Impact Thread : Goodbye Ale-Alejandro Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
that would be nice if IMFC could get Mattias Svanberg from Bologna FC ...another young prospect with good potential

At this rate, things can get really captivating. He can be a loanee should Bologna get relegated.

This is a graphic of Bologna payroll (from 2016 but it gives you an idea)

9u87fa.png

You know Piatti's salary gives Joey PTSD.

I'm certain if Bologna gets relegated to Serie B, I personally would like to see a Camacho-González swap.:naughty: He knows the league already. Since Donsah is already being tracked by top tier teams I'd like a Pulgar (one of the few players from Chile that I respect) or a Nagy, probably not good enough as a Serie A starter but would tear apart in MLS:nod:. Never watched Nagy or Donsah play but what you read is enough. This will make up for the Mancosus, Boldors and other names we don't want to remember, flops of this team.

In other news, Ozzie goes to Minnesota, he'll elevate Minnesota, they need it. Seattle had to save up $ and a DP spot.

+ getting Boca goalie, 23 yo. Having seen a few Boca games, he is a solid GK but not made to play for a top tier team in SA. They'll destroy you apart. He lacks some confidence. Minnesota will do him good. He's certainly not better than Blake, Melia, Rimando or Steffen (yet) but he is better on paper than Bush or guys like Crepeau/MacMath.

They'll be dangerous this year.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
For me, the big turnover happened last off-season. We couldn't expect the same this year. Not all of the changes panned out, but there was a lot of positives after the season ended.

But it's not like the team has been inactive. Urruti and Novillo. They're bringing back Sagna, who was not there at the start of last season and was a positive addition when he came on board. There is also Diallo. Barring another injury to hold him back, him starting the year is like a brand new addition. I'm sure some of the Academy players will get some more playing time. Also, every other day, we're hearing a new center forward linked to IMFC. One of them is bound to be true.

I'm really looking forward to this season. Last year, there was a lot of adjusting. This season, most players are familiar with each other and the coaching staff.

The Impact improved at the CF position, but lost a quality RW. Novillo is a question mark to me. Okwonkwo is intriguing and could provide a little more depth on the wing but his loan/transfer is far from being done. Fingers crossed that Diallo comes back as strong as he was in the pre-season last year and that Camacho improves his decision making defensively. The team lost their best defender in Fanni. This really feels like status quo to me.

Reactions: dinodebino

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Spending $12M on a goalie for an MLS team is a bit stupid imo

Agreed, but they won't. It's only an option at the end of the loan in July 2020. They drafted a Canadian GK 2 days ago 5th I think, their plan may be to give him minutes in USL so he gets ready in a year and half.

If they really want him, best case scenario they negotiate for a much lower fee. Great addition for MLS and the twin cities.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl

Davies played the final of the Telekom Cup friendlies against Munchengladbach and looked like good ol' Phonzy, netmegging D's and tracking back to tackle wingers... with his speed he caused what shouldve been a penalty but it wasnt called.

These were 45 min games, Davies went the full 45 on the right wing.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Kinda shitty winter transfer period eh? They downgrade on D, downgrade on the wings, get a small false 9 who doesnt fit with how the team plays... oh and some guy who wasnt good enough in Malaysa, but is friends with Remi.

Do IMFC still have Azira? I thought his contract was ending at the end of the season or something, and it doesnt look like IMFC are looking for reinforcements in midfield.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010

Davies played the final of the Telekom Cup friendlies against Munchengladbach and looked like good ol' Phonzy, netmegging D's and tracking back to tackle wingers... with his speed he caused what shouldve been a penalty but it wasnt called.

Feels unreal seeing Davies there. I will definitely follow Bayern more closely.

I went to one of their homegames when I was in Germany in 2017. Absolutely incomparable soccer atmosphere

Reactions: ShaMu

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

I watched a small promo video for him on Bayern's twitter, they had him listed as "Alphonso Davies - striker". Wonder if it's a mistake or if they truly see him that way.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Do IMFC still have Azira? I thought his contract was ending at the end of the season or something, and it doesnt look like IMFC are looking for reinforcements in midfield.
Yeah they activated his option, I think it's about a 10k raise...no brainer, he's our 3rd best mid.

Reactions: ShaMu

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Kinda ****ty winter transfer period eh? They downgrade on D, downgrade on the wings, get a small false 9 who doesnt fit with how the team plays... oh and some guy who wasnt good enough in Malaysa, but is friends with Remi.

small false 9? Urruti is not small and is our best CF in years. Everyone was complaining last year and the year before about a lack of striker now we get one who's proven and he isn't good enough. Urruti will take some pressure off Piatti. Mancosu couldn't. The only thing that bothers me with Urruti is his salary but if he's a DP, it's not a problem.
We all want an engine like Cavani or a target forward like Falcao or a finisher like Higuain but it won't happen, this year at least. Let's wait and see what he's got before crucifying him.

Same with Novillo, this is his last chance as a pro player at a reasonable level. He knows it and Garde knows it. Plus we'll get Orji. Drafted a #10, this is a decent transfer window imo. Just the unfortunate departures of Silva and Fisher, each for specific reasons. Diallo may make us forget about Fanni. I'd keep Cabrera just in case.... again. Too thin at CB.

Only thing that worries is depth in midfield, but it would take just ONE of Krolicki, Sejdic, Choiniere, Shome, Vargas to really blow up and we'll be in a comfortable position. Just a matter of young players seizing on their opportunity.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Honestly, what I'm most intrigued about this year is seeing how the academy kids fare with the first team. Maybe that's what Rémi is banking on to provide depth and improvements from last year.

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl

Yeah, that move was sweet but then he sent it into the stands. Itll come.
He won a couple other duels. He looked like the best player on the pitch, though im a little biased.

It's cool that they had him as the one to lift the trophy.

I watched a small promo video for him on Bayern's twitter, they had him listed as "Alphonso Davies - striker". Wonder if it's a mistake or if they truly see him that way.

Nah, he's really been training as a winger and I'm sure they have him in as a one of the replacement for "Robbery". Both are injured right now actually, so he'll most likely get some minutes against Hoffenheim Friday.

Feels unreal seeing Davies there. I will definitely follow Bayern more closely.

I went to one of their homegames when I was in Germany in 2017. Absolutely incomparable soccer atmosphere

Yeah, I imagine. I have to go there one day... and now that Davies is there, it might be sooner than later.

It's actually the third time I follow Bayern Munich because of a player. First time was Owen Hargreaves but it wasnt as easy 15 years ago. Then it was for my man Vidal, and now for Davies. I'm pretty much a Bayern Munich fan by now, and have been rooting for them in CL for years. Davies will have me get the merch now.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
small false 9? Urruti is not small and is our best CF in years. Everyone was complaining last year and the year before about a lack of striker now we get one who's proven and he isn't good enough. Urruti will take some pressure off Piatti. Mancosu couldn't. The only thing that bothers me with Urruti is his salary but if he's a DP, it's not a problem.
We all want an engine like Cavani or a target forward like Falcao or a finisher like Higuain but it won't happen, this year at least. Let's wait and see what he's got before crucifying him.

Same with Novillo, this is his last chance as a pro player at a reasonable level. He knows it and Garde knows it. Plus we'll get Orji. Drafted a #10, this is a decent transfer window imo. Just the unfortunate departures of Silva and Fisher, each for specific reasons. Diallo may make us forget about Fanni. I'd keep Cabrera just in case.... again. Too thin at CB.

Only thing that worries is depth in midfield, but it would take just ONE of Krolicki, Sejdic, Choiniere, Shome, Vargas to really blow up and we'll be in a comfortable position. Just a matter of young players seizing on their opportunity.
You're.... positive......

Who are you and what have you done with JP?

Reactions: ArtPeur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad