Impact Thread : Goodbye Ale-Alejandro Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Just get it over with and skip to the winter mercato of 2020.
i7OY8TH.png

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Ça sent bon pour Legault!

And Vargas' transfer is far from done so he might be training with the team at the beginning of camp, while Jackson could move before it even starts. Martineau says there are a few leads in his case.

Not really helping, the Canadian guys get dumped, and we still lack international spots.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Legault was in the French system, he has that going for him in the coaches eyes.

From what i've seen in a handfull of international games, I think he might soon become a regular fullback for the NT. Personally, if he's going to come here as a commodity for IMFC, to sit on the bench till the Canadian Championship and then sit on the bench after that for the rest of the season, i'd much rather he play somewhere where he'd get a real opportunity.

He's at an age where he needs to play successive games, get in the rythm of being a regular at the pro level.

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
yet another season where we are going to suck

nothing exciting added + lost Silva. Guess I'm not going to a game til 2020

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
You really anxious to see how they replace Piatti?

Itll probably be something like Remi telling the press how the depth signing were paid thanks to the money released by Piatti's salary.

Meh, we have no TAM or GAM this year, pretty much an involuntary transition year. We'll have options by then. And I wouldn't mind if they actually wait until summer 2020 to bring in the proper replacement.

Ideally, we'd replace Piatti during winter, but the last thing I want is for them to sign someone because they have to and it turns out to be a dud that no one in Europe wants.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Ça sent bon pour Legault!

And Vargas' transfer is far from done so he might be training with the team at the beginning of camp, while Jackson could move before it even starts. Martineau says there are a few leads in his case.

this is a guy who goes clubbing the day before the most crucial match of his team. I understand that he knew he wouldn't be playing, but you can't be an international player and nonchalant :laugh:, At least he learned some French I gotta give him that. I say loan him to Universidad for a year and see how it goes. Nothing to lose.

Cool guy and he did say back in July to me that he had NO interest in returning to Europe. Quite insane that only a few months later he was MVP + won his team the MLS cup. I had doubts in his first season because his goals were relatively easy, but he turned it around and became decisive in his 2nd year. Props to him, he deserves 5mil+. Hopefully, I bump into Piatti or Urruti this year somewhere and bless him with my good luck charm .....
yet another season where we are going to suck

nothing exciting added + lost Silva. Guess I'm not going to a game til 2020

You're more pessimist than JP at the start of 2017. (That year we had a pathetic team).
What if Novillo blows up and becomes Piatti on the right side?

Lovitz is training in US camp already, Raitala is always solid, Sagna by far our best RB will play a full season, Bush played his best year ever.

Camacho-Diallo-Cabrera are risks but whoever is the best will win the spot.

Potato gained in maturity, hopefully he will take more risks and practiced his passing this winter. Piatti will have less pressure because of Urruti.

Idk I'm not expecting a strong year in the standings but I'm excited to see what the young players have to offer. The team is set up for them to take over. It's the most optimistic I've been with this team in years. What worries me is depth and the level of Diallo/Camacho.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Meh, we have no TAM or GAM this year, pretty much an involuntary transition year. We'll have options by then. And I wouldn't mind if they actually wait until summer 2020 to bring in the proper replacement.

Ideally, we'd replace Piatti during winter, but the last thing I want is for them to sign someone because they have to and it turns out to be a dud that no one in Europe wants.

Joey isn't stupid and we aren't stupid. he knows that Piatti is the MVP of this team and that he'll lose more than half of ticket holders if he doesn't properly replace him. Expect a big name coming to Montreal next year, mark my words. I'm talking about Falcao, Benzema, HBA, Ribery, Payet, A.Gomez. Falcao is for sure coming to MLS one day, I know Columbus has been after him. He speaks french already hopefully that'll convince him... HBA seems fixated with the idea of staying in Europe. Hell, I'd be delighted with Yimmi Chara/E.Valencia.

who's potato?

the best Canadian player since Patrick Leduc and Alex Surprenant.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Legault was in the French system, he has that going for him in the coaches eyes.

From what i've seen in a handfull of international games, I think he might soon become a regular fullback for the NT. Personally, if he's going to come here as a commodity for IMFC, to sit on the bench till the Canadian Championship and then sit on the bench after that for the rest of the season, i'd much rather he play somewhere where he'd get a real opportunity.

He's at an age where he needs to play successive games, get in the rythm of being a regular at the pro level.

Sagna is not getting any younger, if Legault has the level to play in MLS, Garde won't be afraid to use him and rest his vet.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
this is a guy who goes clubbing the day before the most crucial match of his team. I understand that he knew he wouldn't be playing, but you can't be an international player and nonchalant :laugh:, At least he learned some French I gotta give him that. I say loan him to Universidad for a year and see how it goes. Nothing to lose.

Cool guy and he did say back in July to me that he had NO interest in returning to Europe. Quite insane that only a few months later he was MVP + won his team the MLS cup. I had doubts in his first season because his goals were relatively easy, but he turned it around and became decisive in his 2nd year. Props to him, he deserves 5mil+. Hopefully, I bump into Piatti or Urruti this year somewhere and bless him with my good luck charm .....

You're more pessimist than JP at the start of 2017. (That year we had a pathetic team).
What if Novillo blows up and becomes Piatti on the right side?

Lovitz is training in US camp already, Raitala is always solid, Sagna by far our best RB will play a full season, Bush played his best year ever.

Camacho-Diallo-Cabrera are risks but whoever is the best will win the spot.

Potato gained in maturity, hopefully he will take more risks and practiced his passing this winter. Piatti will have less pressure because of Urruti.

Idk I'm not expecting a strong year in the standings but I'm excited to see what the young players have to offer. The team is set up for them to take over. It's the most optimistic I've been with this team in years. What worries me is depth and the level of Diallo/Camacho.

Also, not many teams improved in the East. Lots of time left in the mercato, but not many teams can boast to have a great mercato thus far.

Reactions: JunglePete

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Also, not many teams improved in the East. Lots of time left in the mercato, but not many teams can boast to have a great mercato thus far.

This.

NYCFC have failed to find a successor to David Villa (huge mistake to let him go) unless I missed something? Whoever they get will be a huge downgrade.

Orlando lost Yotun. Cincinnati will need many games before they gel.
Philly, NE didn't get better. RB didn't as well and lost Tyler adams.

We got a reliable #9, main part of the puzzle that was missing. A better starting XI compared to last year before the 1st game and we narrowly lost or tied the first few games.

Meh, we'll be good.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
For anyone who'd like to see what Legault is like, here's a video of him with Canada u20 at the Toulon tournament vs Portugal u20.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl

Yeah, well MLS has the downside of having it's offseason mercato in the winter transfer period. It's good that MLS has a lot of attention on SA players since it's less unusual for good players to move in the winter period there than in Europe. From Europe, you'll usually get the scraps in the winter, and Garde would do well to revise his strategy of looking to Frances left overs for his signings.

Atlanta have been doing pretty well in the offseason as usual though, getting Frank de Boer and Pity Martinez (though they might not be able to sign him in the end if Almiron doesnt move), resigning Josef Martinez.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Edit:^^^ That was Urruti's first post about the Impact, it says it's removed, but it's in his instagram.

b2a6IbM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad