Not open for further replies.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
2qzfnz.jpg

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

I like him already. Hidden gem. His finishing is meh indeed but he holds the ball very well, can work in tight spaces and seems to have decent vision. He reminds me of Barco in a way. Our Attacking midfielder?

Urruti
Piatti Orji Novillo?

Piatti Urruti
Orji Taider Novillo?

Orji gotta come asap.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Can’t wait to her people pronounce his name

I thought it was difficult but after hearing pol say it it's easier than you think it's literally O-kwon-ko. Think of Star Wars if we have no problem saying Obewan kenobi, this is a walk in the park.:laugh:

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
We have some interesting thread titlte material

Welcome to the Orji
Orji in the impact locker room
Orji has landed
Everyone loves a good Orji

Reactions: Skip Bayless

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Ok no denial... great sign.

He assisted Taider's great goal

JP likes him therefore I think he'll suck.

Lovitz is now a USMNT. Oyongo is in Ligue 1, Edwards is a starter.And that's only amongst impact players. Your boy Jackson can't even find himself a team.

Don't think I forgot you saying Drogba won't help attendance.

33kawir.jpg

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

Lovitz is now a USMNT. Oyongo is in Ligue 1, Edwards is a starter.And that's only amongst impact players. Your boy Jackson can't even find himself a team.

33kawir.jpg

Mad :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Just watched the second half of Bologna Juve. Bologna's style of football is depression.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Maybe the team wouldn't be so strapped for cash if we didn't throw int money at jabronies than end up playing depth roles. We can find those for cheap in NA.

Reactions: ShaMu

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Maybe the team wouldn't be so strapped for cash if we didn't throw int money at jabronies than end up playing depth roles. We can find those for cheap in NA.

Then they will blame American teams for giving players Green Card. Yes, true but we as Canadian teams have a slight advantage because Canadians AND Americans do count as domestic. You can find plenty of Americans rotting in Bundesliga/B2 and Eredivise. We have a direct link to Serie A team where we can play to our advantage, salaries, arrangements. If they are looking for problems they will find them.

I know there was a rule in Serie A back in the days where teams could only sign 2 Non European per year. I dont know if its still the case, if yes and they have a slot open, they can sign Vargas or Cabrera and loan them somewhere like Man City did with Mix.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

33kawir.jpg

I said Drogba was a draw for Drogba and would have no long-term impact on attendance nor the brand. Learn to read.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I said Drogba was a draw for Drogba and would have no long-term impact on attendance nor the brand. Learn to read.

Ooo I remember very well, it gave me brain farts for months.

You said some nonsense stuff about having to be constantly reminded that he is on the team for ppl to show up at games and that he isnt a big name in North America. You also said he wouldnt sell games for 2 Years b y just being there and thats exactly what he did:welcome:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Looks like Remi Garde is now pro Draft

Ici, l’université donne l’occasion à beaucoup de jeunes de progresser dans le soccer. Pourquoi se priver de ce vivier de joueurs qui arrive par cette voie aux portes de la MLS? Sur le fond, je trouve qu’il est important que la MLS conserve ces joueurs qui proviennent des universités et qui – et c’est ce que j’ai découvert cette année avec des garçons comme Daniel Lovitz, Chris Duvall ou Evan Bush – ont un niveau intellectuel intéressant, une culture générale intéressante, a poursuivi Garde. Il est très positif de travailler avec eux.
Rémi Garde

L'Impact choisit Amar Sejdic avec un optimisme prudent

Next Season

Dec 28, 2018
If you rewatch Garde's post season press conference, you won't be surprised by the current situation. Garde mentions 2 important things looking back at the beginning of last season.

First, too many changes in coaches, staff and players led to stability issues to start the season, which was to be expected. He mentions that he would like to keep the core of the team intact and minimize the number of changes on the roster this time around, but clearly identify the position which he intends to improve, striker and offensive options off the bench.

Second, too many players were out of shape entering pre season last year. While it's obvious Jackson was in that group, he was certainly not the only one because Garde says he had to lower his standards of physical preparation last year. Finally he states that the players know who Robert Duverne is now, so he obviously expect the group to show up to camp in much better shape this year.

Looking back on this, we all should have expected a few roster changes only. Garde got his striker and will probably end up with a few offensive options off the bench which was an issue last year.

Now watch Garde's interview with Martineau from a couple of days ago.

Rémi Garde looks confident. And so am I !

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Honestly, when you factor in all the TAM and GAM we're known to have, departures/arrivals and the salary augmentations...I don't see how the Impact's salary cap is in bad shape. Unless they used most of the TAM given by the league (1.2M) last season, which the MLS allows teams to do. If that's the case, not making the playoffs hurts a lot more.

Or maybe Saputo is just pulling a fast one on the fans and trying to cut expenses. But I wouldn't bet on that since the estimated salaries are revealed and the fans would riot every game. Can't be that dumb.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Fyi, Davies is expected to be featured at tomorrow's Telekom Cup friendly tourney. Bayern will be facing Dusseldorf at 7 am ET.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If you rewatch Garde's post season press conference, you won't be surprised by the current situation. Garde mentions 2 important things looking back at the beginning of last season.

First, too many changes in coaches, staff and players led to stability issues to start the season, which was to be expected. He mentions that he would like to keep the core of the team intact and minimize the number of changes on the roster this time around, but clearly identify the position which he intends to improve, striker and offensive options off the bench.

Second, too many players were out of shape entering pre season last year. While it's obvious Jackson was in that group, he was certainly not the only one because Garde says he had to lower his standards of physical preparation last year. Finally he states that the players know who Robert Duverne is now, so he obviously expect the group to show up to camp in much better shape this year.

Looking back on this, we all should have expected a few roster changes only. Garde got his striker and will probably end up with a few offensive options off the bench which was an issue last year.

Now watch Garde's interview with Martineau from a couple of days ago.

Rémi Garde looks confident. And so am I !

For me, the big turnover happened last off-season. We couldn't expect the same this year. Not all of the changes panned out, but there was a lot of positives after the season ended.

But it's not like the team has been inactive. Urruti and Novillo. They're bringing back Sagna, who was not there at the start of last season and was a positive addition when he came on board. There is also Diallo. Barring another injury to hold him back, him starting the year is like a brand new addition. I'm sure some of the Academy players will get some more playing time. Also, every other day, we're hearing a new center forward linked to IMFC. One of them is bound to be true.

I'm really looking forward to this season. Last year, there was a lot of adjusting. This season, most players are familiar with each other and the coaching staff.

Reactions: Next Season

Krnage

Nov 22, 2010
Quebec
that would be nice if IMFC could get Mattias Svanberg from Bologna FC ...another young prospect with good potential

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Novillo hasn't played in a year and a half. Got sacked in Malaysia.

Malaysia.

I don't think Rémi was counting on him being Silva's replacement just a couple of months ago. More I think of it, more it seems to me that someone must've informed Garde just a couple of weeks ago that all the allocation money was spent last year .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad