Friedman: Ilya Mikheyev requests a trade

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The leafs never won the series? They lost? What is this? I never pretended the leafs won. I know damn well they lost. But it is possible to be the better team and lose. Happens every year to various teams. The last couple years it’s been the leafs.
Dude you live in a world of leperchaun, unicorn and rainbows. The best team is the one that wins the series end of story.
That's the way to determine who the best team is...

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Mikheyev has speed and energy, and was looking promising before his wrist got cut. Since then he has had no hands and little to zero accuracy with his shot which is actually pretty hard. The reality of the player is maybe the injury cost him a decent career.

That being said, I'm not sure why he is requesting a trade... But he will have to prove himself to any team to play above a 3rd line role.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Mikheyev has speed and energy, and was looking promising before his wrist got cut. Since then he has had no hands and little to zero accuracy with his shot which is actually pretty hard. The reality of the player is maybe the injury cost him a decent career.

That being said, I'm not sure why he is requesting a trade... But he will have to prove himself to any team to play above a 3rd line role.
He isn't requesting a trade.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Isn't that what the report said? Isn't that what this thread is about?
No, the report said that he requested a trade at the end of last season, "Ilya Mikheyev asked for a trade following the 2020-21 season" and was told that he is epected to play an important role. "the organization told Mikheyev it considers him a key part of their team and are counting on him to have a big year"
Sabres re-engage interested teams after meeting with Eichel's representatives - Sportsnet.ca

Also this morning

It is just that few people actually read the article.

Reactions: Tarmore

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Ok you go on believing that.
You keep believing the Leafs played better and deserve to win made my day. Thank you sir, I'll have a smile on my face for the reminder of the day. Have a nice week-end.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
No, the report said that he requested a trade at the end of last season, "Ilya Mikheyev asked for a trade following the 2020-21 season" and was told that he is epected to play an important role. "the organization told Mikheyev it considers him a key part of their team and are counting on him to have a big year"
Sabres re-engage interested teams after meeting with Eichel's representatives - Sportsnet.ca

Also this morning

Ok I guess my wording was off, I should have said "I'm not sure why he requested a trade". People request trades for a multitude of reasons, not always because of opportunity or ice time, or anything to do with hockey for that matter.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You keep believing the Leafs played better and deserve to win made my day. Thank you sir, I'll have a smile on my face for the reminder of the day. Have a nice week-end.
This my friends, is the equivalent of playing chess with a pigeon, except instead of playing, the pigeon knocks over all the chess pieces, takes a dump on the table and struts off like he won lol.

Back to the topic at hand. I suspect Mikheyev will be given every opportunity to succeed and will have a gentleman’s agreement with Dubas (like barabanov and lehtonen) that if he doesn’t play, he’ll facilitate a trade. Which is a fair and level headed approach for both parties.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Ok I guess my wording was off, I should have said "I'm not sure why he requested a trade". People request trades for a multitude of reasons, not always because of opportunity or ice time, or anything to do with hockey for that matter.
For sure. In the article it says that it is his role and ice time, it goes on to say these were addressed. The tweet confirims that.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Back to the topic at hand. I suspect Mikheyev will be given every opportunity to succeed and will have a gentleman’s agreement with Dubas (like barabanov and lehtonen) that if he doesn’t play, he’ll facilitate a trade. Which is a fair and level headed approach for both parties.

What does Mik's camp consider "playing" though? Unlike Barabanov and Lehtonen, Mikheyev is in the lineup every night. He's not a scratch. He plays a middle-six amount of minutes and is pretty firmly ensconced on the 3rd line, at worst. He's not a huge scorer, so I'm not sure what rationale his camp really has that he's being buried down the lineup here. Last season, there was really only one plausible top-six spot the Leafs might have considered playing him in.

It's an odd trade request. What other team is making Mikheyhev a bonafide top-six forward? Uh...Buffalo? Arizona? Is that where he wants to go?

Reactions: leafsfan5

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014

Also this morning

So to recap:

The player was like: "trade me."
Dubas: "No. We need you and are counting on you to have a big year for us next season."
People to agent "Did that conversation happen?"
Agent "No comment"

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
So to recap:

The player was like: "trade me."
Dubas: "No. We need you and are counting on you to have a big year for us next season."
People to agent "Did that conversation happen?"
Agent "No comment"
That about sums it up.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

Dubas is right to keep him. Our LW is a major question mark. We don't have a top 6 LW in our organization right now.

Ritchie - we have no idea how he will mesh in the top 6.
Bunting - Very limited viewing, he may not pan out right away
Mikheyev - speed and energy, 3rd liner
Kerfoot - probably playing C, but if he does play LW his definitely no higher than a 2nd liner
Robertson - young and inexperienced
Engvall - tweener

Also an injury to any of these guys and we have no more options.

Reactions: The90

The90

Feb 27, 2017
What does Mik's camp consider "playing" though? Unlike Barabanov and Lehtonen, Mikheyev is in the lineup every night. He's not a scratch. He plays a middle-six amount of minutes and is pretty firmly ensconced on the 3rd line, at worst. He's not a huge scorer, so I'm not sure what rationale his camp really has that he's being buried down the lineup here. Last season, there was really only one plausible top-six spot the Leafs might have considered playing him in.

It's an odd trade request. What other team is making Mikheyhev a bonafide top-six forward? Uh...Buffalo? Arizona? Is that where he wants to go?
Yeah I hear you. I’m not really sure. That’s for them to hash out.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
he didn't show anything worthy of being moved up last season. but with Hyman gone he'll have to soak up more minutes anyway.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Dubas is right to keep him. Our LW is a major question mark. We don't have a top 6 LW in our organization right now.

Ritchie - we have no idea how he will mesh in the top 6.
Bunting - Very limited viewing, he may not pan out right away
Mikheyev - speed and energy, 3rd liner
Kerfoot - probably playing C, but if he does play LW his definitely no higher than a 2nd liner
Robertson - young and inexperienced
Engvall - tweener

Also an injury to any of these guys and we have no more options.
Ritchie and Bunting will kill-bigg this season sire. For life. Ritchie will score his career high ether with matthews and marner or tavares and nylander. He's that heavy weight sire. We love life and ice hockey now sire. Bunting is also a bit of a pest, the leafs have needed that there ever since domi and tucker. Bunting will ether play with tavares or matthews. Hard.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
This my friends, is the equivalent of playing chess with a pigeon, except instead of playing, the pigeon knocks over all the chess pieces, takes a dump on the table and struts off like he won lol.

Except there's no chess game. I'm calling a square a square and you're saying it could be a diamond if you tilt it. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad