Impact Thread : Goodbye Ale-Alejandro Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I've never seen so many teams passing on their picks at the MLS draft.
Testament to how the league has evolved. Good news for the USSF, MLS teams are geting serious about their academies.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Are IMFC still after that Okwonkwo guy?
Why dont they send Vargas to Bologna for an Int spot? Remi and and many of the fans hate him anyways, and he wouldnt need to run all over the pitch without purpose, a la Krolicki, to impress people in Serie A. With his age and technical ability he'd be a good fit there, imo. They also have Eric Pulgar whom he knows.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Are IMFC still after that Okwonkwo guy?
Why dont they send Vargas to Bologna for an Int spot? Remi and and many of the fans hate him anyways, and he wouldnt need to run all over the pitch without purpose, a la Krolicki, to impress people in Serie A. With his age and technical ability he'd be a good fit there, imo. They also have Eric Pulgar whom he knows.

Pretty sure Okwonkwo is really interesting Rémi and the team. It was even confirmed by Nicolas A. "Cold Showa" Martineau. They need an international spot though, so unless they trade for one or get rid of Cabrera/Vargas... it won't happen.

Speaking of the devil

Also to further prove that Vargas could be on the move

Last edited:
Reactions: ShaMu

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Dormir au gaz tel est leur slogan. Yohan Cabaye, Lassana Diarra tous libres d'engagement. Que notre maison de retraite fasse de quoi. Mille milliards de mille sabords. Sont pro-inactive en titi.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Pretty sure Okwonkwo is really interesting Rémi and the team. It was even confirmed by Nicolas A. "Cold Showa" Martineau. They need an international spot though, so unless they trade for one or get rid of Cabrera/Vargas... it won't happen.

Speaking of the devil

Also to further prove that Vargas could be on the move

This would be an excellent move for Vargas. Back with a top team and just in time for Libertadores. Hopefully it goes through. La U might get him cheap too, which would facilitate the transfer, maybe a loan with option. The article implies Vargas also favors the move.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
So we drafted PASS and PASS with our last two picks

Stoked

Only way those drafts will be taken seriously is if they cut it to 3 or 2 rounds.

Honestly, what I'm most intrigued about this year is seeing how the academy kids fare with the first team. Maybe that's what Rémi is banking on to provide depth and improvements from last year.

kids? Not trolling or anything but don't you mean kid? I only count one that'll stay, unless you count Pantemis with the national cup.

EDIT : forgot about Kinumbe and Bahiya, don't know their positions hope its midfield.

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Only way those drafts will be taken seriously is if they cut it to 3 or 2 rounds.

kids? Not trolling or anything but don't you mean kid? I only count one that'll stay, unless you count Pantemis with the national cup.

EDIT : forgot about Kinumbe and Bahiya, don't know their positions hope its midfield.

Midfield and LB

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Add also Legault, Choinière(x2), Meilleur-Giguère who I'd rather see stick with the team than Cabrera, heck maybe even Jackson if he can't find a team before the season starts.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Add also Legault, Choinière(x2), Meilleur-Giguère who I'd rather see stick with the team than Cabrera, heck maybe even Jackson if he can't find a team before the season starts.

M.Choiniere was whom I was referring to. David has been released but he was invited to the camp, but if Orji comes forget about seeing him much in action.
Legault isn't from the Academy, he's from Auxerre (just like Sagna iirc). Big difference.
TMG is going back onloan, Martineau said.

Jackson will get the Oduro treatment if he stays.

Only Mathieu will get significant minutes, unless something unpredictable comes along.

Midfield and LB
Whoever is the midfielder will get his chance because there is just no depth there. The LB position is on lock with Lovitz and Raitala to cover. If Lovitz plays the Gold Cup then whoever the LB is, may see some minutes.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Jackson better be active into finding a new team if he still wants a career, Oduro was respectful and Garde wanted none of it. With the way he came out to the media last fall about Garde not liking Qc players, I'm certain he made Garde hot under the collar...

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
M.Choiniere was whom I was referring to. David has been released but he was invited to the camp, but if Orji comes forget about seeing him much in action.
Legault isn't from the Academy, he's from Auxerre (just like Sagna iirc). Big difference.
TMG is going back onloan, Martineau said.

Jackson will get the Oduro treatment if he stays.

Only Mathieu will get significant minutes, unless something unpredictable comes along.

Whoever is the midfielder will get his chance because there is just no depth there. The LB position is on lock with Lovitz and Raitala to cover. If Lovitz plays the Gold Cup then whoever the LB is, may see some minutes.

I have a feeling we'll see Raitala in the middle most of the time. As for legault, he was in Longueuil up until he moved to France at 12. I'm unsure whether he played for the academy or not, but he's a local kid alright. The plan is to loan TMG again, but he could earn a spot. Garde might have watched a few Ottawa games during the off-season(he didn't during the MLS season as he was too busy) and noticed how good he was for the Fury. Bayiha and Kinumbe are talented, I think they could surprise a lot of us this year.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Jackson better be active into finding a new team if he still wants a career, Oduro was respectful and Garde wanted none of it. With the way he came out to the media last fall about Garde not liking Qc players, I'm certain he made Garde hot under the collar...

IIRC Jackson didn't say anything publicly of that regard, it was more Garde saying he was disappointed with the way two players were working in practice, namely your boy Raheem the dream and Jackson. Garde himself said he's open to give Jackson another try as anyway he's under contract. Can't be worse than Vargas up front anyway.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I have a feeling we'll see Raitala in the middle most of the time. As for legault, he was in Longueuil up until he moved to France at 12. I'm unsure whether he played for the academy or not, but he's a local kid alright. The plan is to loan TMG again, but he could earn a spot. Garde might have watched a few Ottawa games during the off-season(he didn't during the MLS season as he was too busy) and noticed how good he was for the Fury. Bayiha and Kinumbe are talented, I think they could surprise a lot of us this year.

Well I'll answer to all of your points bc you brought up interesting stuff.

-I hear that he's talented line with every one that comes out the academy since Tissot, it's tiring at this point. I'll wait and see.

-TMG will benefit Lots more by playing regularly in USL than being 4th CB. I think Cabrera will stay after all. If one Diallo or Camacho is injured we're thin again. MG still has room for improvement and I doubt he's MLS ready atm. 25 USL Games is better than 2 MLS games for growth.

-He's a local indeed but I have more faith in an Auxerre product than Montreeal Impact product. The AJ in AJ auxerre stands for Association Jeunesse, enough said. He did good by moving to France. Very good.... If there are more local players abroad we should take a look at them!

-Raitala is a boss, he can play anywhere. He may cover for Lovitz if he goes to the gold cup (you see the importance of keeping Cabrera).

IIRC Jackson didn't say anything publicly of that regard, it was more Garde saying he was disappointed with the way two players were working in practice, namely your boy Raheem the dream and Jackson. Garde himself said he's open to give Jackson another try as anyway he's under contract. Can't be worse than Vargas up front anyway.
That was like in April - May.

At the season ending press conference, he told some other local player forgot who it was, that it was harder for them to prove themselves in which Garde replied to journalists : ''Je n’ai rien contre les joueurs québécois''. Correctme if i'm wrong but it means I have nothing against quebecers right? No one would just throw that out there for no reason. It was a clapback.

As for Jackson and his skillset in this league, I already voiced my opinion back in 2015. I do agree he would be better than Vargas though.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Meh, I could take or leave Jackson honestly. Even as a sub he rarely did more than the league minimum , outside of those few times where he did . Amarikwa was a more consistent presence, even if he didn't have those occasional flashes of brilliance. Jackson is local so he does have that going for him with the Canadian championship and all.

Reactions: JunglePete

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I dont know if they are negotiating but I dont think he will return, sadly.

Big news

He would be a good Silva replacement. scored 6 goals this year already

I can also say that Giovinco had a lucrative offer from ...... Bologna

Joey thinks he is smooth. Probably with Silva money lol. But he said he wants to stay in TFC and wants a raise. I dont think they will renew him at a big amount, they have been losing money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad