Friedman: Ilya Mikheyev requests a trade

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
According to several sources, Toronto winger Ilya Mikheyev asked for a trade following the 2020-21 season. But, what is important to the story is that the Maple Leafs made it clear they do not want to accommodate this request. With Zach Hyman and Joe Thornton gone from the left wing, the organization told Mikheyev it considers him a key part of their team and are counting on him to have a big year.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Honestly I don't like Dubas but this is great, this is what teams need to do to prevent this shit becoming like the NBA. Don't give in, you signed a contract, either sit at home and make no money or play.
Yzerman did this with Drouin and owned him, it should be the standard. I am all for players getting paid but once you sign you play.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Honestly I don't like Dubas but this is great, this is what teams need to do to prevent this shit becoming like the NBA. Don't give in, you signed a contract, either sit at home and make no money or play.
I can agree with this, but we don't know how strongly Mikheyev requested it. He might have thought that Toronto wouldn't mind accommodating him. It's not like he's been all that great there (or badly for that matter). It's Toronto, so any little bit of info will be grabbed onto and magnified to get clicks

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Very solid player... until his wrist injury. Seems to have lost all confidence with the puck as a result.
Maybe a new setting/fresh start would be good for him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wow this is def the start of something big… I wonder if Matthews will request his trade to Arizona next or play out his contract

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad