Player Discussion: Ilya Sorokin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Sorokin is concerned about the rusty steel beams at Belmont. Lou is trying to explain that it's primer paint, but the translator Snow hired only speaks English and Mandarin so it's taking a while.

Makes sense actually.

Seriously though. Any update why Andong Song was not added to this training camp roster? Or is Lou sleeping again? I'll hang up and listen

Reactions: The Real JT

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Maybe the fight is over his number? Sorokin wants to stay 90, but Lou isn't having it?

Seriosuly dude, it is 2:20pm on the first day. Lou can't make a human being change his mind. The kid is a competitor and doesn't want to be sitting around for 4-6 months not playing hockey, after not playing for the past 3. Relax.
I'm not blaming Lou, I have pointed out in this very thread sorokin might have reason not to sign.

So please don't quote my post without full context. Secondly, the other two signed immediately at 12. Sorokin is full aware of the rules and the situation, there isn't much to weigh at this point, either he is coming or he isn't.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Makes sense actually.

Seriously though. Any update why Andong Song was not added to this training camp roster? Or is Lou sleeping again? I'll hang up and listen
Funny you mention his name lol I read on him recently that he has yet to even play in a game yet in his 2 years at Cornell. Dressed for 2 games but never saw the ice. Sounds like It will go as most expected when he was drafted. He is still young, but I doubt he ever gets a pro contract at any level if he can’t even crack a college lineup at 22 years old.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
I'm not blaming Lou, I have pointed out in this very thread sorokin might have reason not to sign.

So please don't quote my post without full context. Secondly, the other two signed immediately at 12. Sorokin is full aware of the rules and the situation, there isn't much to weigh at this point, either he is coming or he isn't.

Dude...you get into arguments on here during trade deadlines, FA opening, etc.

Sorokin is the only goalie of the group. Not sure if you have read much about him, but his play is rhythmic. Are they perhaps working out him playing in sweden/Europe/Non KHL until next season? They have Barzal/Pulock and Toews to sign. Are they working on the extension too? For him to make the trip to Toronto, they would have to use a roster spot. With the uncertainty of covid....is that worth giving up a spot?

He is the only goalie out of the Russians coming over. Completely different animal. By all means, at 5:01 Weds, come scream and shout. Until then, there is no need for an ulcer

Reactions: bstash19

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island

Sorokin is the only goalie of the group. Not sure if you have read much about him, but his play is rhythmic. Are they perhaps working out him playing in sweden/Europe/Non KHL until next season? They have Barzal/Pulock and Toews to sign. Are they working on the extension too? For him to make the trip to Toronto, they would have to use a roster spot. With the uncertainty of covid....is that worth giving up a spot?

He is the only goalie out of the Russians coming over. Completely different animal. By all means, at 5:01 Weds, come scream and shout. Until then, there is no need for an ulcer
I'm arguing?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

Cut him some slack. This is his life/hobby.

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
On a positive note, the great thing about this Sorokin saga is that it's helping to take our mind off the fact we technically don't have a home arena at the moment..

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
I pointed out the other two russians signed immediately, Sorokin hasn't and there is zero reason he hasn't. Simple as that

How is this fact? Seriously......how do you pass that off as fact. You, nor anyone on here has any clue if there is an issue. Is there any chance he is quarantined because he tested positive? The kid himself said he was leaving the KHL to play here. He can't go to another team.

You play your opinions as facts. That's why you get poked at. I don't mind your opinion. But you try to shove it down peoples throats. Dude relax and calm down

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
How is this fact? Seriously......how do you pass that off as fact. You, nor anyone on here has any clue if there is an issue. Is there any chance he is quarantined because he tested positive? The kid himself said he was leaving the KHL to play here. He can't go to another team.

You play your opinions as facts. That's why you get poked at. I don't mind your opinion. But you try to shove it down peoples throats. Dude relax and calm down
Its a message board, I am not shoving anything down anyone throat. Like you said its my opinion, if you don't agree, that's fine you don't have to comment on it.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
On a positive note, the great thing about this Sorokin saga is that it's helping to take our mind off the fact we technically don't have a home arena at the moment..
Oh yes we do. It’s located in Hub City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad