OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Nguyen is domestic so that makes him very valuable and it will please the Vietnamese community

:sarcasm:

Would he be DP?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nguyen is domestic so that makes him very valuable and it will please the Vietnamese community

:sarcasm:

Would he be DP?

They got the Italians, the South Americans, now they will bring in the Algerians, work on bringing in the Vietnamese. Find a Greek player to draw in more Greeks and you can have one diverse and loud stadium.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Pics from today's training session

En fotos: El Impact volvió al frío de Montreal

They're working on a lot of technical stuff (passing, body positioning ect.), possession drills. Flachez is taking the time to individually interact with certain players about very specific things they have to prioritize. Love seeing this, the training staff is trying to make most of what little they have.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
If Meram cost 1m, Nguyen will cost way more than that. I don't think we have what would be required, or the need for Nguyen on this team. Sure it would be a good addition, but there are other holes we need to fill more urgently.

With that being said, Lee is one hell of a baller. I'd be delighted if we got him after addressing more urgent needs (I.e Central Defender); but if we have to chose CB vs Nguyen, I think we should prioritize a defender.

For those with time to kill -

Lovely feature, great story of determination.

I think we need both badly, but the priority, now that Fisher is ded, should be a CB like you said. Ngouyén would solidify the middle and we'd be a playoff team on paper IMO. If it's not him, then I have no problem waiting for the summer window if it means we get the right player.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Pics from today's training session

En fotos: El Impact volvió al frío de Montreal

They're working on a lot of technical stuff (passing, body positioning ect.), possession drills. Flachez is taking the time to individually interact with certain players about very specific things they have to prioritize. Love seeing this, the training staff is trying to make most of what little they have.

Who are # 89, 92 and 93?

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Finally, we can forget that Paz guy. Hopefully they'll go for a domestic player for depth D instead and keep that intl spot for something worthwhile.

Lingouyén watch

This is so dumb.
I guess they want Nguyen to leave the league rather than let him play for another MLS team.

Lee for the Nguyen!

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
What about a striker though? Sure I'd be nice to have another big mobile CB to play next to Diallo, and Nguyen at 10 would be sweet, but are they really planning to start the season with Mancosu and AJH?

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
What about a striker though? Sure I'd be nice to have another big mobile CB to play next to Diallo, and Nguyen at 10 would be sweet, but are they really planning to start the season with Mancosu and AJH?

My guess is they are banking on Mancosu regaining his 2016 form where he was stellar in the regular season and awesome in the Playoffs.

Personally I think he will end up somewhere in between. The quality in the MLS is getting better and better and he has struggled outside of the Serie B

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

If Mancosu can go back to the scorer he was when he first joined IMFC and AJH at least continues the way he was going last year, I think they'll be fine. But those are still "IF's."

I think if someone like Nguyen comes in along with a Piatti and the potential a Vargas has, IMFC can be in real good shape. Again, IF.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
In retrospect, keeping Wandrille around as a depth guy/ jabroni late game minute player might have been a good idea. We're still a bit thin on defense. I can live with a Diallo and Cabrera tandem to start the year while Fisher gets healthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRG and ShaMu

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
In retrospect, keeping Wandrille around as a depth guy/ jabroni late game minute player might have been a good idea. We're still a bit thin on defense. I can live with a Diallo and Cabrera tandem to start the year while Fisher gets healthy.

Specially if TMG is injured too.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's only cheating if you're getting caught :naughty:

eddie_guerrero_i_lie__i_cheat__i_steal_wallpaper_by_ghostofdemonpast-d9kpggg.jpg

I think we'll really like Diallo, to be honest.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad