Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
One of the main arguments for having knockout instead of two-legged format is about making games more exciting, forcing the teams to have a winning posture instead of a too conservative approach.

Personally, I've seen many knockout games which have been subpar, where both teams hold back, like many MLS finals.

Are there any Bologna FC followers that can explain why Dzemaili 2.0 has been such a bust?

His transfer value is gone, might as well get him back no?

Why should they get a guy in his 30's who's been sucking, and doesnt like it here though?

I'd like IMFC to join MLS 2018, I want them to invest in young prospects they can sell afterwards. But it's a small team, with a small owner, and small mentality. Right now they're still competing in MLS 2012.

At least Legendre is gone. ENFIN, bon débarras.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I am currently studying in Bologna and have been to a few games but he has been awful :( not sure why but his play has dropped. Would not mind seeing him back in the 514 though!

He's probably quite unhappy that he broke up with his wife.

Personally I liked Legendre, he was very often the one sent to the wolves to answer tough questions instead of Joey. It's not his fault that he had to wear too many hats.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Are there any Bologna FC followers that can explain why Dzemaili 2.0 has been such a bust?

His transfer value is gone, might as well get him back no?

He liked Montreal. I'll take him, he's just tired of playing all these games back to back, he's never injured and doesn't rest. He's played a good WorldCup. Blerim's left foot is better than all of Impact's midfield combined even when he sucks.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Juninho is a guy we could've used. Is Aketxe already gone? Is Vasquez on his way out?

Yes to both. Jonathan Osorio's been rumored to go to Independiente Medellín, an okay Colombian club on a loan (but they are having a good season,, in the SF currently for the Closure season) , where Zambrano is the coach. We'll see if he goes there but it's a downgrade from TFC and MLS as a whole. On paper, Atlético Nacional, Cali, Junior and Tolima are the best clubs. Anyway, maybe why they're looking to bring in Juninho.

I also heard there's a possibility that they sell Bradley and giovinco already signed an extension. They're just waiting before announcing.

Edit : Nevermind, totally forgot that DIM are playing the Copa Libertadores next year. Maybe why they want to bring in Osorio, huge test for him and good news for our NT.

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Personally I liked Legendre, he was very often the one sent to the wolves to answer tough questions instead of Joey. It's not his fault that he had to wear too many hats.

I have a hard time seeing this guy as an innocent good guy who was a victim of circumstances. He's been a lobbyist/politician ever since leaving tennis... being thrown to the wolves was his job... his whole post sports career was about lying and manipulating people as he did with IMFC.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
NDS is too young to have daughters my age or close enough. Dammit! I could have gotten away with a plane flying a "We hate our fans - Joey Saputo" banner if I married into NDS's family.

Make Arranged Marriage Great Again

If only we knew what type of ice cream his daughters like..

*hears the FBI knocking on my door*

Does the Saputo family have any daughters our age though? What about NDS, does he have sisters? Cousins? ;(

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

So he basically just said congrats to Gignac on his new long term contract and that he 'll see him soon. So now people think he'll join Tigres. A duo of Altidore-Gignac would tear apart whole America (South America included).

Now Taylor is saying :

Enner Valencia :(

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I have a hard time seeing this guy as an innocent good guy who was a victim of circumstances. He's been a lobbyist/politician ever since leaving tennis... being thrown to the wolves was his job... his whole post sports career was about lying and manipulating people as he did with IMFC.

It has been written a few times recently with the death of Premier Ministre Landry, but were it not for Legendre when he was a rookie Sports Minister at l'Assemblée Nationale, the Impact would have died 15 years ago. Landry asked Legendre to do everything in his power to keep the Impact alive, as a few pro teams (Nordiques, Expos) had moved or were in trouble in the province in those years. The Government of Québec, with Hydro-Québec in its trail, saved and funded the team when it needed it the most.

I was 12 at the time, so I'll be honest, I do not remember anything else that Legendre did as a politician, but to say he lied his whole career is farfetched, to say the least. I know it's a trendy thing to complain and be cynical, but if you're about to throw mud, I think it's only normal that you back up your claims. What exactly during his political career made him an asshole? What did he do exactly that pissed you off?

He had a tough job with the Impact, he did what he could with the few resources he had, and again I won't blame the guy for having too much responsibilities given to him. He was certainly not perfect in his tenure, the mess with the 131 and the price hikes (hikes were justified, but the way it was done lacked sensibility) are recent events that come to mind, but he did help the team grow in the past ten years. It isn't factually wrong to claim that IMFC grew the most out of all the sports team in Québec in the past decade.

Reactions: TRG

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Wow Marco Fabian. Pure playmaker. Idk Boudebouz much (never saw him play or followed his career) but I know for a fact that Fabian is very injury prone so shouldn't have high demands and probably a better player than the former. He could've had a better career. Frankfurt could let him go for free. This will be a huge marketing coup for Saputo if he gets a Mexican international in his prime (Marco Fabian is a huge name in Mexico).

If we are linked with him, I can confidently say it's a good sign that they know we desperately need a high caliber #10 to even think about playoffs.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
It has been written a few times recently with the death of Premier Ministre Landry, but were it not for Legendre when he was a rookie Sports Minister at l'Assemblée Nationale, the Impact would have died 15 years ago. Landry asked Legendre to do everything in his power to keep the Impact alive, as a few pro teams (Nordiques, Expos) had moved or were in trouble in the province in those years. The Government of Québec, with Hydro-Québec in its trail, saved and funded the team when it needed it the most.

I was 12 at the time, so I'll be honest, I do not remember anything else that Legendre did as a politician, but to say he lied his whole career is farfetched, to say the least. I know it's a trendy thing to complain and be cynical, but if you're about to throw mud, I think it's only normal that you back up your claims. What exactly during his political career made him an *******? What did he do exactly that pissed you off?

He had a tough job with the Impact, he did what he could with the few resources he had, and again I won't blame the guy for having too much responsibilities given to him. He was certainly not perfect in his tenure, the mess with the 131 and the price hikes (hikes were justified, but the way it was done lacked sensibility) are recent events that come to mind, but he did help the team grow in the past ten years. It isn't factually wrong to claim that IMFC grew the most out of all the sports team in Québec in the past decade.

Yeah he apparently he saved the Impact. I've said it before though... Even though I've been following IMFC on and off ever since they existed (yes I'm that old ), It's just because it's the only pro team here. If it wasnt Joey, someone else would've wanted to exploit the soccer market here. So sorry, je saigne pas bleu-blanc-noir, and how Joey has done things over the years was to make sure that everytime I though he was going to do things right, he shitted the bed, ex: FC Montreal. Actually, I cant wait for Alex Bunbury to bring a team to the region, day 1 season ticket holder right here.

But yeah, he was a sports minister, not finances or something so no one really cares what he did as a politician. I have nothing to say about him other than what we all saw with IMFC. I dislike him, his choices, and his class.

I was already a young adult when Legendre was sports Minister, I remember Bernard Landry's government very well. I actually was very into politics at the time... even studied poli-sci at UQAM for abit. Much of my cynism today comes from what I learned by being so into politics for many years. Nowadays, yes, I've became an old cynic about "politics", I fully embrace that.

(edit: weird, i copy pasted from the end to the middle, the font changed and I cant revert it.)

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I can't say I consider that one a rumor, but speculation.

Yeah, there's been renewed speculation about Marco Fabian's future in the sports press recently and Nilton picked up on that. I hope people dont treat this as a rumor.

If he comes to MLS, it wont be to come to Canada.

FYI to anyone interested, the big historical Libertadores final between Boca and River is on in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad