Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Martinez and BWP say hi

In that case, what you're saying is obvious. Waste of a post. It clearly said 'on peut' which means possibility of going that far without a big #9. This team will not sign a big calibre CF, get real. This B grade team can't follow NYRB and Atlanta's model. They are run by Red bull and Home Depot. They spent millions this year alone. We don't have the ressources and they don't even use Bologna scouts. We ought to follow the SKC's and Portland's.

Selfish af but Bologna's downfall may lead to see a few players with Impact next year.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Ds9VaYPXoAAK5cx.jpg:large

Raitala also had an option that was automatically renewed at the end of the year.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
So they renewed players they intend on trading/selling. Crepeau is off to Vancouver. Cabrera and Vargas will leave the club. The only little surprise is Azira coming back.

As for the French oldies, quite alarming that you rely on 36 yo defenders and hope to resign not one but the both of them. In an ideal scenario, Fanni should serve as #3 CB next year. letting go Fisher is a mistake. At least, Jukka is staying.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Glad to see Roitala back. Expecting to see Cabrera and Crépeau go. Don't know about Vargas.

I would honestly let Sagna go and look for a younger alternative, but seeing how this club can't find players for shit, it's better to have an old Sagna than some scrub back there.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

So Steffen at Man City (as 2nd GK), Davies to Bayern, Tyler Adams to RB Leipzig, Almiron to one of Tottenham/Arsenal/Newcastle in one off season?

Fisher's departure make less and less sense.

Last edited:

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010

So Steffen at Man City (as 2nd GK), Davies to Bayern, Tyler Adams to RB Leipzig, Almiron to one of Tottenham/Arsenal/Newcastle in one off season?

Fisher's departure make less and less sense.

He did badly re-injure an already bad injury (fracture stress of the tibia). Maybe he’s done..

Reactions: JunglePete

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Pretty sure Filosa said on twitter than it was very likely that Fisher would retire due to injuries and study at a uni in Montreal

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Right now we basically have 0 strikers. Mancosu is out, Amarikwa is a UFA, Salazar is out and Jackson is likely being transferring somewhere in Europe.

I have a feeling a loan agreement for Daestro is about to be announced very soon. He's not playing much in Bologna and Garde was there this week with Saputo.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Right now we basically have 0 strikers. Mancosu is out, Amarikwa is a UFA, Salazar is out and Jackson is likely being transferring somewhere in Europe.

I have a feeling a loan agreement for Daestro is about to be announced very soon. He's not playing much in Bologna and Garde was there this week with Saputo.

I thought he was much better, like legit Serie A striker

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
sign the kid. Celtic is no lightweight and only 18. Get rid of the 2 other backup RBs, one of them being someone I really can't stand.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I thought he was much better, like legit Serie A striker

He is. I'm down to see him here but will he come here? He's only 27, 28 next March.

They'll probably sign Palacio at the end of the season and call it a day. If they get relegated, it's an entire different situation.

Pretty sure Filosa said on twitter than it was very likely that Fisher would retire due to injuries and study at a uni in Montreal

Yeh prob, but I read he refused to get loaned to Ottawa saying he's too old/good for USL and that if he can't get another MLS offer he'll enroll at ConU. We'll see. Talented CB.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Seba isn't going anywhere.

is he serious? Does he not know loans exist and a new Canadian league is on its way? You don't need a reserve team to sign young players :facepalm:
He can't be worse to Duvall and Petrasso.

Competent team. Watch him get first team minutes by next season if he ends up there. Better for his growth too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad