Player Discussion: Ilya Sorokin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf fan on LI

Mar 21, 2019
West Babylon NY
Did the other two need/want that? Moreover, without knowing our cap situation, how could we figure out a future extension?
I Believe due to the ages of the other 2 players the contracts were very simple to draw up and sign . I believe you hit the nail on the head though seems the cap does has alot to do with how Lou
moves forward in the contract process i'm sure. Sorokin defintely will want the extension just becsue why would he comee and burn his ELC and then have no contract for 20/21?

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Unless they are doing the ELC plus an extension... it isn’t getting done today or maybe at all. The ELC is very simple... hence why all other players have already signed since noon, it is a formality at this point..especially in Sorokins case. Either the extension is still being worked on or he isn’t coming at all. There were only ever 2 options. League say yes to ELC or says no to ELC. Any GM you would think would be already discussing contract in the light that this panned out esp due to the strange situation we are in where players need to get on a plane ASAP. Especially, Lou... he is very much a plan for everything and be ready kind of guy. I’d be shocked if Sorokins agent and Lou were not discussing contract all along. It was not news to anyone let alone them that if things panned out that time is valuable. Hopefully it is just a few dotting of I’s and crossing T’s on this extension and it gets announced very soon.

Last edited:

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Unless they are doing the ELC plus an extension... it isn’t getting done today or maybe at all. The ELC is very simple... hence why all other players have already signed since noon, it is a formality at this point..especially in Sorokins case. Either the extension is still being worked on or he isn’t coming at all. There were only ever 2 options. League say yes to ELC or says no to ELC. Any GM you would think would be already discussing contract in the light that this panned out esp due to the strange situation we are in where players need to get on a plane ASAP. Especially, Lou... he is very much a plan for everything and be ready kind of guy. I’d be shocked if when Sorokins agent and Lou were not discussing contract all along. It was not news to anyone let alone them that if things panned out that time is valuable. Hopefully it is just a few dotting of I’s and crossing T’s on this extension and it gets announced very soon.
A plan for everything? Like getting burned by Panarin and then overpaying for Lee? Or giving up a first and a second in an extremely deep class for JGP?

Stop acting like Lou has been this wonder GM since the Devils.

There is no way they can work on an extension without knowing what the salary cap is goinf to look like and having other RFAs to take care of.

Fact of the matter is there were rumors that Sorokin was being moved at the deadline. I'm at the point where they know he's willing to come over, but not for the islanders. Lou is probably seeing what he can get for him, or going to pull the same shit he did with Panarin and believe he can convince him to come over.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Welp, now that almost 2 hours have passed by in the 3 day signing window, who are we going to get to backup Varlamov next year?

Reactions: bstash19 and SI90

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
A plan for everything? Like getting burned by Panarin and then overpaying for Lee? Or giving up a first and a second in an extremely deep class for JGP?

There is no way they can work on an extension without knowing what the salary cap is goinf to look like and having other RFAs to take care of.

Fact of the matter is there were rumors that Sorokin was being moved at the deadline. I'm at the point where they know he's willing to come over, but not for the islanders. Lou is probably seeing what he can get for him, or going to pull the same shit he did with Panarin and believe he can convince him to come over.
Oh my...

A HOT TAEK during covid. Well done.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
So, I make a comment about his moves and you turn it into that? At what point do you just not respond to my posts?

Maybe the fight is over his number? Sorokin wants to stay 90, but Lou isn't having it?

Seriosuly dude, it is 2:20pm on the first day. Lou can't make a human being change his mind. The kid is a competitor and doesn't want to be sitting around for 4-6 months not playing hockey, after not playing for the past 3. Relax.

Uncle Lou 2222

Jul 9, 2020
View media item 7739
url

BOO

Last edited:

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
12:01 Pm - LL with Sorokin and his Agent

upload_2020-7-13_14-36-39.gif

We all know how this played out, hopefully better news this time around. In all seriousness though, I am patient but also tired of being patient with this situation. Hopefully good news soon.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Maybe the fight is over his number? Sorokin wants to stay 90, but Lou isn't having it?

Seriosuly dude, it is 2:20pm on the first day. Lou can't make a human being change his mind. The kid is a competitor and doesn't want to be sitting around for 4-6 months not playing hockey, after not playing for the past 3. Relax.
Sorokin is concerned about the rusty steel beams at Belmont. Lou is trying to explain that it's primer paint, but the translator Snow hired only speaks English and Mandarin so it's taking a while.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005

With respect to the projected flat salary cap next year, limited movement after that and the point where the cap could rise, here is a good article on the projected details: NHL salary cap stays flat in 2020-21 season - ProHockeyTalk | NBC Sports.

NHL salary cap stays flat in 2020-21 season - ProHockeyTalk | NBC Sports.

The article also has an embedded link to the full, 71-page PDF, covering important economic issues, wellness, CBA extension, return to play, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad