Speculation: iMac: Canucks will be "aggressive" on July 1st with regards to second-tier FAs

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Ugh not even close.

Edler
Stetcher
Hughes
Tanev
Hutton
Schenn
Biega

Sorry you putting too much into potential: right now Hughes is not better than a 5 he’s def not better than tanev right now.

If you assume that Hughes will play up to his potential (or a part of it this year) then you have to assume tanev is healthy;

Edler
Tanev
Hutton/stecher
Stretcher/Hutton
Hughes
Schenn/biega

Hughes should be a fast riser but right now he isn’t better than a 5- and really Hutton and stetcher are interchangeable

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Sorry you putting too much into potential: right now Hughes is not better than a 5 he’s def not better than tanev right now.

If you assume that Hughes will play up to his potential (or a part of it this year) then you have to assume tanev is healthy;

Edler
Tanev
Hutton/stecher
Stretcher/Hutton
Hughes
Schenn/biega

Hughes should be a fast riser but right now he isn’t better than a 5- and really Hutton and stetcher are interchangeable
Lol

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I would love if Canucks go all in on Duchene and move Pettersson to the wing. He excels at both positions, scored 3 points playing wing.

Pettersson-Duchene-Boeser

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
I would love if Canucks go all in on Duchene and move Pettersson to the wing. He excels at both positions, scored 3 points playing wing.

I could get behind signing duchene. I think he’s matured. As you said it gives them options but I think duchene could be a good fit with Horvat. Personally i would rather keep Petey at centre

Boeser petterson Pearson
Beartchi Horvat duchene

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017

Move our 1C to the wing? Have our best player play with the puck less? Hard no for me

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead

Edler
Tanev
Hutton/stecher
Stretcher/Hutton
Hughes
Schenn/biega

Agreed, although I think that Stecher is definitely better than Hutton... and is a riser too.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
The bottom 4 starting with Tanev should be upgraded, otherwise it's still basically the same crap as last season..

That's honestly not nearly as bad as last season provided Schenn plays how he did again.

People are downplaying just how f***ing terrible Gudbranson was here.

Reactions: timw33

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Agreed, although I think that Stecher is definitely better than Hutton... and is a riser too.

I don't think there's a particularly notable difference between Hutton and Stecher. You could really go granular on the stats, but they're both offensively challenged guys that are decent defensively and can move the puck up ice. Hutton is bigger and Stecher has more of a motor. I'm not sure there's a place on the team for both of them. Ideally they're both 4/5 guys on a good team.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Edler should be above Tanev. Tanev has been absolute dog **** the past couple of seasons. He had a 44.2% CF% this season, huge yikes from me
Anyone who rates Tanev anywhere near the top3 defenceman of this team hasn’t been watching hockey for two years.
Tanev is awful these days! Should be dumped for whatever they can get at this point.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Great response as always
Sorry I didn’t know where to start. Hutton and Stecher being interchangeable is amusing. IF I was a betting man I’d wager he isn’t on the team in October. Also, I think I’ve seen enough of Hughes to already know he is superior to Hutton.
Between his stint with the Canucks to consecutive world championships it’s clear he is ready to be a key contributor. He has been great with the US so far and they are a favourite to win gold. Hutton would be blitzed in this tournament.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I don't think there's a particularly notable difference between Hutton and Stecher. You could really go granular on the stats, but they're both offensively challenged guys that are decent defensively and can move the puck up ice. Hutton is bigger and Stecher has more of a motor. I'm not sure there's a place on the team for both of them. Ideally they're both 4/5 guys on a good team.
What about Stechers play on the Pk?

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

There’s maybe 3 guys in the NHL I’d move Petey to the wing for. Duchene doesn’t come close to that list.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
There’s maybe 3 guys in the NHL I’d move Petey to the wing for. Duchene doesn’t come close to that list.

so they can alternate? It doesn't neccessarily mean you are locked in a position but there are plenty of times throughout the season that Pettersson doesn't take the faceoff and Boeser does. This signals they need another C/W on their line and Duchene is a great fit for that.
It provides more versatility, what if Green wants to Pettersson to be open to more offensive opportunities when we need a goal while another player can handle the responsibilities down low in the defensive zone?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Agree. His IQ/vision is best served at C. If we were to miraculously sign Duchene (all top tier FA's are a pipe dream IMO) he would be a great fit as a LW for either EP or Horvat, a position we have almost zero strength at right now.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
so they can alternate? It doesn't neccessarily mean you are locked in a position but there are plenty of times throughout the season that Pettersson doesn't take the faceoff and Boeser does. This signals they need another C/W on their line and Duchene is a great fit for that.
It provides more versatility, what if Green wants to Pettersson to be open to more offensive opportunities when we need a goal while another player can handle the responsibilities down low in the defensive zone?
Again. There’s only maybe 3 guys in the NHL I’d move Petey to wing. Even if it’s for a few shifts a game! There aren’t many if prefer at centre of Petey as that’s where he is his best.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Agree. His IQ/vision is best served at C. If we were to miraculously sign Duchene (all top tier FA's are a pipe dream IMO) he would be a great fit as a LW for either EP or Horvat, a position we have almost zero strength at right now.
Duchene has constantly shown he’s better on the wing, he’s meh in the face off dot for the most part of his game is basically strictly speed up the sidewall. These a winger traits.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Again. There’s only maybe 3 guys in the NHL I’d move Petey to wing. Even if it’s for a few shifts a game! There aren’t many if prefer at centre of Petey as that’s where he is his best.

This logic is ridiculous.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I just tweeted something similar, but the absence of a voice of pushback like Botchford's is going to be disastrous this summer. From an actual on-ice hockey standpoint, I think his loss shouldn't be understated.
What?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I just tweeted something similar, but the absence of a voice of pushback like Botchford's is going to be disastrous this summer. From an actual on-ice hockey standpoint, I think his loss shouldn't be understated.

There is no one right now who will consistently be calling out the management for their heaps of unforced errors, terrible plans, and even worse execution. It's a massive loss. Welcome to Shill-City, baby!

Reactions: Jyrki21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad