?

I find I don't even want to go to the games anymore as a STH. It's just too uncomfortable. I'm not a small guy by any means, but I'm not large enough where I would expect to not be able to fit in the seats. I find myself focusing so much on how uncomfortable I am - trying to squeeze my knees together so I don't crowd the people around me, sitting at awkward angles so my shoulders can fit, etc - that I don't even find I can pay attention to the game most of the time.

If they don't do anything, I really don't think I'll be renewing. It's just not worth the effort anymore to drive an hour (I drive from NH), pay for parking, etc. just to sit so uncomfortably. I may as well stay at home and watch from my couch. I've been fine with dealing with the steadily increasing prices and steadily decreasing benefits of being a STH over the years - it's the price of success, and I want the team to be successful - but this one is one that I just don't think I can overlook anymore. Adding an extra seat to my row and making the seats so uncomfortable is such a slap in the face to us STHs.

I've had people who usually go to the games with me flat out tell me they aren't going to go with me anymore specifically because of the seats.

Honestly I think the Bruins cheer everytime a STH doenst renew. Its makes more money for them by having a long time STH leave (who have tickets at lower price) so they can add a new STH off the wait list at a higher price point. Bruins dont care about STH they just want to maximize money. If you leave they make more money.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Fair gates at south station would be a mess. I rode the old colony line for 8 years in total, and my pass was checked almost every time, every day. There are definitely gross winter days where the cars are just too packed to even move and the conductors dont bother, and i don’t blame them for it either.

No matter what system is used, people will find a way around it. Just make an honest effort to collect tickets on board and let’s get on with it

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Just last week here in Phoenix, the 202 South Mountain Loop opened to traffic. By utilizing a public-private partnership, they completed the project 3 years ahead of schedule and saved over 100 million dollars. It's possible to complete these projects on time and under budget, but those in charge have to be committed to the projects, and not their own wallets. The weather here does help too.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston

I live right best leachmere. The Cambridge crossing construction is in full swing and the T supports are up in some places. It's progressing nicely. It'll be awesome when it's done.

And in the garden the new bar behind my sending (301) behind row 15 is awesome. I walk up the isle after a period, beer lines are small, plenty of places to stand fording intermission and the bathroom lines are definitely shorter. The bar is also cool with the bruins boards and parquet top

Also fwiw if you look out the window at the new grand entrance you can see the old garden faceoff dots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad