Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Had to wipe my eyes out quite a few times till I clicked on the link and it said good season on a bad team. It made more sense then, they cant be part of XI if we include the good teams but next to SJ sure they are worthy:laugh:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
This account has been reliable shutting down stuff in the past

Told you. Do we really need a twitter account to tell us it's fake when we all know IMFC will never pay 10M€ for a player? Especially one that age.

It's the fake rumors time of year, and the Nilton Jorge fake news agregator will be at full steam.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Excellent news, the season is too long for no reason with too many holes.

I always thought that MLS season should start the week after the SuperBowl and players should report to training camp in the 1st full week of January.

I was fine with 2 legs playoffs. Anyway it would make no difference for this team, we won't see a home playoff game until at least 2023.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
They should have kept the 2 legs playoffs format though. This basically means that the 7th team makes the playoffs but is pretty much guaranteed not to have a home game even if they win the cup.

Yeah, I think it should be 2 legs with less games during the reg. season. 34 games is way too much for MLS with all the traveling and changing seasons.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
We all know they don't have 10M but he can come here on a loan. He probably makes around 1,5-2M Euros a year and not in Betis' plans from the looks of it. Pay his salary in its entirety with a small loan fee. It's not much for a DP.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Great news. Enjoy your retirement Richard.

I don’t like the changes announced for MLS. 7 teams is a f***ing odd number. Getting rid of 2 legs I also don’t like. Starting in February means either more games at Olympic Stadium or playing even more games away to start the season.

The MLS season is not too long compared to European leagues. They start in August and finish in May. Barely 2.5 months off-season. In MLS you have basically more than 4 months off-season if you don’t participate in the playoffs.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Yeah they could have just condensated the schedule a bit more with more wednesday games without changing the whole thing.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Soccer schedules are pretty hard to make with all the international games, champions league, country cup tournament, in-season friendlies and whatnot.

Take the european leagues as an example. They had a regular season game, then champions league games, then international back to back games and the EPL even has two parallel tournaments consisting of all english teams and just next w-e they’re back to regular games

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Two-legged playoffs are the only thing that makes sense in soccer. If they want to change that, they might as well get rid of the playoffs altogether.
I can't envision a playoff format without two legs. What's the use of playoffs then?

On the other hand, having league championship with relegation would be intense. Although, there's less hope for teams like us.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
The problem is with knockout only type of games, a team that's 7th and manages to be the 'underdog' all throughout the playoffs by reaching the Cup finals won't host a single game before their fans. I thought it was brillant that they stopped applying the away goal rules in Extra Time as well as adding a 4th sub but if they really do abolish the 2 legs format, fanbases, hype and growth of many teams will suffer.

Take a look 2 years ago in the derby playoffs series, the 1st leg alone brought 61k in attendance in which im sure many of them became imfc fans or started to pay more attention to the team. Imagine if FC Dallas wins the SS and are on the finals next year, we'll be subjected to watch games in that empty stadium of theirs. I'm sure there are other examples..

Although I agree that the season is too long (because finishing in December is way too late) and there's too much gaps in between playoffs games which kills the vibe of playoff intensity, 2 legs are how a bigger audience could attend to games. I'm fine with playing more away games in February. We always play less home games in March-April. It would simply mean 2-3 more games earlier than usual. Not big of a difference. More games in Wednesday will just be terrible in terms of attendances and TV ratings.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

NDS or the Greek guy whoever, they know what to do. I'd take him in a heartbeat. 700k for a year.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I spotted Kyle Fisher filming the winter near the Nutrilait Center on his IG Stories (9 hours ago)

The Price is Right

Jul 3, 2008
Are there any Bologna FC followers that can explain why Dzemaili 2.0 has been such a bust?

His transfer value is gone, might as well get him back no?

I am currently studying in Bologna and have been to a few games but he has been awful :( not sure why but his play has dropped. Would not mind seeing him back in the 514 though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad