Player Discussion: Ilya Sorokin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
really surprised that I haven't even seen a "no word yet" comment from anyone. no mentions of anything.. instead all we have are pages of fretting, doomsday speculation and petty squabbling (which I have not been above myself in the past).

Yea the fact there’s been no update from anyone tells me that this is typical Lou. We won’t hear anything until tomorrow when he gets this done

scott99

May 13, 2005
This is typical Islander’s bullshit. I have ZERO confidence we sign Sorokin by Wednesday, and Lou should get fired if he doesn’t get this done.

ONLY the Islanders. I thought we were past this kind’ve bullshit, but here we are with this bush league nonsense once again.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
It’s obvious that they’re working on a verbal agreement to an extension. Sorokin was the only player in this position, and I don’t think Milstein would be tweeting like that from his own account if it wasn’t a lock.

Can they sign an extension? Ie sign a 1 year ELC then 45 minutes later announce an extension? Because if they can I can see why this isn't done, but if it's a case they can only do the ELC and the extension has to be signed at a later date then him signing an ELC is only a formality and should be easy to do

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Can they sign an extension? Ie sign a 1 year ELC then 45 minutes later announce an extension? Because if they can I can see why this isn't done, but if it's a case they can only do the ELC and the extension has to be signed at a later date then him signing with us is only a formality
He cannot sign an extension until November I believe. They can still obviously discuss it and come to a verbal agreement. The cap is set and Sorokin won’t be playing any games, so the situation will be exactly the same.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
34ikqw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->