Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
So fans attacked Boca's bus prior to the Libertadores final, match postponed for tomorrow.

How can such a great football country have such a shit league and be such an ongoing gong show.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Joey wants to inherit the Big O

*sigh*

I bet he's going to complain that he pays too much taxes again afterwards. At the same time, he won't have to "loan" that place anymore.

Fabian to Atlanta makes sense if Almiron leaves

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Buenos Aires
So fans attacked Boca's bus prior to the Libertadores final, match postponed for tomorrow.

How can such a great football country have such a **** league and be such an ongoing gong show.
two big teams in the same city. that is what real rivalries are like.

"Three years ago, a Copa Libertadores last-16 tie between River and Boca at the latter's La Bombonera ground was abandoned at half-time after Boca fans attacked the River players with pepper spray in the tunnel."

the game is postponned by 24hrs. more action to come.. :sarcasm:

Boca Juniors v River Plate in Copa Libertadores final postponed after bus attack

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Davies is such a blessing to Canada, he will grow the game by himself. Alright, back to being passed out drunk on my couch.

Reactions: ArtPeur

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

What I have been saying since August..

But all the remaining teams have one thing in common, number 10s and above average DM. Gotta spend big bucks in the midfield.

Last edited:

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Thread is gold.

This is what is all about in soccer, hell even hockey.

I’m coaching a team - they’re mostly in their late teens/early 20s among them players that have passed through impact academy - and I can confirm teaching them to occupy open space/run into space is the most difficult concept to teach. It’s a so simple concept yet so difficult to apply. Talented soccer players want the ball. They don’t understand off ball movement.

Reactions: HabsHater9000

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Alright, "time to call Bologna" 2019

I have a suspicion Garde is looking to get Destro on loan.

Reactions: TRG

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Wouldn’t mind Baggio. Reasonably priced CM depth and has a dual citinzenship, wouldn’t take and int spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad