Friedman: Ilya Mikheyev requests a trade

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
If they keep this guy and bury him on the third line the so called free wallet players from other leagues will try other teams first and pick other teams if they have a choice

Yep, happened after Ozhiganov, Lehtonen, Aaltonen.....

If Mikheyev plays well, he will be placed in a good position to succeed likely beside a 1C and a 1RW, but if he is a speedy and defensively responsible winger who has little finish, he will likely be a role player playing on the third/fourth line.

I am sure if this was truly as big of an issue as you hoped it was then Semyonov would not have signed this year.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
weird how the news just leaked though
I would have to assume he's still wanting a trade. hes likely just not happy here anymore and wanted a chance else where.
Honestly I have a hard time seeing any player being happy in Toronto right now.

I'm a huge fan and Im not even remotely excited to watch them. have to assume they feel the same about playing
I mean the paycheques are awesome so there's that to get excited about for our players

If I was a player I'd want to be added to a talented roster like the Leafs.

Do you think UFAs should shy away from Colorado? Edmonton?

Being a player and a fan is different, players have the ability to influence the games, if you were a competitor why wouldn't you want to help a team win and play next to the top players in the game?

Also, most logical people realize that if you outplay the opposing team constantly, eventually you will put it together and win some series, it isn't like it was an Edmonton-style collapse last year, the Habs were outplayed and the Leafs ran into a great Price.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Yep, happened after Ozhiganov, Lehtonen, Aaltonen.....

If Mikheyev plays well, he will be placed in a good position to succeed likely beside a 1C and a 1RW, but if he is a speedy and defensively responsible winger who has little finish, he will likely be a role player playing on the third/fourth line.

I am sure if this was truly as big of an issue as you hoped it was then Semyonov would not have signed this year.

These guys are going for a championship, turf anyone who doesn't want to be there

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
At the end of the year he will have earned the right to chose free agency. If the Leafs flounder he could be traded. That is part of professional sports and it applies to all teams.
I can honestly see this season turning into a disaster.
I get a bad feeling we will see one of our big name players being moved along with Muzzin
I think Campbell will do fine with Mzarek but I have a tough time seeing the Campbell of last year moving forward (I REALLLLLLLLLY hope Im wrong there)

I think were going to miss playoffs and start a retool or something

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Honestly I don't like Dubas but this is great, this is what teams need to do to prevent this shit becoming like the NBA. Don't give in, you signed a contract, either sit at home and make no money or play.
It's easy to do that with a depth player. It's hard to do that with a 1st line O/D, or a star player.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I get a bad feeling we will see one of our big name players being moved along with Muzzin
I think Campbell will do fine with Mzarek but I have a tough time seeing the Campbell of last year moving forward (I REALLLLLLLLLY hope Im wrong there)

I am eternally optimistic.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

Being a player and a fan is different, players have the ability to influence the games, if you were a competitor why wouldn't you want to help a team win and play next to the top players in the game?

Also, most logical people realize that if you outplay the opposing team constantly, eventually you will put it together and win some series, it isn't like it was an Edmonton-style collapse last year, the Habs were outplayed and the Leafs ran into a great Price.
I never said players would shy away from certain teams. I also think Mikheyev will be on the 2nd line so theres a good opportunity there for him
I'm really just speculating on the recent news that he asked for a trade,
It's clear he's not happy as a Leaf.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

I don't understand this thinking at all... but alright.

105pt pace under Keefe, deeper upfront, no AHL Andersen, same D, can't see a playoff miss.

Only argument people have is "almost missed the playoffs 2 years ago", that was thanks to Babcock's terrible start, #6 for the rest of the season I believe under Keefe

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I never said players would shy away from certain teams. I also think Mikheyev will be on the 2nd line so theres a good opportunity there for him
I'm really just speculating on the recent news that he asked for a trade,
It's clear he's not happy as a Leaf.

Is it?

He isn't happy with his role, not the team, there is a big difference.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Leafs are better off keeping him.. a trade return for him would be very minimal .. not worth moving him

The90

Feb 27, 2017

I can think of exactly 0 reasons why muzzin would be moved? Wth is that hot take?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I don't understand this thinking at all... but alright.

105pt pace under Keefe, deeper upfront, no AHL Andersen, same D, can't see a playoff miss.

Only argument people have is "almost missed the playoffs 2 years ago", that was thanks to Babcock's terrible start, #6 for the rest of the season I believe under Keefe
Im not trying to create an argument, its just a bad feeling thats all.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It can lead to more money. He has to be able to fulfill the role. Besides, he can choose to be a UFA in July.
So he wants a payday and knows that comes with a big year. He’s not getting the Cherry role icetime.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
This dude has had so many opportunities playing in the top 6 but can just never produce. Hes been brutal offensively since his wrist injury. Not sure why he thinks hes going to produce better somewhere else...

He literally plays the Leafs weakest position but hes got no finish.

Reactions: leafsfan5 and BHD

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I can think of exactly 0 reasons why muzzin would be moved? Wth is that hot take?
Muzzin being moved would be part of that retool I was talking about
brought him up based off his age and remaining contract years
and thats IF they do very poorly IF they start a retool

There's a good chance they continue to play well and make playoffs. but I wouldn;t say they are a lock anymore

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

We outplayed you guys, get real. You lost fair and square. Goaltending is part of the game.

Mar 12, 2009
Honestly I don't like Dubas but this is great, this is what teams need to do to prevent this shit becoming like the NBA. Don't give in, you signed a contract, either sit at home and make no money or play.
He's accommodated players wanting a change of scenery before, so I hope this is where they don't but they show the player why by making the current situation suitable for them...then if that fails, move them.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Muzzin being moved would be part of that retool I was talking about
brought him up based off his age and remaining contract years
and thats IF they do very poorly IF they start a retool

There's a good chance they continue to play well and make playoffs. but I wouldn;t say they are a lock anymore
That literally makes no sense on any front. He’s their most physical and best pk d. He’s had a few injuries but aside from that his game is pretty safe to age well?

It’s a very weird take out of left field. Someone like rielly would be much more likely given they have young puck movers coming up behind him in Dermott, Sandin and Liljegren. If they moved Muzzin the d Corp is buttery soft.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
He had a terrible year, and he's lost his scoring tough since the wrist injury.

Honestly, the Leafs could waive him and I wouldn't care. Let Robertson take his roster spot.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
We outplayed you guys, get real. You lost fair and square. Goaltending is part of the game.
Goaltending is certainly part of the game. Unfortunately every single other position was outplayed by the leafs. Carey price won you that series. And he’s been <.910 the last 2 regular seasons. Better hope playoff price shows up or you’re in big trouble.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Goaltending is certainly part of the game. Unfortunately every single other position was outplayed by the leafs. Carey price won you that series. And he’s been <.910 the last 2 regular seasons. Better hope playoff price shows up or you’re in big trouble.
Hahaha still hurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad