Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
And so it begins. Every off-season we’re linked to at least 10 players.

Which player was it again who pretty much was confirmed this summer only for his signing to be canceled because of him sleeping with a teammate’s wife?

Jimmy F*ckboy

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Gabriel Fernandez, CF from Penarol (Uruguay's top club) is linked with Dallas and MTL. Also many teams from Spain and Italy.

Can't trust a player with no Wikipedia page in English. As long as they don't take the Uruguyan winger with the long ass name that plays in MX as 'Silva's backup' and waste an international spot I'm good.

Anyway, I expect 3 new names by the end of this week. After the Jimmy f*ckboy saga we can't trust none of them till we see them at YUL alongside NDS.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Do you guys have any news for Maxime Crépeau ? Whats going on with him ?

I cant find my source, but I remember Garde telling the media recently that Crépeau had reitirated his desire to have starting minutes, to what Garde was like
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He was agreeing Crépeau needed to be playing at his age, but hinting that it wouldnt be here... ever. So, same stance as last winter, they're telling him to find himself another team.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Dude looks like a physical beast, made for MLS. Only 24 too.

13 goals in 36 games this year, having a tough closing tournament, but absolutely shattered the opening one (9 goals 4 assists in 12 games).

Edit: Scratch that, it's the opposite, having a tremendous closing tournament.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
And so it begins. Every off-season we’re linked to at least 10 players.

Which player was it again who pretty much was confirmed this summer only for his signing to be canceled because of him sleeping with a teammate’s wife?
At least the rumor wheel has started in the middle of november and not 2 weeks before training camp.

Reactions: Dominator13

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
You laugh, but it was probably the second biggest nationality in my MSc Finance programme at a top notch program. The first being... Chinese, of course.

Yeah most south eastern euros chose finance, accounting, tax, law once they come into north america. I was just making a small link with Greece being a country with very horrible history with their own money

Reactions: ArtPeur

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yeah most south eastern euros chose finance, accounting, tax, law once they come into north america. I was just making a small link with Greece being a country with very horrible history with their own money

I know haha, we kept bugging them about it in Edinburgh. The Germans were especially salty about it.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Ooooh I like it.

But not for 10 million Euros. That's a no. I would spend that much on a South American prospect. 5-6million for him should be enough. He would be a top 5 player in MLS

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Ooooh I like it.

But not for 10 million Euros. That's a no. I would spend that much on a South American prospect. 5-6million for him should be enough. He would be a top 5 player in MLS

Forgot about Vela, Rooney, Pity, Ibra. More like a top 10 player in MLS but a top 3 CAM on paper.

David Villa will likely become a free agent, he wants to play ONE more year but NYC wants to move on. Smells just like Robbie Keane a few years ago with LAG and NYC may become a disaster. Anyway, considering he's about to start a USL team in Queens and running an academy there, I would think he would wanna stay in MLS or at least closer to NYC. Following this logic, we would compete with Philly for his services.

Sign him one year 3,5 Mil deal, unless he pulls a Drogba and starts playing in USL too for his own team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese