Player Discussion: Ilya Sorokin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Very excited at this, unless this guy busts we’re set for so long now. He has franchise potential. This could propel us to contender status.

Reactions: bigtim1988

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
tenor.gif

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
So he can only sign a 1 year ELC. Would be he RFA or UFA after that? Cant find this info anywhere.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
So he can only sign a 1 year ELC. Would be he RFA or UFA after that? Cant find this info anywhere.
I mean the NHL rules state that you need to be either 27 years old or have seven years of NHL experience to be an UFA after a contract expires.

So I'm not exactly sure how Sorokin would be an UFA after next season.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I mean the NHL rules state that you need to be either 27 years old or have seven years of NHL experience to be an UFA after a contract expires.

So I'm not exactly sure how Sorokin would be an UFA after next season.
I am not saying he is. I am just asking for confirmation. I didnt know if there was some weird unique rule in this circumstance because the fact that he is limited to a 1 year ELC is also not a commonly seen situation.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I am not saying he is. I am just asking for confirmation. I didnt know if there was some weird unique rule in this circumstance because the fact that he is limited to a 1 year ELC is also not a commonly seen situation.
I mean the rules seem pretty clear to me. I can't remember any other KHL players being subjected to special UFA rules in the past.

SI

Feb 16, 2013

He will be an RFA (100% certain) after the 1 year ELC.

Just always looking on the bright side aren’t you?
Is this your default?

Reactions: xECK29x

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
He will be an RFA (100% certain) after the 1 year ELC.

Just always looking on the bright side aren’t you?
Is this your default?
So now asking a totally simple honest question is cause for starting a problem. This place never changes.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
So now asking a totally simple honest question is cause for starting a problem. This place never changes.

Look we have discussed the economics surrounding Sorokin for the last several seasons.

Once Sorokin signed his 3 year deal with his KHL team - the date for him to come over was THIS offseason.

There was no way he was paying to break his deal making big money (that was basically tax free) in the KHL.

One of the major advantages to signing this season (and not last season) means he only has to sign a 1 year ELC before becoming a RFA where he can make bigger money and guaranteed pro $ (a player on an ELC can be sent down and make 70k).

I am also simply pointing out that you immediately went to some negative thought process of this deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad