OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Yeah JP said so last month.. but does the green card also works if he plays in Canada?
From what I've read, green card holders in the U.S are considered U.S domestic players and U.S domestic players are considered Canadian domestic players for Canadian clubs.

Domestic Players

• U.S.-based Clubs: For U.S. Clubs, a domestic player is either a U.S. Citizen, a permanent resident (Green Card holder) or the holder of certain other special status (e.g., has been granted refugee or asylum status) or a player who qualifies under the Homegrown International Rule*. There is no limit as to the number of U.S. Domestic Players on a U.S. Club's Roster.
  • Canada-based Clubs: For Canadian Clubs, a domestic player is either a Canadian Citizen or the holder of certain other special status (e.g., has been granted refugee or asylum status), a player who qualifies under the Homegrown International Rule*, or a U.S. Domestic Player. There is no limit as to the number of Canadian Domestic Players on a Canadian club's roster.
    • There is no limit as to the number of U.S. Domestic Players or Canadian Domestic Players on a Canadian club's roster; provided, however, that a Canadian Club is required to have a minimum of three Canadian Domestic Players on its roster at all times.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Well hopefully he doesn't count as International and you can't find MLS sources that show you whether they're international or not (or even DP)

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
lol he tried to use his weak foot but his touch failed and the goalie read it from a mile away

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I'm anxious for this Paz circus to come to an end. I dont see what the fuss is all about with him as he doesnt seem to me like an absolute starter. Why waste an expensive international spot on a probable depth D on a loan? If he comes, he better be good.

Well hopefully he doesn't count as International and you can't find MLS sources that show you whether they're international or not (or even DP)

The way I understand this is like HabsHater9000 said, he's a domestic player because of his US green card, it makes him the equivalent of a US player. I beleive he retains it even if he's not employed by a US team, and he'll be spending a significant amount of his time in the US.

edit: and the whole MLS single entity thing.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Yes Green Cards applies in Canada or else Oduro, Mallace and more would count as Internationals.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Klopas gonna show him what it means Lanus with his Concacaf Champions League's celebration. What a saga. One day it's ok another day not ok. We've been were rejected by him for a team of asshole :D

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Klopas gonna show him what it means Lanus with his Concacaf Champions League's celebration. What a saga. One day it's ok another day not ok. We've been were rejected by him for a team of ******* :D

I wonder if Bologna really wanted him or if it was a ploy to get him to come here.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
If Meram cost 1m, Nguyen will cost way more than that. I don't think we have what would be required, or the need for Nguyen on this team. Sure it would be a good addition, but there are other holes we need to fill more urgently.

With that being said, Lee is one hell of a baller. I'd be delighted if we got him after addressing more urgent needs (I.e Central Defender); but if we have to chose CB vs Nguyen, I think we should prioritize a defender.

For those with time to kill -

Reactions: HabsHater9000

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Nguyen would be worth it though, he's an electric player at his best, he'd be a fan favorite in no time. Just convince him to share the ball a bit more and him, Piatti and Vargas would create a ton of opportunities between them.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Van der Wiel signs with Toronto. Instantly the best full back in MLS? Me thinks so and it's not even close although he has lost a step since his PSG days. Van der Viel vs Piatti would be insanely interesting.

We need to get Nguyen here even for 1,5M in GAM/TAM, whatever the amount or wait for the summer to snatch an international attacking midfielder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad