OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
so Jack Harrison officially signs with Manchester City. He'll plaay for Middlesbrough on loan till the end of the season.I wonder what was the fee, some are saying in the 6 million range with bonuses so a bit similar to Ballou.
That's an epic move.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Nacho...

feel-so-smooth.jpg

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
what happened to three Lyon Academy players that were supposed to come in the training camp ? Garde finally realized the level of the league?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
what happened to three Lyon Academy players that were supposed to come in the training camp ? Garde finally realized the level of the league?

One of them is Canadian. I had almost forgotten about them

I can't find the news about them coming over for training neither. It seems like it was just a rumor. They might have asked Lyon about the availability of these players but they refused!?

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Marc Dos Santos is at it again...

LAFC announced the signing of Jakovic. They get a seasoned depth D for when Ciman will be gone this summer. Always thought Jakovic should've stayed in MLS, glad to see him back. Wouldnt of been a bad depth signing for us either, specially with all the Canadian intl's here now.

Rumour is that they're signing Mark Anthony Kaye too... who's next.. Bekker and Tissot?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I don't know if its been said already but Andres Romero signed in Argentina with San Martin. They are currently 12th.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Giroud, Coquelin, Walcott, Gibbs, Debuchy & Ox all gone. That's a good bit of cleanup in 1 year. Too bad Sanchez had to leave as well, but Aubamenyang is not bad as a consolation prize.

Reactions: ShaMu and Laurent

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
For those interested, Taider was on an Algerian podcast recently to talk about his decision to come in Montréal and his impression of the camp thus far. For those of you who don't understand French, he said Garde's plan and the fact that he would be a designated player convinced him. He said he saw it as a great honor to be a DP, 'chosen by the President'. It took him 'weeks' make his decision to come. He also says he's not too worried about his NT chances despite the fact that he'll be playing across the pond because the games can easily be streamed.

His interview starts @ 53:50 with La Gazette du Fennec « C'est vous l'Expert » : Saphir Taïder justifie le choix Montréal !

Last edited:
Reactions: Laurent

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
He seems to be coming in with a good attitude, which is great to hear. He's had a few issues in that department in the past.

I thought it was interesting to hear his takes on his struggles with Inter and Southampton. For the former, he pointed out that not many players have played over 25 games for that team as a 21 year old, although most of his appearances were as a sub. For Southampton, he said he was told he would be a big part of the team but it turned out to be false as he was not used much so he asked to be returned elsewhere (Sassuolo) where he would play in preparation for the international competition ( I believe it was the 2014 WC) that was coming up. During the same transfer window, West Ham was really interested by him but were scared off by his high buy-out clause, so instead he was loaned to Southampton. Lastly, one of the interviewers was sad to see him leave Italia as Taïder was thought to be the most Italian of the Algerian players and many believed he would play his whole career there. Saphir said he was proud of his track record there (over 160 games as a 25 year old in Serie A with 80% of them as a starter) and said not many players could boast such a usage at his age, and most who had played as much were top notch players.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Why have Nacho play that far back though, that's weird. Piette as a central defender ? This has to be them just playing around with stuff.

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Well Fisher (and TMG?) is out so we barely have anyone to play CB in intra-squad games

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Why have Nacho play that far back though, that's weird. Piette as a central defender ? This has to be them just playing around with stuff.

I think Piette was filling in for Cabrera and as for Piatti, he was already playing further back last year, maybe the coach liked what he saw. Pretty sure Garde will give him plenty of freedom to do what he wants. Besides, I think that formation leads to good support and motion, which leads to possession.

Who knows, maybe it'll change.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I think Piette was filling in for Cabrera and as for Piatti, he was already playing further back last year, maybe the coach liked what he saw. Pretty sure Garde will give him plenty of freedom to do what he wants. Besides, I think that formation leads to good support and motion, which leads to possession.

Who knows, maybe it'll change.
Well if Piatti gets to run pretty much free in the mid field then it's fine. The 4-4-1-1 formation in itself is fine, it's the best way to get most of our best players on the field at the moment.

Reactions: ShaMu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad